“A good but not special place to be”
Review of Mesogia Taverna

Mesogia Taverna
Ranked #45 of 144 Restaurants in Skiathos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Some local guy recommended this place to us. It is located on one of the little streets of the town,you feel you are somehow "narrowed" . The service was amiable and the food O.K.,the list of dishes big enough,nothing more. I would not go again ,which is my criterion of liking or not a place .

1  Thank Ada P

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Brilliant food, the feta ad mozzarella garlic bread was other worldly.
Pizza was brilliant - I had the No 13. with Gorgonzola and prosciutto.
Tables are well spaced and I guess I would describe the decor as eclectic.

1  Thank Jules H
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Food is really tasty and employees are really friendly.You will enjoy a night there and won't regret it at all

3  Thank Nikos T
Reviewed June 28, 2014

You can't do better than this lovely peaceful back street taverna. The food is awesome. The Veal Stiffado and grilled sardians are some of the best dishes I have eaten in Skiathos town. In June 2014 me and my friend stumbled across this delightful taverna by accident but we have been a regular visitors to Skiathos over the past few years. The owners are a couple, the husband is Greek and the wife is from South Africa and she serves an amazing pudding made from a traditional South African recipe and this was given as free after the main meal. This place is off Grigoriou E' street (take a left not far from Bob's bar and left again) but not easy to find but well worth the effort. It is a lovely setting in a quiet street and you sit under grape vines which stretch across the street.

1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Have been going to Skiathos for the last 8 years and this is still in the top 2 in my opinion! Our other favourite isn't on trip advisor so luckily will remain our secret favourite!!

Can't believe Mesogia is not higher in the rankings- guess that's no bad thing as less people know about this little gem!

We had awesome meatballs, moussaka, beef yiovetsi and soutzoukakia this time and was as lovely as ever. Greek food at its best..

Owner and his wife are fantastic always nice to see that they're still there and this lovely little taverna in the back streets still survives despite its hidden away location!

We look forward to many more return visits in future years!

1  Thank Marc_and_Carrie