“Rosemary & Geoff Clarke "excellent food, service and fun"”
Review of Archontiko

Archontiko
Ranked #81 of 144 Restaurants in Skiathos Town
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Bar restaurant
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We have visited Skiathos 14 times in the last 35 years and have eaten at many of the restaurants in the Old Port. However, this year we so enjoyed ourselves at Archontiko that we had breakfast there every morning and drinks/snacks in the evening. We were made to feel very welcome by Dimos and his staff, all of whom speak excellent English and therefore it was possible to have a good laugh and joke which made for a good atmosphere. We shall certainly be returning to Archontiko when we visit Skiathos again.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We started eating here in 2001 when Dimos father and mother were in charge. The food has always been excellent in fact one trip out of the 12 times we have been to Skiathos we ate there every night. We have alot of happy memories of Archontiko and have met many people who have worked there over the years, Greg, Stamatis, George, Costas, Little Dina who used to wash up, etc etc. And we will be back next year after a break of 2 years to eat again and watch champions league as long as man utd get there, and to have a drink with our friend Dinos. Well recommended, food, and friendly people.

1  Thank ChorleyCraftqueen
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I loved eating here. Miri is a fantastic greeter and was not 'pushy' at all. Food was fab and we could barely finish the pizza (This is a must try). Overall, a wonderful meals with a good variety (I'm a hard to please veggie) and to top it off, lovely views of the harbour. We will be trying to visit again soon :-)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Nice position in the old harbour, seating a bit crammed in.
People who came in who had been before seemed to be looked after a lot better.
Food is fair, reasonable portions, didn't like the way they allow people selling junk or playing music ie accordionist to come in freely wandering to each table pestering for cash.
It's a one off for me I wouldn't go again

1  Thank Rabbit-saddle
Reviewed August 15, 2013

And the reason is Miri. There are many offers to enjoy the culinary world of Skiathos. Miri's personality gets you right away. He has a wonderful disposition that is sincere and makes you feel comfortable, oh, and a perfect touch of humor.

We are on a cruise and are still enjoying his company after a few hours. (Writing this as we are indulging in the amazing food and cocktails)

So, on to the food and cocktails...my husband and I have traveled to Greece many times. We are food, and Greece lovers. We have a running 'thing' that makes us decide to return to dine again; I order a Greek salad, my partner in crime, a moussaka. Long story short, I wish we were here for the summer! The food is prepared as ordered and WOW! Amazing and not a long wait.

Without going on and on, if you have a chance to visit this gem, you will not be disappointed.