“I've never eaten so 'evil in Greece” 1 of 5 bubbles

Taverna Amenos
Ranked #113 of 131 Restaurants in Skiathos Town
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Chester, United Kingdom
“I've never eaten so 'evil in Greece”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

One of the previous reviews of this restuarant translates as "I've never eaten so evil in Greece...". I wish I had read this review before we went to Amenos. The food was not just poor quality, it was badly cooked with one of the chicken starters still raw. Both my wife and myself gave up eating the main course and both suffered severe food poisening the day after, which three days later we are only just getting over. The restaurant probably has one of the best views of the harbour area in Skiathos Town but this is at the cost of an abundance of insects flying and crawling around the restaurant. During the meal a waiter had to come and pour hot water onto an ants nest that was emerging under the table next to us. I could go on but my advice is simply to avoid at all costs, there are many other taverna in Skiathos where the experience will be many times better.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank d_k_york

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely view, fab food and excellent and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

We were originally planning to go to the Taverna Sellini for lunch, however it was closed. So we decided to try out Taverna Anemos. I dont think we can find fault with any part of the meal. Our host was friendly and provided personal service (he even took photos of us and the amazing view), the view was stunning and the food was fresh and lovely.

On the recommendations of our host, we had a lovely greek salad to start - and what we liked is that we were able to dress it as we like with olive oil etc. We had grilled sea bream that came with potatoes and vegetables and some house white to wash it down. Dessert was complimentary baklava.

We had such a lovely afternoon and I would recommend Taverna Anemos over the 'higher rated' places. It was also lovely to sit above the town and port and enjoy the view, and not feel like another tourist eating so-so food in an over hyped place.

We hope to go back before we leave!

1 Thank blackheath_kiwi
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

This restaurant ticks all the boxes, very friendly, fantastic view, fantastic food & wine and lovely and quaint. We ate here one lunch time and then visited it again on our last night and it was really really nice.

1 Thank SuzanneGDerbyshire
london
“Anemos - charming restaurant with a great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

The restaurant is actually called Anemos and has a wonderful position high on the hillside overlooking the old Harbour with views across to the Bourtzi - head up the steps past the Rock n Roll Bar and left out of the Square at the top (past Stamatis and a couple of other restaurants), follow the street past the Chinese and it's twenty yards up on your left.

A typically warm greek welcome and traditional menu awaits. The food is fresh and well cooked and presented - I'd recommend the mixed meze starter. Service is very good, as it is a family run affair and the bill very reasonable. Recommended.

1 Thank salop
Bristol, England
“Authentic good affordable Greek cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2009

Apart from the expensive Windmill, this taverna served the best food I found in Skiathos Town.

• 4 of 5 bubbles