All reviews cheap and cheerful holiday roll of toilet paper pool bar sufficient facilities self catering booking taxis ring road close to town sun all day drinks and snacks typical greek rooms are small this lovely island rooms were cleaned every day patio doors returning next year ten minute walk
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2018

Had a wonderful holiday here this year.We were greeted by Elsa and her husband and they couldn't do enough for all 6 of us. One afternoon she made us all a meze and gave us ouzo all home made it was beautiful. The gardens are well looked after by her father. We have just booked to return next year.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 30, 2018

The owners were very pleasant and helpful. The hotel is situated outside of the old town
but easily accessible by public bus which, by the way, will also take you to a couple of beaches. The grounds are well kept and there is a small swimming with lounges, pool bar and an area where you can purchase snacks and sandwiches. Each room has a small porch or balcony with a table, two chairs , and a drying rack for towels , bathing suits etc.
At the back of the main building are arcade like corridors connecting the rooms, with seating for reading in the shade. Rooms are small and spartan. Two beds with rather hard mattresses, nightstands and a small vanity with 1 stool. The bathrooms were in need of a thorough cleaning. (I saw four,and only 2 of them looked somewhat ok) All bedrooms however looked clean and the sheets and towels snow white.
The kitchenettes could use a sprucing up. Mismatched dishes and utensils along with coffeemaker and toaster that had seen much better days were anything but inviting.
We had chosen the hotel breakfast rather than the self catering option. It consisted of coffee with milk and sugar , no other choice or refills offered, bread, a slice of cheese, a slice of mortadella like cold cut, a boiled egg, butter and jam. All served poolside with little shade.
I honestly don't think I would go back in the present condition.However the negative sides could be easily remedied with additional housekeeping staff, matching dishes etc and more umbrellas for the breakfast area. Give your guests a choice of beverage for breakfast and I am sure you would have many 5 star ratings

Room tip: Rooms in the main building have shaded outside corridors with seating for reading, drinking coffee etc
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2018

We arrived at the Elsa Hotel which is on the main road with a garage to one side and an industrial metal work building to the other; on first sight this would appear to be a drawback but on entering the hotel grounds it was far from it. The hotel is set in lovely private grounds with a swimming pool comfortable sun loungers and is really very pretty and although you are on a main road it is still quite peaceful around the pool. There is a well stocked bar and some very tasty food and all at very reasonable prices.

Our bedroom and balcony were an adequite size with aircon and a safe in the room, there is however a charge for their usage. We found the beds uncomfortable but that was due to my wife and I having back problems; we find the beds uncomfortable where ever we stay. The bin in the bathroom was emptied everyday, however we thought the bathroom could have been cleaned to a higher standard.

It is only a 10 min walk to the centre of Skiathos Town with numerous shops, bars and restaurants so the position of the hotel is good. We booked this Hotel as it was reasonably priced and we were not disappointed.

Lastly but certainly not least Elsa and her husband are lovely people and very kind, they made us so welcome we would now call them friends and we would definitely stay again; highly recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank matthewl629
Reviewed August 8, 2018

The owners and star where great and I would go back there,could I just leave a tip,you need to get a extra cleaner it’s to much work for one very nice lady.It would be nice if you could change the towels and bedding more than once a week,but overall like I said before I would stop there again.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

This is the 2nd time in 2 years we've stayed here. Elsa is a great hostess.Nothing is to much trouble. Great location for Supermarkets and only a 20 min walk to old harbor. But you have to remember this is equivalent to a UK 2 star. You only get 1 roll of toilet paper a week. Rooms are clean. Bathrooms could do with a DEEP clean. and also the pool beds could do with a bit of TLC. If I go next year (which I hope too) I will take a set of allen keys to tighten the screws up)

Room tip: first floor rooms have better views
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple