“fabulous”
Review of Cosmos Maris

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lardos
Cosmos Maris
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Lardos
Reviewed October 25, 2010

no complaints superb holiday thanks to george and his family and staff.Missing Yamas bar already Big Boss had a ball.Thanks

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Janice W
There are newer reviews for Cosmos Maris

Reviewed September 14, 2010

First time at the Cosmos Maris and in fact to Rhodes and as per previous reviews very impressed with the standard of accomodation for a 2 star hotel. Lardos is a very quiet place, in fact a bit too quiet at times, although the village 2 kilometres away is pretty at night, especially when they hold a traditional Greek night - not to be missed. Valentinas is a fantastic restaurant with good food and service.

The Cosmos Maris provides good reasonably priced snacks and the pool area is lovely, well kept and sun beds are comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank suehockey
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I have never felt the need to write a review before but this really was a fab holiday! Rooms were large, clean and well equipped (I don't go on holiday to cook though!). It was great for the kids, aged 16 and 12, as it was small enough to find friends easily. The pool table, swimming pool and each other's company kept them well entertained for 2 weeks. The bar stayed open until the last people went to bed so we were able to socialise when we got back from our meal each evening. The Greek night was definitely the highlight for all of us as we had so much fun that evening. The location is quiet but there is a good beach that is very close (snorkelling, we found octopus, pipe-fish, eel, and various other fish) and there are a few restaurants and shops close by if you can't be bothered to go very far. We used the bus and taxi service to visit pefkos and lindos. We tended to walk into Lardos (20mins) in the evening and get a taxi back (5 euros). Some people we met hired cars, there is lots more to see on the island if that is the type of holiday you are after. We took a fishing trip from Pefkos beach (50 euros for your own boat for 2 hours including rods and bait). The kids also went Go karting which is in Lardos. Lindos was lovely but extremely hot, I think everyone should have a little look. As has been said many times before, George and his family are lovely. They are friendly without being overbearing. This place comes highly recommended from us.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

I took my 2 teenage children to the Cosmos Maris hotel in Rhodes for a week and I am so pleased I did. The hotel itself is immaculately clean, as are the rooms, grounds and pool area. Staff are cleaning from 7am til gone 10pm. Our room was huge and very comfortable. The beds were comfortable and we all slept well the entire week. The staff were all very friendly and worked hard to make everyone feel welcome and at home. The owner George is lovely, he gets to know each guests name and spends time chatting with u. The food at the pool bar is good quality with lots of variety. I'm a vegetarian and one of my children is a fussy eater but we had lots of choices which was great. The food is also very good value for money, nothing is over priced. The local area is quiet, no loud bars or clubs to have to endure at night. If u want something more lively, the hotel will arrange a taxi to nearby Lardos where there is a selection of bars and restaurants. Go to Yamas bar, very good. The pool is not huge but as it's a small hotel, it's more than adequate. Lots of sun loungers with matresses and there is no need to reserve them with towels, plenty to go around. Even the other guests were all so friendly and relaxed, the whole atmosphere was one of low key relaxation. I booked through Thomson who offered lots of excursions and whos rep was always on hand. A trip to the Acropolis is a must, but is slipery so wear shoes with good grip, avoid flip flops! I will definately return to the Cosmos Maris and would recommend it to anyone who wants to switch off and chill out on their holiday.

1  Thank Anniemarie75
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Lovely family run business, Geoge and co are faultless. However, the hotel rooms are really small and the self catering area is not big enough. The fridge and two hobs behind a door was a little uncomfortable, and the only place to eat was outside. The air conditioning was also an added and hidden expense which Thomson had said was included in the package. The excursions which run from the hotel are ok, but again they are not really high value for money and the rep was pretty useless at the hotel. Again, a nice person but was useless. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, which makes life outside the hotel difficult especially with a child. However the bar food was lovely but the point of going self catering was to do exactly that. The rooms are also incredibly noisy, and I found it really difficult to sleep. The pool and the rooms are all spotless and very well maintained. It is nobody's fault the hotel is not well placed, it was in fact the holiday provider who sold something contrary to description. There are buses hourly, and the bus stop is a short walk away but be prepared for a scary lift! All in all, we found Greece to be incredibly over priced and I will never use the same holiday provider again. They sold something which was nothing like we were told upon purchase. I am glad to have met George and co who are all really lovely, but I would never go back to Greece again. We climbed the Acropolis and visted Rhodes which are amazing, but once we did that the excitement of Greece disappeared.

5  Thank CosmicRhodes
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Have just returned from a 10 night stay at the Cosmos Maris hotel. I cannot praise the hotel highly enough. I can honestly say that I have never felt so welcome and comfortable at any other hotel that I have ever stayed at. The staff are fantastic, the rooms are basic but impeccably clean, the pool is lovely and sunbeds are plentiful, and the pool bar offers good value for money.
The hotel is in a quiet location but has 2 supermarkets and 4 restaurants in close proximity (pizza place by the bus stop is good...staff can be a bit abrupt but food is nice) and is within walking distance of Pefkos (40mins) and Lardos (20mins). Pefkos is more lively than Lardos and has a beautiful beach. Lardos has a lovely 'vice'; we would definately recommend Roules (esp. for veggies!) and Yamas bar for a lovely night out!
Lindos and Rhodes are worth a visit...the beach at Lindos is fabulous but make sure you wear decent shoes as its a bit hilly! There is a glass bottomed boat that runs from Pefkos beach to Lindos (leave Pefkos at 10am and leave Lindos at 4pm) that is definately worth finding...gives a unique view of the island and lets you swim in the beautiful Med on the way back :D (E14 one way, E18 round trip).
Definately use Georges Cars for car rental...E65 cheaper than the company recommended by rep. We really enjoyed driving around the island for 3 days.
I know that every review says the same thing and that it can be difficult to believe. Trust me...this is a wonderful hotel with fantastic staff and you will have a fabulous holiday if you visit Cosmos Maris.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank historymad84
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Spacious and spotlessly clean apartments with quality towels and bedlinen changed on a regular basis.George and his staff go out of their way to make you welcome and nothing is too much trouble. A very friendly atmosphere exists. Although not advertised as a restaurant the food and wine is some of the best I have experienced in Greece. I would highly recommend this hotel and the staff service.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank snowball186338
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lardos
Lindian Village
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas
Sunshine Hotel
Sunshine Hotel
#6 of 14 in Lardos

Been to Cosmos Maris? Share your experiences!