“What gem of a place”
Review of Villa Angela

Villa Angela
Ranked #12 of 57 Skiathos Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Although we did not stay this year we did call in to see Giovanni & pasquali. What great food they do here and the whole family are so freindly and you can get very good history lessons too. Billy & (be carefull how you say it) Cranky are 2 great little dogs. Giovanni is a great chef and loves cooking for you. This is a great place to stay, we used to sit around the pool in the the mornings and down too Asilonis beach for the rest of the day (200m)

Room Tip: Rooms above Resturuant
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank eristoseric

Reviewed September 28, 2012

5 years ago my hasbend( then he was my boyfriend) had the best vacation ever. Since than we dream to come back. Next week we' ll make that dream come true. The wonderful family , the fantastick food and the beautiful garden made it so great.
Can't wait to get back!!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Orrrrrrr
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Beautiful, comfortable, friendly, tasty! We just stopped for a sec to ask where the beach is. And we spent 2 days in this beautiful, comfortable place, with a very friendly owners and fantastic tasty Greek and Italian foods and wines!
What really impresses in the rooms is: everything made in ideal way. It is not just clean, it is hand made, very accurate made and it is filled by very warm and home full atmosphere. The house is surrounded by garden; grape twists the bar and the eating room (terrace) roofs.
Even if you stay in some other hotel, we advice to have the dinners there. We ate every day (during 14 days) in different places, and the 2 dinners in Villa Angela were the best ones.
Irena, Alexander
Moscow

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Irena142
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I don't usually write reviews but really felt this place worthy as it truly is a hidden paradise. We stayed for 2 weeks and could not have been made to feel more welcome and looked after.

We have been to Skiathos 5 times before but always done the package thing and stayed in places along the main road but on a walk up to Aselinos beach one day last year when we stayed in Troulos we happened across Villa Angela just a short walk before the beach and the sign said pool bar, taverna and pool - all welcome. So we went in thinking a nice drink would be a good idea before carrying onto the beach. OMG what a pretty place and I was made up when greated by the resident daft dog Billy wagging it's tail and encouraging us to "follow me, I know the way....".

We never made it to the beach! Such was the peace, tranquility and friendly banter with Pasquale and his mum and dad. We even booked a table to come back in the evening and had the sweetest tasting seabass we ever had.

More visits and meals throughout our holiday prompted us to enquire about staying there this year and we were so pleased we did. Breaking from the normal package deal and arranging flights ourselves was actually fun and quite liberating. Pasquale even collected us from the airport!!

This time when we arrived 2 waggy tails greated us! In addition to Billy, a new pup called Crank (obviously under training by Billy) enthusiastically scampered over to and had us in stitches with his puppy ways and utter devotion to his mentor Billy.

The room had the most beautiful view over the valley and I have never seen such an abundance of flora in my life! Hydrangeas to rival any Mr Titchmarsh could grow!!

We had the best holiday ever and guess what..... we are going back this September!!

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank Fetafanatic
Reviewed July 14, 2012

It is very difficult to add more than the reviews so far. This lovely place hidden away really does not get the credit it deserves. It has an international family flavour, the food is to die for and the friendly family serviceis exceptional. I sat with the father Giovanni who is Italian and watched England v Italy, the atmosphere was so good even when we lost. We would recomend any body tries it especially for the food, If you want something special give them a call first and they will prepare it for you. The food ranks some of the very best on the island.
many thanks to you all and Pasquale always a pleasure a really nice young man..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BaronYorkUK
Reviewed May 21, 2012

For those of you with a sense of adventure, next time you are in Skiathos seek out Aselinos. It's a little off the beaten track, but well worth the walk, just 3 KM from the main drag from bus stop 18. Enter the forest and you will sense an immediate change in atmosphere and pace and you will feel like you are a million miles away from the tourist trap, full english brekkies and sky sports.
My first experience was amazing. I was astounded at the sheer intensity of birdsong and the aromas from the extensive range of wild flowers, chammomile, jasmin, poppies fringing the headge row. An array of colour which softened the edges of the natural landscape and became more intoxicating with every step. I was heading for Aselinos beach which I'd been advised was well worth a visit but en route I happened upon a little villa, set back in it's own grounds and was blown away with it's uniqueness and its beauty.

I stopped for coffee and had the best cappucino on the Island, in a setting that was so tranquil and picturesque I wanted to stay there all day.

Villa Angela is owned by an eldery couple, Giovanni from Italy and his beautiful Greek wife, Angela. Both were out tending the expansive gardens when I arrived, but they promptly downed tools and came out to greet me.

I ordered Greek salad and was tickled pink to see Giovanni toddle off with his trwel and return with all the ingredients fresh from his allotments. All natural produce tended to with his own fair hands, it doesn't come fresher than that. It tasted amazing.

Complimentary strawberries were placed before me as dessert, again fresh from the garden. Angela sat by me and prepared them before me with a twist of fresh mint. They were delicious.

I was mesmerised by the place as their son, Pasquale took me for a tour and showed me the grounds. The constant tinkle of goat bells put Mke Oldfield to shame and as I took in the view from one of the upstairs appartments I saw the natural herd, grazing freely on a backdrop of mountains carpeted in greenery.

The rooms are immaculate, each with their own character and style with private balconies and incredibly scenic views of the mountains.

There's a taverna where Giovanni cooks a unique blend of Italian, Greek and German cuisine. It all smells amazing. I popped back for his special pizzas at every oppirtunity, his sea-food concoction being my absolute favourite.

In the grounds there is a large swimming pool surrounded by flowers and a pool bar serving snacks and drinks where excellent music is played for every taste imaginable. There' s wifi available too.

It is just so spacious and chilled and once you are there it is hard to leave as it is so peacful and easy on the eye.

The hospitality is wonderful, laid back, friendly and extremely warm.

I made it to the beach, a mere 200m away which was large and sandy and fabulous for swimming. It too had a natural feel to it with a rugged and untouched landscape and a distinct lack of commercialism, though I walked back via Villa Angela to sample souvlakki fresh from the grill and cool draught beer before my lazy and fulfilling meander back through the woods and down the hill to Troulos, one of the more populated resorts where I was staying.

The downside to Villa Angela is that it is a good half hour walk to the nearest bus stop and realistically, transport is needed, for for all the walk is extremely scenic and relaxing it is not very practical in the dark.

So having holiday'd in Skiathos for the last 12 summers, I am adamant that I will find a cheap flight and book direct with Pasquale who has offered even to pre book me a car. No more package deals for me. The entire island is amazingly picturesque, the folk are all friendly and the cuisine is good, but Villa Angela is in a league of its own. I can't believe it has taken me so long to discover it.

Room Tip: book direct at www.villaangela.gr, speak to Pasquale and explain your needs he will help you with ev...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank ShirleyStone
Reviewed May 17, 2012

On a dreamy location, with the friendliest staff and the most exceptional Greek and Italian gastronomy that you could wish for, Villa Angela is for the visitors a ''see you next year'' point!
We all know Skiathos, the princess of Aegean. An island that combines natural beauty and party for the ones who are in to it.
Rent a scooter, discover every day a different sandy beach, and enjoy a cool candle-light dinner and a cocktail on the pool bar, if you want to make it our way. But if you are more of a party person all is possible in Skiathos nights, and days given the famous beach parties that take place every day!
For us Villa Angela is the Gate of Summer! Once you cross the gate, you can enjoy all you have worked for during the winter. Our "happy place" where we go with our imagination when we need motivation to make it through a hard working day. And all these with a fair trade for your money.
So my dear friends, see you next year!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the new-built part over the restaurant with view to the pool and the east side of t...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple