Had a fantastic stay at this hotel. After finding it on the Internet we got it cheaper booking direct with hotel. We also got a better choice of room. We chose the Maisonette thinking this would be better with 2 children as our bedroom was upstairs but although it was fab and had a lovely bathroom, kitchen area, patio and balcony we have subsequently learned that the junior suite might have been better as the children would have had single beds - a big deal now they are getting older and dont want to share. Hotel staff couldn't do enough for us pool was so clean and quiet. We didnt have to worry about getting a sunbed like in most hotels. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice our only negative comments would be that it felt like this hotel could have offered so much more! It is in a stunning location with beautiful views down to Gerakas beach walking distance to Gerakas and Port o Roma. The rooftop terrace is unused and would be fabulous for BBQs and cocktail nights. The adjoining restaurant Villa Rossa is absolutely stunning a romantic setting with a greek night on a Thursday but the menu was Pizza and Pasta???? We did manage to get some Greek food on request the following week but really the Menu needs to be improved and more authentic as if you are like me if I am visiting Greece I want to eat Greek ! Simple changes easily done. The other thing to mention was that whilst we hardy saw any mosquitos there was anoyher problem - wasps! Not like ourssome quite big and dont get me wrong people were not getting stung - staff seemed to be used to it and this problem seemed to be all over the island. However some tavernas made precautions with trapping devices and so on which the Hotel didn't and thus preventd lots of people from enjoying the beautiful scenery at breakfast time . On the whole though we would thoroughly recommend this hotel for a relaxing holiday with plenty to see. Gerakas beach best by far - Marios boat trip - amazing and the Organic Restaurant by the beach for best food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Belvedere boutique Hotel is the perfect place for a holiday, located amongst Cypress trees in the beautiful verdant area of Vassilikos; undoubtedly one of the prettiest places on Zakynthos. Vassilikos is a charming village still relatively untouched by tourism, with tavernas and bars set in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Built on the side of a small hill, it overlooks the green fields below and beyond the blue sea of Gerakas and Porto Roma bays; the two best beaches on the whole island - only a 5 minute walk away. The hotel is built with the utmost attention to detail. The main colors are white and blue mixed only with the green color of the surrounding trees, simplicity, style and high quality of materials used are found throughout this unique hotel. The hotel provides not only a relaxed and quiet atmosphere but also all modern facilities such as internet access, satellite TV, DVD player and air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Gerakas Belvedere Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Gerakas Belvedere Luxury Vasilikos
- Hotel Gerakas Belvedere Luxury Suites Zakynthos/Vasilikos