All reviews couple of nights pool area fantastic holiday lovely hotel town footpath island runway skopelos
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived on 15th May pool was empty, still repairing pool, no facilities at all, nothing here at all I mean nothing, no bar, no where to buy food or drinks coffee , tea etc , showers are cold water & beds well you just as well sleep on the floor ,we paid bed & breakfast we 2 pieces of bread,2 slices garlic ham, 2 slices of cheese ,1 sachet of jam & honey they run out of coffee every morning as its in large flask ,there’s no one on reception from 4 ish it’s terrible when we ask what’s going they we only opened Tuesday day before arrived this hotel is not ready I mean shouldn’t even be open , booked thru On the beach been here now 3 nights trying to get moved asap ,my wife & I, sister in law & brother in law ,don’t be fooled by the pictures like we have , I know us brits complain , but I should of taken notice of the reviews on here but open minded yes I know some people complain & some don’t , this has been the worst ever hotel I have stayed at ,Skiathos it’s self is a nice place had fantastic boat trip today enjoyed the town but hotel

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Could have been better!

First of all the towels and the bed sheets stayed the same for 3 days. Same thing with the toilet paper.. we started running out of it the second day and eventually we were necessarily taking bath after using the toilet.
We were asked to leave the room before 12pm as it’s used to.

I don’t recommend it!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank elena-dalak
Reviewed August 13, 2018

I'm baffled by some of the reviews about this hotel and staff, as for the 2 weeks we were there we were blessed with incredibly friendly staff, wonderful location, incredible food and total relaxation.
The staff were, without doubt, fantastic. Fay on reception was just fabulous, with a friendly smile and conversation. Nothing was too much trouble. Our cleaner was the most amazing and lovely lady. Panos (waiter / bar) was brilliant and very funny. The young girls waitressing each day were so helpful and friendly. Tassos the chef when we arrived was incredibly, and so accommodating to the fact I was coeliac and needed a gluten free diet. In fact, he was happy for us to request anything and he would make it for us. I think we had the best rabbit stifado possible! Even when there were a couple of kitchen issues beyond the hotel's control, they were so helpful and professional, sending us out to eat instead. Breakfast was serviceable, with breads, croissants, yoghurts, conserves and fruit, with a few days with cheese and ham, and even GF bread bought in for me.
It was our anniversary while we were there, and so as well as arranging a beautiful lunch for us, they also brought us a bottle of wine as a surprise. That was so touching, and showed how thoughtful and lovely they were.
The pool is very clean and towels are even provided for the guests to use by the pool. It's fairly quiet around the pool too, so sunbed war doesn't exist at the Stellina!
It's about 10-15 minutes from the town. There is a footpath all the way, some a little cracked, but safe enough unless you intend to jump in the road. There's also a back way we found that if you were concerned about children, this could be used instead.
We arranged transport but it's just minutes from the airport so personally I wouldn't bother with it next time and just get a taxi instead. Despite the fact it's only minutes from the runway, noise is minimal and actually standing in the carpark at the end of the runway watching planes coming in and out, so close to you, is a sight to behold! Take-offs are fab, as there are warning everywhere describing the danger of the blast, but then you see people standing on the wall, just metres behind the back of the plane, waiting to be blown off their feet!! Great for photos!
Lalaria is a great place to go (beach accessible only by boat) but check the wind conditions yourself as the boat owners will try to convince you it's safe when in fact even the smallest breeze can create some shocking conditions. We liked Tsougrias island better, with a stunning protected beach and the clearest water ever, Make sure you take your own snacks and water though. There are lots of boats offering trips to Skopelos and Alonnissos which is well worth it .
This was our first time to Skiathos and we couldn't have had a better time in this hotel. Superb! Thank you so much.

Room tip: Avoid room 301 and 201 as they are next to the lift with a bathroom window opening onto the corridor next to the lift.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2018

This was our first proper holiday for nearly 10 years and so we had high expectations (and hopes) that it would be a good one. We had booked 'express' transfer from Skiathos airport and were surprised to find we had a whole coach to our selves for the 2 minute journey to Hotel Stellina. On arrival the young lady on reception was very friendly and helpful; and we were booked in very quickly. We had booked a 'superior room' with a sea view and found the ground floor room very clean and spacious with a lovely view of the pool, but no sea view. In the event we didn't care about this as everything else was fine.

Most days the (very clean) pool was almost deserted and sometimes we had it to ourselves. The staff in little pool bar were again friendly and helpful. Breakfast was the same very morning with very little choice, but it was good and all we really needed to set us up for the day. One small thing about the pool area was the music being played, it was perhaps a little too loud during the daytime when trying to relax, but the same songs were played over and over again! Please get some new CDs!

The walk into Skiathos town could be a little difficulty due to the small and in places , no footpaths but we discovered a second route which was shaded and very quiet, coming home we used the taxis.

All in all a lovely hotel and other than on our last couple of nights when we were woken up in the early hours by some young people returning from their night out who were shouting, slamming doors and running around we really enjoyed our stay.

Room tip: "Superior" and ground floor
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank steven b
Reviewed August 5, 2018

I paid for transport and accommodation for 6 nights with breakfast 99 €. I did not expect to be accommodated in such a beautiful hotel. Breakfast is the same every morning, coffee , juice, butter, yoghurt,cheese, honey, ham.Friendly staff, and the lady on reception, advised me what to visit. Recommend!!! I'm attaching pictures.

Room tip: beautiful, cheap, clean
Date of stay: May 2018