“Loved it!”

Taverna Polikratis-Agorastos
Ranked #16 of 160 Restaurants in Skiathos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Polikratis and Agorastos cook Greek Traditional food and politiki cuisine. #freshfish #barbeque #moussaka #kebab
Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

I ate here 3 times over a week! Dining alone can be daunting sometimes but the staff here made my experience enjoyable.
So, in 3 visits the restaurant was extremely busy, full and also quiet. Each time the staff were friendly & attentive, they also never plonked me in the middle on my own, sitting me at the bar until an outside table was free.
First visit I had langoustine moussaka, lovely & cheesy. Then, kid in the oven (obvs goat), succulent meat & well seasoned. It was so busy that they sat me at the bar whilst I waited for a table. One of the best things about this place is the great quality bottled wine served by the glass! I had the red with the lady on the bottle, served cold.
Second visit. Their take on saganaki, thinly sliced fried potatoes (like crisps!) caramelised onions, cheese, topped with caviar. Then seabass which was lovely.
Third visit on my last night. I had really wanted pudding last time so I went for 2 starters, langoustine moussaka again followed by fresh mussels. Pudding was chocolate praline, with hazelnuts & pistachios. Icy cold & lovely. I had the house white this time, by the glass.
If you visited here when it was polykratis before, give it a go. However, it is not a chips & rice place anymore it has interesting & different dishes which are worth a try rather than complaining about the change & asking for chips & rice anyway!
Sent my parents there who arrived as I left & they too love it!

Reviewed July 18, 2017

This used to be called polycratis ...its been modernized and looked good, its was pretty quiet on our visit there with only a few tables taken so we had a waiter each... The food was really very good , If you like to eat huge amounts this seemed to be the place to come to .... we couldn't eat half of the food but what we did eat was superb , better to get good food and leave what you cant eat than to leave hungry, i think

Chef t, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Taverna Polikratis-Agorastos, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Thank you so much!

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

First visit to this new restaurant and was pleasantly surprised! The lentil halloumi salad is amazing - highly recommend! We even managed to feed my vegan friend very easily! Service was great too

1  Thank allibandks
Chef t, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Taverna Polikratis-Agorastos, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Thank you so much!

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Visited here this evening and was looking forward to trying a new restaurant. Decor is lovely and fresh bread, olives and great wine were a good start to the night. Hubbies fish soup arrived and was lovely - my starter didn't arrive for another ten minutes. Waited them for about fifteen minutes for the plates to be cleared. The waiters turned up with the main courses and just moved out starter plates to the side rather than removing them. Food was ok but not great and at the prices charged were certainly not Borzoi standard.
Twenty minutes after we finished our meal we managed to attract and waiters attention to get the bill. Plates from starters and mains still on the table as we left. Doesn't make for a very relaxing evening when leftover food is piled up around you.
Visit skiathos every year but won't be rushing back to this restaurant.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

Re-visited this restaurant after a 10 year gap .The restaurant has become very modern , not what we remembered at all . The senior waiter or Manager ? who served us assured us that it was still owned by the same person . The food was of the same standard ( delicous ) , the only fault that we could find was the price of the wine . The price of our meals was fairly standard for Skiathos but the wine was really far too expensive .at 24 Euro's , when we had been more than happy to drink the local house wine at 10 Ero's for a litre . This expensive wine may have been the reason that there were only 2 tables occupied whilst we were there ( we were 1 table ) .I suggest that it would be a good idea to offer less expensive wine as well as the higher priced variety.

Thank you VERY much!