“It is paradise.”

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Lardos
Farnham, United Kingdom
“It is paradise.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We love the Hotel Ilyssion so much we have been going there for 15 years sometime twice a year.Family run they look after their guests so well.The view is fantastic.We have just returned home after 2 weeks there and can't wait 'til September when we are returning for another 2 weeks.

Room Tip: Majority of rooms have sea views and balconys.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ilyssion

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have been to Rhodes many times. Last year we stopped at the Illyssion, we liked it because there are no roads to cross to get to beach (fine shingle.), good rooms, friendly staff, we enjoyed the food, location is good with a bus stop outside for cheap travel and Pefkos within 20 minutes level walk away.Great value!
We enjoyed it so much we`re going again this year!
What more can I say.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was staying at hotel ilyssion for 2 weeks and it was the best time of my life!!!me and my husband spent very romantic nights on the fantastic balkony and in the fantastic swimming pools and our days playing tennis,swimming,having fun at the snack bar...our children were playing and watching movies at the play room!The owners and the staff were the friendliest and most adorable people we have ever met!In addition the food was so delicious with a big amount especially the Greek plates!!!when we left we were all crying!we will definitely go again and again!a big thanks to kostas,Katerina,Kyra and Chris!!!!
P.S nothing of the bad comments respond to the reality.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Jessicavu
edinburgh
Reviewed February 16, 2013

we never ate once had a look, looked like a Nafi cafe full off Russians and eastern Europeans,Perch offed every day with an apple for sweet.

Fleeced for money at every turn ... pay for sun loungers , pay for iron , pay for a key for a fridge ? pay for hair dryer ? Bed was from a different century rock solid.room small....................If this was your first visit too Greece or Pefkos you would never come back. there is lots of great accommodation in Pefkos and have having traveled all over Greece ,I can categorically say its the worst i have had the misfortune to stay in.............but yes the owner has a smile when trying to get money out of you for amenties and services provided free in every other hotel / apartment in Pefkos , so that's. okay Not !!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank EdinburghKenny

Travelers are raving about these Lardos hotels

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have been coming back to this holiday almost annualy for the last 12 years because I have found my perfect holiday, which gives me all I need to relax and regenerate to face the following 12 months of pressured and full on work back in the UK.

I have found the family who run the hotel, and the staff to be a joy and a delight. There again, I find that the people of Rhodes in general are really warm, friendly and welcoming. The weather is always pretty perfect for me - mostly clear blue skies and lovely and warm, if not hot, as is the location of the hotel. Close enough to Pefkos to shop and enjoy the local tavernas, but also not in the main thrust to be too noisy and hectic. The facilities are good: right on the sea front and within only 5 minutes walk to a beach, and three pools. The little salt water pool can end up mirroring the sea by September (coming to the end of the season) but is cleared out and refreshed each year, so if you're coming at the end of the summer it won't be sparking as it does at the beginning - such is the nature of the sea which is pumped in to it.

The room is all that I need, and would expect for 3 stars, including a terrace etc.and serviced/cleaned very regularly.

The hotel serve greek food which I enjoyed when eating there. Although I book half board, as the travel company don't offer a bed and breakfast option, I always budget to eat out for some of the time as I enjoy eating outside in the local tavernas with the advantage of choosing just what I fancy that evening from the menu. Taking that into account I still think it's value for money. I pretty much always eat greek food, as I think it's delicious and part of my greek experience. I happen to know that the hotel use their own organic fruit and vedgetables which are grown on site, and I believe the flavours are a testament to that.

As long as I can save enough to return I will do. Great people, place, weather, food, and fun round the bar in the evening. Couldn't ask for more

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Eleanor S S
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel has a great location on the sea shore (a small lovely sandy beach and a little pier for swimmers just in front oh the hotel), nice swimming pools just in front of the room. Rooms are very basic and small but cleaned every day. Breakfasts were very bad, no choice, no fruit or vegetable, nothing for children. Dinners were better. Promised singing birds in cages were missing, the cages were empty except for one coctateel and the playground was shabby. Swimming pool with sea water was full of slippery seaweeds. Anyway, the weather was perfect, so we enjoyed it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Vera S
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

just returned from the ilyssion after 2 weeks holiday there 12th -26th september 2012.its true the food is really bad we paid for half board and spent most of our time eating out.we tried eating there a couple of times and it was just the same , cold ,tasteless.The room we were put in was very basic and could do with updating as the bathroom was a mess, shower with a plastic curtain,toilet seat did not fit,we were charged 20 euro's for the use of a rusty old fridge and yes the rust was in the inside.Also we were invaded by a army of ants.only good points for this hotel was its near the beach, we will not be booking any more holidays at this hotel and if i did go back to greece it would be on a self catering basis

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank a c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lardos
Olive Garden Hotel
#15 of 34 in Pefkos
Sunrise Hotel
Sunrise Hotel
#21 of 30 in Lindos

Been to Hotel Ilyssion? Share your experiences!