“A mixed bag”
Review of Aegean Suites

Aegean Suites
Reviewed July 19, 2005

I have just returned from the Aegean suites and had to write in. The day before I left I read a review that filled me with dread after having spent the best part of £3000. I didn't tell my wife about this until after we got there.
On arrival we found the place to be very luxurious indeed with a lovely reception area, where we spent all of ten minuets in two weeks and a great looking pool side area.

The room however was not in my opinion luxury. The view was as good as any I have seen and the living area was faultless. The bedroom was no more than three star, very basic furniture. The bathroom was a joke, a bath with a shower attachment that you had to battle with the temperature and very tight and very not luxury.
Around the hotel we noticed that things were not being replaced or fixed and considering how new the place was it was showing signs of age. The pool side furniture was very tired and the parasol's were cheap and broken.

The staff on the other hand were the real thing, just what you would expect for the price. The restaurant was very nice. Only a few tables and great service. I never looked at the price. There is no other restaurant, I was sold two but never saw the second.

On the whole I had a lovely time but had the feeling I had been ripped off. Had we spent the same money in America or Asia we would have been in what I call luxury. All I can say is this is the Greek equivalence of luxury and should be priced accordingly.

Stayed: July 2005
12  Thank gjamesrock

Reviewed July 12, 2005

We've just returned from our honeymoon after staying at this hotel. We did have a really lovely holiday, but this hotel is very overpriced. It just doesn't offer the 'luxury' they charge you for (almosy £3000 for 2 weeks).

The hotel reception area and pool side are all very nice, but the rooms are basic. We even had to complain because our suite was damp due to a leaking overhead water tank. In fact it flooded our bathroom floor and we couldn't access our apartment for a day whilst repairs were carried out.

We obviously didn't bag the honeymoon suite, as we spied a hot tub on one of the apartment balconies! It seems very unfair that at least one guest will have access to a private hot tub, whilst all the others have to make do with the pool area (if they can bag a sun lounger as there are not enough for all the guests staying).

Yes, the staff seem to be friendly enough, but we were short changed at the bar on a few occasions.

We didn't eat at the hotel as we were advised by others that the food was overpriced and the restaurant area seriously lacked atmosphere. We sourced plenty of really good eating places anyway (1901, Infinity Blue, Calypso and many more).

If you're looking for a nice hotel and you have money to burn then this could be the place for you. However I truly believe that this hotel is really overrated and you could stay in a similar quality hotel at a fraction of the price.

Also, be warned, they will leave a bottle of champagne and some snacks in your room on your arrival, but will charge you hefty prices if you consume any of it!

All in all we had a nice stay, although the fact our holiday was so great was due to the fact that we were on a loved up honeymoon - i.e. we'd have had just as good a time in a reasonable priced 3* hotel on the island and we could have saved ourself alot of money too!

13  Thank IceColdCube
N.York, N.York
Reviewed July 11, 2005

We loved our stay in Aegean Suites Hotel. Thanks to all the staff !!!!

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2005

I'm not sure how this hotel is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World. It really is very average. The staff were friendly, but why shouldn't they be? We paid 285 euros a night for room 306, a "suite", nice 180 degree view of the sea, and the room was clean, but luxurious no. Even at half the price it would still be too expensive. The towels by the pool are threadbare and very old, and the sunshades very tatty, some badly repaired with brown glue, 2 broke when we put them up. The breakfast was very average too. The pool has the main road running past it, at a lower level but still very audible.
After a few raised eyebrows we were given a room to change in on our last day as our flight was in the evening, it was dark, pokey and smelt badly of damp, due I would think to there being no ventilation in the bathroom. I imagine all the regular rooms are like this and believe me, you will not want to stay in one of them, unless you are used to staying in an English holiday camp. At these prices I couldn't recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: July 2005
11  Thank COOMBSY
New Jersey
Reviewed July 1, 2005

What really impressed me was the great hospitality that I received and the quality of service that was provided! It is worth to visit such lovely places where you can relax and enjoy that great view every single morning from your room! A great hotel on a beautiful island!

UK
Reviewed June 27, 2005

San Francisco
Reviewed June 27, 2005

We had a wonderful stay! With no doubt a trip to remember. The most memorable part was the staff that from the minute we arrived until the minute we left treated us as if we were the only guests in the house. They made us feel really welcomed. We were given a realm of information on what to do and how to go about it and no request was unfulfilled. They know everything about anything in Skiathos. Ask the Reception! Aris and Nataly! Both friendly and professionals. I would recommend Aegean Suites with no second thought

Also consider these accommodations in or near Skiathos Town
Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA
La Piscine Art Hotel
La Piscine Art Hotel
#2 of 84 in Skiathos

Been to Aegean Suites? Share your experiences!