“Beautiful Taverna Anatoli” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taverna Anatoli

Taverna Anatoli
Ranked #68 of 131 Restaurants in Skiathos Town
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Derby, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Taverna Anatoli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were recommended by the car hire company to try Anatoli and on one of our trips out we found it and enjoyed a drink at lunchtime, after a beautiful hot walk to the cape. We did however decide to return for an evening meal and I am so glad we did, even though we were staying in Troulos. The hospitality shown by the lady owner was second to none. I have major challenges with food yet achieved amazing heights for me at Anatoli. I mention this as it is huge for me to trust what I will be given as ok to try and tend to stick to what I know, ie greek salad!!! However, the beautiful lady owner explained that her father had caught the fish in the morning and that the mixed fish dish was a speciality. She also recommended the prawns in sesame as a starter. I was compelled to give it a go, and without hesitation I took the plunge. This is the first time I have felt able to just 'go with it' from someone else's recommendation like this in decades. I cannot stress enough how huge this is for me to take this plunge and says a lot about the whole ambience of Anatoli and it's owners. The whole 'family' team were a total delight, leaving us to enjoy our meal in the beautiful surroundings as the sun went down. They also cooked the fresh vegetables to perfection......and made a fabulous mixed salad at my request. We both felt this had been the best meal we had eaten all week and in the most stunning setting.
I hope to return to Skiathos as I truly loved the island and I will without a doubt return to Anatoli.
There are many many restaurants to choose from but if you are looking for an authentic greek taverna run by a greek family then this restaurant is definitely worth a little trip out too. Even without a vehicle I would imagine it is not pricey for a taxi from Skiathos town and worth the adventure. The price of the whole meal was no more than the other meals we had during the week but in my mind worth twice the price!!! It came to approximately £15.00 per head. Enjoy your time there and soak in the atmosphere and taste the delights...... :-)

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank sophieann46

• Greek first
Yorkshire
“Special Greek experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Holy, Moly, Anatoli !
Mmmmmmm ! The best food ever in Skiathos this year !
Returned after a wonderful experience last year & were not disappointed.
Sesame Prawns, as recommended - divine, added to a Meze starter between us, just fabulous.
Had a variety of mains - meatballs, moussaka, risotto, all amazing.
Served professionally yet friendly.
With wine & drinks the bill was also the best ever - 20 Euros a head including complimentary desserts!
The most fantastic setting with views over to to Skopelos.
If you aren't hiring a car I'm sure the taxi fare would be more than worth it.

• Visited July 2012
Leicester
“A Greek Taverna as it should be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Off the beaten track a bit away from the town but very popular with the locals and ex pats living in Skiathos.Taken to this taverna twice by friends who now live in the area.We chose Anatoli for our final nights meal so that should say something in itself. The food served here is unique both in quality and authenticity.It is just a lovely place to eat where you feel part of the family who own it. Every dish served is special and unlike a lot of the tourist food served in many of the popular resort front tavernas.We love this taverna and the people who are involved in making everynight just that bit special. Try the fish dishes which change daily depending on which fish are caught by the owners father and what mother decides to cook that day. This place is a real classic.Give yourself a treat and try this taverna but do it early in your stay because you will want to return as we do right now. Yamos

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank JBG1
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“The very best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

This taverna is little known but it's the very best in Skiathos
I am a UK resident but have had a villa here for the past 14 years and this taverna has the freshest fish and seafood caught that day by the owners father and cooked just as you want it. The salads and meat dishes are fantastic too. You will find this amazing taverna to up towards the Evanglistra monastery. It is signposted and about one and a half kilometres from the town. Try it, you will not be disappointed. As a bonus it is very reasonably priced.

• Visited June 2012
Rugby, United Kingdom
“You don't get more authentic than this Taverna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

The Taverna Anatoli is exactly how you hope a classic Greek Taverna would be - a spacious, atmospheric outdoor terrace, shaded with trees and a great view of the sea.
The menu is traditional with plenty of choice and the food, served in generous portions, was good quality and tasted really fresh.

Prices were really reasonable and the serice was attentive and unhurried. Many locals were dining here and the few tourists seemed to enjoy having found a Taverna that maintained a charming local feel.
Taverna Anatoli, is a short drive from Skiathos Town. Turn left off the ring road following signs to Evangelistra Monastery. Keep straight on this road for 2 kilometres, ignoring the turn left for the monastery, and you will find the taverna on your left hand side (opposite a bus stop) in the area known as Kalivia.

• Visited September 2011