“The best on Skiathos”

Stefanos Ski School & Boat hire
Ranked #5 of 23 Tours in Skiathos Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Skiathos Boat Hire & Watersports Centre, powered by Stefanos Ski School since 1995 on Vassilias beach. We offer a large varity of watersports and boats to rent. Stefanos is qualified in England by the British Waterski Federation teaching people to waterski for more than 30 years. We offer Waterski , Wakeboard , Kneeboard ,SUP , Canoes , Pedalos, Boats for rent , Boat trips with a driver , Parasailing and more
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Stafanos Ski School and Boat hire, Stef is the best instructor for water skiing on Skiathos he is patient and focused. The ring rides, extreme dragons are brilliant. The boat hire is the best the boats are brilliantly maintained and the instruction is thorough and well executed.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank 69Farleys
Stefanos K, Ιδιοκτήτης at Stefanos Ski School & Boat hire, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2016

farleys thanks a lot for your comment.all the best for the new year and looking forward to see you in summer!!stefanos-jasmine

All reviews
"absolute bliss"
"high winds"
"safety features"
in 2 reviews
"a small family run business"
"minute briefing"
"main island"
"recommended tour"
"island paradise"
"great fun"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed December 4, 2014

After thoroughly scanning the skiing possibilities around the Greek islands, in 2002 we decided to go to Skiathos and try out the Stefanos Ski School, and it's safe to say Stefanos Ski School is one of the main reasons our family visit the Island every single year, this year being our 12th! Stefanos himself being a fully qualified trainer and water skier offers the best advice and learning techniques for all ages to do this sport. My sons where 9 years old when they first started water skiing under the instruction of Stefanos, and within 3 years with just 2 weeks practise a year they where pretty much on the mono ski and quickly exciting the water better than I ever have! Not only does this Ski School offer complete professional training and boat usage for regular skiers and holiday makers but it also offers a huge range of water rides. This Ski School offers a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere and is perfect for families! All in all every year for the past 12 years we have thoroughly enjoyed our time with Stefanos and all those involved in it and will sure be returning next year

2  Thank makinson2

makinson family thank you for your comment.all the best for your family for 2016!!looking forward to see you in summer!!stefanos-jasmine

Reviewed December 4, 2014

my husband and I have visited skiathos every year for the last 9 years and all I can say is what fantastic service we have had from stefanos ! Excellent service and equipment! We have tried others on the island but all I can say is we wouldn't go back to the others as we where truly looked after so well !!! This guy is a true gentleman honest and cares that you enjoy your experience wether its hiring a boat or having a go at water sking !!! Excellent is as I have to say :)

1  Thank debbie g

debbie thank you for your comment.wish you,jonh and your family all the best for 2016 and looking forward to see you again in summer!!stefanos-jasmine

Reviewed December 4, 2014

You could not wish for a better experienced and professional Ski Instructor than Stefanos. Trained in the UK and certified by the British Waterski Federation and with years of teaching experience. Whether you are just starting out or already a seasoned waterski enthusiast you won't find a more friendly and helpful ski school on the sunny Island of Skiathos.
I can highly recommend from personal experience.. go try it, you won't be dissapointed

1  Thank Jerry B

jerry thaks a lot for your comment.wish you and your lovely family all the best for 2016!!we are waiting for you!!stefanos-jasmine

See more reviews
Reviewed December 4, 2014

Having attempted to water ski on holiday many years ago, I had resigned myself to the fact that it was impossible, for me anyway. I was therefore rather sceptical that years later I would be able to do it, however Stefanos was very confident and persuasive that he could teach me, so I tried again.

What I now realise, is that previously I had simply had a 'go' at water skiing with a what amounts to a 'man with a boat and a rope' on a holiday beach with no experience or equipment that would enable anyone to learn how to actually ski. The difference at Stefanos ski school is he is a qualified UK instructor who has the correct boat, knowledge and equipment to enable almost anyone to learn how to ski safely and correctly.

From learning to ski with Stefanos 5 years ago now, we now go to Skiathos every year for our Summer holiday. As a relatively late starter, I now love water skiing and am competent on a mono-ski, progressing relatively quickly from 2 skis to one, and loving the speed and exhilaration of slalom skiing under Stefanos's clear, concise and professional tuition.

Stefanos has also taught my three children how to ski, my youngest daughter first skiing on the line at only 5 years old! (Something my wife thought impossible) He is exceptionally patient, easy to understand, and very encouraging whether it's a child or adult trying to ski for the first time or competent mono skiers like myself looking to improve my technique and posture when turning and crossing the wake at speed.

In a nutshell, we have no hesitation at recommending Stefanos's ski school to everyone - he has taught myself and 3 children to enjoy the sport and continually improve. This introduction to water skiing has now given our Summer holidays a completely different dimension which I can’t thank him for enough. Thank you Stefanos, and keep up the good work!

PS: I forgot to mention, when we visited last year, Stefanos had has friend from London staying there who also happens to be the British Water Ski team coach - both him and Stefanos spent a lot of time with myself and family and we received a level of coaching that you simply couldn't pay for!

1  Thank Jed M

jed thank you for your comment.all the best to you and your lovely family for 2016!!looking forward to see you again in summer!!stefanos-jasmine