“Love the place!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skiathos Town
Taxiarchis Apartments
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Skiathos Town
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Just returned from our 5th consecutive stay here and it just gets better every time. We've had a brilliant time meeting lots of "regulars" and also new people who have stayed here. The hosts, Taxiarchis, Elenh, Rania, Panos and Stavros made us feel at home, as usual, and nothing was too much trouble for them. They all work really hard to ensure that our holiday feels special and welcome everyone old and new. It's a reasonably priced apartment complex with everything you need - if you want an all frills holiday then you need to dig deep and stay elsewhere for what the taxiarchis apartment lacks in 5* exclusive rooms - it more than makes up for it in the warmth of the family and their hospitality and let's face it - you don't go to this beautiful island to spend all the time in your accommodation do you?? Well worth the stay I say!!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 & 2 are downstairs at the front at are quite dark.
1  Thank katyjug

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just returned from our 3rd consecutive holiday here
No doubt we will be back next year
We noticed many others returning the same week as us
Good friendly atmosphere but a little cliquish, perhaps we need do a couple of more years to be truly accepted in the club, it could be us by the same rule, let’s say it’s a work in progress we will make much more effort next year.
For us this is an prime location just outside Skiathos town so most evenings we can walk down to enjoy the sophisticated Greek nightlife.
For the daytime there are a few beaches within walking distance, ideal for us lazy bones who don’t stay too far
lunches are big and tasty so watch out for that waistline
The rooms here are of good size and comfortable great base for memorable holiday

2  Thank russellh731
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Taxiarchis Apartments are at the top of Skiathios Town and their location is the best part of this complex. I have read many reviews about the owners and how well they treat their customers around the pool and in the bar and to be fair we did not use this part of the hotel as we were out in Skiathos town every night and the location of the apartments made this easy. The room facilities were appalling. The main bedroom (we had room number 4) had not been painted for some time and had not been cleaned properly when we arrived but we could have lived with as we have holidayed in Greece for the past 30 years so this is Greece but the bathroom was quite disgusting and a disgrace, smelly, broken and rusty sink, loose tiles, the shower was filthy with the shower head being covered in mould and the flow of water out of this shower unit was so poor I needed to heat up pans of hot water to rinse the shampoo out of my wife's hair. We booked this through Olympic Holidays and we can see that Olympic are not using this complex in their 2014 brochure and I can understand why. I would also recommend Olympic send someone into room 4 and the other rooms and ask themselves would they ask their reps to use the bathroom facilities. I suspect not ! and remember this is the start of the 2013 holiday season.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank CranleighChatter
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just returned from our 2nd stay at Taxiarchis and are 8th stay on Skiathos. I heartily recommend the Taxiarchis if you want to stay in town and are not wanting all the bells and whistles of luxury accommodation. Taxi and his family are great hosts with nothing being any trouble. The barbacue nights are a must. I have stayed at higher rated properties (Skiathos Princess included) and for value for money would stay at the Taxiarchis.

Room Tip: We have stayed in rooms 5 & 6, both at the back on the 1st level. Both good rooms because they d...
2  Thank DarrenHill
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just back from our stay @ the Taxiachis in Skiathos Town... Perfectly situated, close to the town and to bus stop 4. This accommodation is very basic but has all you need as a base for your holiday. The room we stayed in was quite dark, the beds were hard and the pillow was like sleeping on cardboard... (The only downside) The room was clean and the towels were fresh and of good quality. The courtyard outside our room was absolutely lovely and we enjoyed a G&T every night before heading into town. The bar at the Taxiarchis was excellent too. On our last morning we had a cooked breakfast at the Taxiarchis and it was just wonderful. We would not hesitate to stay there again. Our holiday was just perfect and the island of Skiathos is by far the best island we have ever visited and my husband and I have been going to Greece for the last 28 years... We just love Skiathos!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have just returned from my first ever Greek holiday and it was also the first time I have travelled solo.
I had a wonderful holiday.
I chose Taxiarchis from the comments I had read here on Trip Adviser and I am glad I made this choice. The apartments themselves are very clean - basic but had all I needed. The family are lovely - extremely welcoming and helpful. I think I was the only guest who wasn't a "repeater."
The location is excellent - as is the value for money.
I have no hesitation in recommending these apartments. I will certainly return!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dawn2011
Reviewed September 16, 2012

it was our 7th time in Skiathos although our first time at the Taxiarchis, we really enjoyed our stay and can not speak highly enough of the family. Helen, Taxi and Rania made us feel at home from arrival to leaving. The barbecue night was great with wonderful food and only 12 euro each. We just felt bad because we didn't spend too much time at the studios, we like to visit the beaches around the island and were out most days and then out in town for a meal not returning until the early hours. We have stayed at the Skiathos Princess and La Piscine and although they may have better room accommodation, for the time we stay in the rooms they were clean and tidy. We (room 5) had a double bed, the only thing you have to get used to is the shower over the toilet area, however if you have stayed in greece before this should not be a shock.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
#13 of 13 in Skiathos Town
Angeliki Beach Hotel
Angeliki Beach Hotel
#1 of 2 in Megali Ammos

Been to Taxiarchis Apartments? Share your experiences!