“Goldie Hawn not there this time.”
Review of Taverna Selini

Taverna Selini
Ranked #39 of 160 Restaurants in Skiathos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2017

In 2008 we dined here and throughout I heard an American couple chatting and enjoying their evening behind me. Just as we were leaving my wife said fancy GH and husband being there! You could have told me , said I. You would only have spoiled their evening by being all star struck she said.
Anyway we went again last week and enjoyed again the fantastic views of the old port. The Mezes starter saved us having to decide between the individual offerings and the whole grileed sea breams were cooked to perfection. Baclava finish of course. A very nice evening here.

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

Went to this taverna having spotted in the previous evening and been charmed by the English owner. However when we returned she wasn't nearly as charming and we should have seen this as a sign to hi elsewhere.

It's located in the charming old town and has great views from its terraces.

Menu was ok, as was the food when served ( we all had the fresh fish). However they didn't have any wines listed in the menu - only house white, which was well chilled, but not the best.

Maybe it was the end of the season, hence limited wines, and unengaged staff, but there are better places to spend your evening

Also they don't take credit cards.

Great view but ......

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Good traditional Greek food, friendly staff, great view. This is the first place I have found offering a Mezze as a starter for one person and, although I didn't have it this time, I will go back. This time I had the best Aubergine dip I have tasted and a fabulous Kleftico. Instead of the usual melon pieces, they brought me a dollop of Greek yoghurt drizzled with honey - divine. The house wine was good too. All in €22.50 - excellent value!!

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic view from the front tables and the grilled prawns and house wine were pretty good! On the edge of the old town so quiet, away from the mayhem below!

Reviewed August 24, 2017

We visited this restaurant, completely by chance one lunchtime, having seen only one other table occupied we were a bit dubious as whether to eat there.
we needn't have worried! the view was probably the best you could hope for in the town and the food was wholesome and very reasonably priced. The house white wine was also nicely chilled and of good quality.
My advice would be to try this underused establishment and take advantage of a spectacular view and friendly service, whilst not blowing the budget.