“Excellent hotel with good service”

Costa Lindia Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Lardos
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hotel is very nice! Good service, beautiful place and the sea, excellent food!!! There are many beautiful pools! Everything is clean, neat and tidy. Reception it was always available for us! Very nice children annimatsiya! Thank you very much!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Romashishka
There are newer reviews for Costa Lindia Beach Resort

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Hello

I stayed in this hotel for second time in this season in 06 of September for a week.I was again guest in 27-06 for 2 weeks .
The place is very good,the sea is great,and there are free sunbeds everywhere .There are great pools in all the hotel and you can swim and be cool.
The food it was very good ,with very good quality and the chef it was very good with us.
Reception it was always available for us ,24 hours ,helpful and with smile.Waiters and waitresses was always smiley.
Of course the best point it was the staff in the Bars ,who was really friendly and professionals. And we will never forget George,the Barman in the Delle Aqua Pool Bar ,because its the best Barman who ever see,smiley,helpful,humorous,funny,great dancer,unbelievable fast in his work and creates the best drinks and cocktails who ever tastes!(green bomba)
He is a showman -Barman and all the people they want to be there.

Finally this is a very good hotel with very good staff ,food ,location and services .
We will return again next year to enjoy our holidays (...and George Barman!)

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank VeronikaD84
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Great hotel for families. Very good cuisine. The courteous staff. Everything is clean, neat and tidy. Very beautiful place. Two minutes walk to the sea. Great entertainment. I advise everyone, not regret it. A++ (5+). All was great. Thank you very much!!! I'm already told to all my friends about this great hotel.

Room Tip: We live on the first floor, in the 410 and 411 rooms. I like that place.
3  Thank Artem S
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is completely honest review of our experiences at this hotel in August.
We were staying in Rhodes for my brothers wedding (fortunately not at this hotel) so many of us had travelled to Lindos for the week.
My parents-in-law arrived at this hotel a few days before us (having never travelled abroad before) to be told there was no room for them and they had to stay somewhere else. Disgusting. So we triple confirmed with the management that they wouldn't do this to us and they did indeed have rooms for us.
After delayed flights, missed transfer and lost luggage (including bridesmaid dresses) we arrived at Costa Lindia to be told that they had no rooms for us ('a plumbing problem' which they later admitted was a lie). We were put in some rooms down the road above a supermarket. Certainly not even 1* or even in the hotel and told they would have a room for us the next day. The next day we wait at reception to be told they don't have a room at all and we have to go back to the supermarket rooms. Upset, angry and ruining the whole atmosphere for the wedding party we were very upset. 2 days into our holiday and we still had no room in the hotel and no apology for the manager or anyone else.
On the wedding day we finally got a room (broken steps, overflowing drains, smelling of sewage, empty minibar etc) and apparently that room was an upgrade. At this point we had no energy of confidence in them even caring to bother complaining to the unempowered reception.

We stuck it out for the rest of the holiday. Purely cos we had no choice.

Terrible, like a cattle market
A la carte restaurants - fully booked

Drinks - tiny plastic cups that you often saw floating in the pools

Cleaners - I saw 2 cleaners the whole week for a 1200 person hotel.
Staff - all were very demotivated and rude. (Except Bogdan)

I won't go into more detail but this hotel was probably beautiful when built but has been terribly managed ever since.

Even at other hotels we visited during the week, Costa Lindia had a bad reputation. I wasn't surprised to hear this.

Only about 2% of the guests were British (the rest russians) and it seemed that all the overbooked and room 'mishaps' had happened to the British and not to anyone else. Coincidence? Ill let you decide that one.

I usually wouldn't mind and would be able to deal with mishaps, cleaning issues, even bad food.....but this is truly the worst experience ever and if you are reading this thinking "oh people only come on here to write bad reviews" as I thought... Please don't book. I advise you to change or really think about it.

Room Tip: Even the superior rooms are terrible and have had no maintenance since the hotel opened
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank ruthemorris
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Ok I would like to start with saying I'm not usually a moaner have stayed in many hotels and well travelled. We booked this holiday about a month before we travelled bit of a last minute bargain! We normally stay in the Mitsis so knew it wasn't going to be to that standard but still expected a good 4* at least! This is not any where near a 5* hotel! We travelled as a family with three children 10,6,5 and me and my partner. We booked a family room with a pool and was told it was a two bed family room. We even emailed the manager after booking to ensure the children had beds and that we got a superior room as paid for! We arrived at 2:30 am and were soo tired, only to be given a room with one double bed and one single!! So you guessed it we had no beds!!! The kids had the double and we crashed out on the single not the 5* luxury we had planned!!!!

After early morning arguments with the completely pointless receptionist who by his own admissions told us if he gave us a new room he would get the sack, we still got no joy!!! He told us to come back when manager was here. So early morning and more arguments with the craziest receptionist in the world we were still told there is no family room available and we would have to wait for a bedroom!!!!

The manager finally rocks up at 11 am more arguments he is so rude and knows nothing about hospitality or even how to run a hotel! He shouted in front of the children made them cry and argued until he was blue in the face! Joking aside it was a very worrying time we felt helpless and our travel agent even got know where with them!

We were finally given a room that evening and the first day of our holiday was ruined we wasted most of it arguing for what was a basic request a family room that was booked and paid for.

After the battle over the room we then went to face the war in the restaurant I kid you not!!!!! The restaurant is huge but for some reason industrial cookers are crammed into the smallest area which is red hot and filthy! You have to queue around the red hot cookers for meat and pasta pretty standard food really. Imagine queuing for 30 mins with three young children and sometimes even longer! The next battle was after getting your food arriving back to the table to find the glasses had been taken a chair was missing and the restaurant is full of cats!!!! Now I'm a cat lover but I don't want them at my feet whilst eating.

To put in bluntly its absolute carage it's not better then a child's school canteen EXCEPT this is less organised. There is not enough space or man power to cope with the all inclusive guests.

Now the second part 98% of the guests are Russian and I am not discriminate on any grounds they are however very very rude!!!! To queue is beneath them and most nights they would push in front of you ending up with arguments in the restaurant! Not a stress free holiday!

Glasses are rare in the restaurant and you'll be lucky to each get a glass or even enjoy a drink with your meal! Puddings are a joke I've never seen anything like it in my life!!!

Basically meal times became such a battle I had to stay with the table whilst we took it in turns to go battle for food with the children after we battled and queued for there food we then went to get ours so we never ate a meal together which was a shame.

I've uploaded the pictures of the puddings and snack bar if your interested in looking at them! The coffee cups are also broken and a breeding ground for bacteria! Both me and my partner had poorly tummies on holiday so be careful what you eat, I would advise approach with caution.

The drinks are diabolical plastic glasses even at night drink selection is non existent! And the orange juice was a bit of a standing joke by the end of the holiday! It was different every time!!! In the end we brought bottled water for the children and gate crashed next doors discos which are fantastic. It was down at the beach good music good fun and lovely apple juice for kids and piña coldas for us we had to pay but this was the highlight of our holiday really! Sad but true!!!

The entertainment is geared up for the Russian guests and the children weren't welcome obviously being British! The mini disco was not English either but they still joined in the best they could.

Ok the staff some were extremely friendly and kind this was the bar staff who loved the kids and the chef was also lovely!! The staff in the shop were very friendly and very reasonable! However the waitresses are very nonchalant and no nothing about service with a smile or even about having the basics such as glasses!

This was the most stressful holiday ever and the restaurant stress took its toll on me and my partner leading us to argue! I couldn't wait to get home!

On returning home it was off to the supermarket to make us a nice family meal where we could sit down and enjoy quality food with being in the zoo.

Ok on a serious note utterly disappointing and a waste of our hard earned £2700 for one week :-((

Ok good points, lovely pools and plenty of them kids had real fun in choosing which pool to go in. A la carte restaurant were nice and gets you out of the zoo staff are more friendly as well.

It was my daughters birthday on the last night and the chef did make her a lovely birthday cake for free so that was lovely!

The staff work so hard in the restaurant and bar they just need more help, I also think the manager must bully them as there frightened to say anything.

Room was clean when we finally got the right one and cleaners are nice and friendly!!! Shower leaks though so please be careful!

That's it really would I go again..... Only in my nightmares

Room Tip: Ask for pool room with private balcony! Stay clear of level one its riddled with cat wee!!
8  Thank Kimberlina82
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have travelled quite a lot so I am fortunate to be able to assess this hotel with a clear mind of judgement.

The reception staff is the poorest I have ever seen in any other, nevermind a 5Star Beach Resort.
They never acknowledge any guests with a smile of a polite good morning, unless you acknwoledge them first. They seem to be lacking a lot of information when you ask something.
They never quite give you the straight forward answer and more often than not ask you to come back to check later with someone else.

We got to our room, which wasn't the one we booked, and after having to go back to reception to complain about it (because the phones in the rooms were not working, don't know why!!) We were told that they were expecting families with of four and five, so my family being only of three, had less priority??!!!

They told us to try in a couple of days, which by then, we were already used to the room, which was near the beach end, so we decided not to bother and got a refund certificate instead.

The bars and especially the bar staff is the mais thing in this resort that takes good marks. They have 4 bars Rotunda (near reception), they have the pool-bar, the Avra bar (overlooking the beach) and they have the beach bar.

The beach bar is a small hut that only serves fizzy drinks and water with no music or anything to it really. Guests form long queues to be able to get a couple of drinks and having no where else to go, they go back to their sunbeds.

To book your sunbed you have to wake up early and "reserve it" by placing a towel on it and then go for breakfast.
Breakfast and lunch were okay, nothing outstanding, but with a good diversity of things to choose from.
For dinner, you can choose (booking 24 hours before) the Pizzeria, the arabic restaurant or the greek). We had dinners in them all and they were all good, my choice would be the arabic.

The beach is nice, full of little stones, but enjoyable and quiet.
The animation team seem to be a good bunch but lacking either permission or ideas to do more things. I would go with the former as I spoke to them a few times and they kept saying, we would, if we could.

And the best place to be I found that it was the pool bar, it is the only place I could get wi-fi and also when George was about, the place would get some life to it. The music was always the same 5 cds on shuffle which was a shame, and after a week you are fed up with all the same tunes.

Did I enjoy it? I did to a degree.
Did I expect more? Definately!
Would I go back? Definately Not.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Luis C
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have just arrived back from an eleven night stay at the Costa Lindia hotel, we are a family of five with three boys aged 6,8 and 10. On arriving at the hotel we were told that due to a fault on the hotels computer system the hotel was fully booked and we were to be moved to another hotel being the Lindos Imperial five minutes away for two nights. Obviously we were not too pleased about this but felt we had no option and the hotel paid for the taxi there and back.

On arriving back two days later we were given a poolside room, which was more than big enough with a separate bedroom for the children, a decent sized bathroom and was very clean. The cleaner who was lovely came every day and we had no complaints there. Our room overlooked one of the many pools and you could literally walk up four steps to your balcony which had two sunbeds and jump straight from that level into the pool. The tiles on the floor on both the balcony and room were extremely slippy though and as you get straight out of the pool wet we found we were all slipping no matter how careful we tried to be so ended up having to put towels down on the floor for safety.
The shower in the bathroom also must have leaked water out somewhere as whenever we used it the bathroom floor ended up very wet. The bath had the option of a jacuzzi setting however this sometimes didnt work properly. On one occassion the bath water smelt when you were running it and left a rusty looking mark behind but each other time it was fine.
There was a small fridge also in the room which had water and juice in it the first day but none after that and there was a tv but the only english channel was bbc world news but you dont really come on holiday to watch tv so that was fine.
The hotels grounds are really lovely , I have heard people call it 'little Italy' as it has little bridges and so many pools, really was nice to see it all lit up at night too. The hotel is on the beach so that was an added bonus and the beach is lovely and clean with all the usual watersports. There was a small childrens pool area and a larger waterslide for the older children, my husband went down this though and cut his arm quite badly as the water at the end where you come out of the slide is much to shallow.

The food is very basic and caters for more Eastern Europeans which was the nationality of 98% of the people there, we only met about three other English familes. Chips were served most breakfast times but not at the time the children wanted them. We booked the Italian restaurant one night and it is basically just pasta and pizza not what you would really expect in a so called five star hotel but i also have to sya none of us were ill for the whole time we were there from the food. Drinks are served in plastic glasses, no diet drinks even though they tell you they have diet pepsi i dont think it is and tasted very flat.

The hotel is said to be owned by Germans and all the animation staff were foreign and the music in the mini disco for the children was foreign too. The entertainment is a joke, absolutely nothing happening after the mini disco finishes at 10. There are signs to say showtime was 10pm but we sat many a time waiting for nothing to happen, so the children were very bored at night.
There are a few bars and restaurants just outside the hotel, go to 'Happy Days' Bar which shows the football games and is run by a lovely English couple Diane and Paul.
Lardos village too is just a fifteen minute walk and the livlier Pefkos just a short taxi ride away is good for the kids as it has bars with trampolines and bouncy castles.

Our overall opinion is that without being so lucky to have got one of the better family rooms the hotel is very basic, looks the part with the surroundings, but lacks a lot in most other areas, we wont be going back but i am also glad i didnt let the bad reviews on this website put me off booking as i feel the price we paid (£2135) was probably reasonable for what we got.Food, drink and def entertainment or lack of it were our main issues.

Room Tip: Try and get a family room poolside, all others a letdown.
4  Thank KET41
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lardos
Lindos Princess Beach Hotel
Mistral Hotel
Mistral Hotel
#14 of 34 in Kolimbia
Lindos Imperial Resort & Spa

Been to Costa Lindia Beach Resort? Share your experiences!