“BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE!!”
Review of Zoomarine Algarve

Zoomarine Admission Ticket
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Guia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the mysteries of the oceans at the Algarve best family theme park. Located in Guia, just a few kilometers from Albufeira, you can watch presentations with dolphins, seals and sea lions, with tropical birds and birds of prey. Besides these presentations, there is also an amazing aquarium with sharks, various habitats, 4D Cinema, attractions, amusements, swimming pools and the new Zoomarine Beach, that will make your visit to Zoomarine unforgettable. Unique sensations on a journey through world of knowledge and adventure where adults and children discover the mysteries of marine life in a day full of surprises and emotions.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was able to swim with the Dolphins on my birthday. This was the best experience of my life. My boyfriend surprised me with this present and I couldnt thank him, or the staff enough. All the staff and the animals where lovely and I would do it again if I where to return to Portugal. All the shows which where provided throughout the day where amazing too and we thoroughly enjoyed them. The food was also great!!!!!

4  Thank xxSxx27
Write a ReviewReviews (6,856)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went to Zoomarine during our oct half term holiday. I went alone with my 5year old and wasn't that impressed overall.
It cost just less than €45 for the 2 of us. I would say that in the height of summer when all the attractions are open that this would be great value for money, but in October when a lot of the things were shut it was a rip off.
The shows were fantastic and I can't fault them, however the theme park area / childrens ride's were mainly closed. The pirate ship, ferris wheel and the mini rollercoaster were all shut, meaning the only one's open were the carousel and a little train that would have been suitable but there never seemed to be anyone manning it as the staff were too busy chatting to each other.
We ate at the cafe and had a pizza and chips which was quite nice and not too expensive. You don't expect gourmet in a place like this so I was surprised at the quality as it genuinely wasn't bad.
The aquarium was good and my daughter enjoyed it, but the waterpark area was closed. I can understand this as the weather wasn't very good at this time of year and no one would want to be in it anyway. The 4d cinema was also closed.
I think we were in there for around 4hours altogether and I really struggled to find things to keep my little one amused and we had 3 trips around the aquarium in between the shows.
Overall I would return but only in better weather and busier months when more would be open.
I really do feel that they needed to have warned people before they paid that so many things were closed, or to have at least have drastically reduced the price in winter as it was a total rip off in my opinion.

2  Thank maggi72
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Zoomarine is a must for tourists! I loved the sea lion and dolphin show. I also got to take a picture with the dolphin and was given a kiss by him! The bird show is very entertaining as well.

2  Thank Addicted_to_travel87
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Having visited the Algarve for over 12 years now we had never visited Zoomarine. Not being a family who particularly favours water parks etc we went at the start of the season. How wrong can you be! We loved it. The two shows , Sea lions and Dolphins are unmissable. The clown sent in to warm up the audience managed to convey, totally in mime to all languages and left everyone wanting more! He was so funny, and completely different at both shows. Do take swimming things because there are plenty of opportunities to get wet. We also found food was plentiful but not overpriced and freshly made baguettes went down a treat at lunchtime. I notice several people have said food is expensive ...is this because we went at the start of April and maybe prices vary in high season? In high season you are definitely going to need lots of sun screen and water. The only down side is the price to get in, but we booked online direct before we left the UK (just remember to print off your receipt with the bar code) and received a discount. I have also seen big discounts offered in the Forum shopping centre in Faro and Albufeira, so best to get tickets ahead. Would we go again....we can't wait! All big kids at heart!

2  Thank Capdan13
Reviewed January 12, 2013

great place and great water park rather expensive for food be warned ke plenty cash with you. lots to do there on the slides also take extra money for pictures they take as u entre the water park.

2  Thank MrsBroderick