“Absolutely fantastic hotel and can't wait to return next Summer!”
Review of Hotel Aria

and 1 more site!
Hotel Aria
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic hotel and can't wait to return next Summer!”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed at the Aria Hotel, Skiathos for 10 nights in July 2011. We booked through hotels4u.co.uk and found the price to be very reasonable. We stayed at the Kassandra Bay hotel in 2010 which we really enjoyed but the pool prices seemed quite steep and considering it was a taxi ride to the main town, we wanted somewhere closer and walking distance. As soon as we arrived at the Aria hotel, we were welcomed by the friendly owners who showed us to our room. We were very lucky and given a sea-view double room on the same floor as reception. The room was fairly basic (being Greece), but extremely clean, modern and was perfect for us! There was a spacious bathroom, fridge, double bed, and sea-view balcony with table and chairs. We were extremely pleased. The pool is very well-kept with comfortable sun-loungers (not the cheap ones!) and tables around the pool area for lunches and drinks. We spent a lot of time at the pool as even being in peak season, it was fairly quiet, never more than 4/5 couples at the same time. The girl who looked after the pool bar couldn't do enough for you! Pool prices for drinks and food was extremely reasonable and we found ourselves relaxing almost immediately! The walk into town is approximately 5-10 minutes, a lovely down-hill stroll. The Megali Ammos Beach is literally 2 minutes down a track next to the hotel where lots of sun-beds and many restaurants/bars can be found. This hotel also has a restaurant upstairs on the terrace with the most spectacular views of Megali Ammos and the Aegean sea! Very romantic and relaxing with fantastic food at fantastic prices! The restaurant is run by a man called Stefanos, who is by far the most fantastic host we have come across. If you are staying at the Aria, be sure to try out this restaurant and go for the lobster spaghetti...simply delicious! We are a couple in our late 20's, and I would say this hotel is suitable for any age-group, families, and couples of all ages. We will be sure to return to Skiathos next Summer 2012 and there is no other hotel we will be staying. Thanks to Nicole and her family for making our holiday truly memorable!!!

5 Thank Carly L

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I come from Greece and that was the second time I visited Skiathos.Me & my boyfriend have stayed at Aria Hotel for 6 days.It was undoubtedly a horrible experience.
The first room that the staff offered us was at the bottom of th hotel and we had a view to the stairs...!!We asked for a better room and we paid 50E per day in order to have a sea-view room.I don't have to mention the poor breakfast(no buffet was offered).Also there was no lift,The hotel's restaurant was expensive for me(e.g 6,5E brownies with ice cream).The wireless internet and th A/C were not free..!!!!!!!!!!

All in all, I paid totally 120E per day for a quite average room...NO VALUE FOR MONEY....

5 Thank PapastergiouCh

Travelers are raving about these Skiathos Town hotels

Bogense, Denmark
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We had a week's holiday in late July of this small family hotel with a wonderful location close to Skiathos Town and near the beach.
We had a lovely room with sea view.The room was good but small. There was new lovely bathroom and a refrigerator in the room. No TV, but it's not what we go on vacation to look at.
Breakfast is included. price and simple but there is opportunity for acquisitions, so there's no reason to complain about ..... many other hotels are without breakfast.
The staff was freindly and helpful and the restaurant, which is affiliated hotel is excellent, with stunning views of sea and city.
Pool area is nice and clean with good chairs and furniture - but we becom a little tired of the same music played from loudspeakers constantly all day .....
Cleaning the room is only 1 time a week ... it might be better, but beds was prepared and the waste removed every day.
We enjoyed our stay and have nothing to complain about.
We will certainly come again .... :-)

Room Tip: Ask for an high level room at check-in. The staff are doing everything possible to help
2 Thank Lone60
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2011

First off..... I must say, that I left my camera in the taxi on the ride to the hotel. I immediately went to the front and ask for help to possibly get it back. Much to my surprise the owner got on the phone immediately and within 10 minutes he had found my camera!!! He insisted on going to get it for me as the taxi wanted to charge me $ 20 euros, and he said that was way to much. He left and in a short time I had my camera in my hands!!!! I was totally shocked and for that I am forever GRATEFUL, to this hotel.
We stayed here with my brother and his wife on their honeymoon. Trip had been planned months in advance and must admit we were quite disappointed in our rooms, especially that my brother was on his honeymoon. They did tell us that they would try and move us but after a few mentions by us, it became apparent that they had no intentions. We were on the very bottom and rooms were quite dark and a little old.I think what bothered us the most, was if they would have just simply told us that it wasn't possible to move us , we would have been okay, instead of having think we would be moving. Having said that, we really didn't spend much time in them so we made the most of it
The hotel is very nice and very beautiful view and pretty well kept.The pool area was very inviting, especially evening time. It is actually quite special! Close to town,less than 5 min walk.
We had an evening dinner the 2nd night and found it very good! The service was exceptional, especially (Irene) whom we all adored.In fact we ate there again another night due to the great food and service.
Breakfast is the same as what others have said. I do believe if this hotel wants to have more guests dine for dinner, they need to improve on the breakfast. This is the first impression and it does little to make you think that having an evening meal is worthwhile.When the truth is it is worth it,and also quite reasonably priced. Lastly the cocktail prices, were a bit on the high side for a hotel outside the downtown area.
We are going back to Skiathos in a year as it has captured our hearts, and would consider staying here again.....if a better room location is available.

3 Thank AbbotsfordSunflower
newcastle
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Having been to Skiathos 4 times I must say this is the best hotel I have stayed in. The hotel was in a perfect location just outside the town with an excellent view of Megali Ammos beach. The hotel was exceptional, the rooms were very spacious with lovely balconies and cleaned daily. The pool area was immaculate with an excellent pool side bar service. The staff were very polite and professional and nothing was too much trouble. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody and I will certainly be returning next year

Mr Lodge - Co. Durham

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marcolNewcastle
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed at the Aria hotel for one week in May 2011. The hotel is in an ideal location, with the most amazing views over the sea, beaches and up into the mountains.
The staff there are extremely attentive and friendly. We were given a reserved table upstairs in the resturant and a menu was created specifically for us, where we even got to pick our own fish! The rooms were tidied every day and we were given fresh towels every day.
The beach is less than 5 minutes away, which is quiet, secluded and clean.
Skiathos town is just down the hill also about 5 minutes, where you can find bars and restaurants looking over the harbour, although we found the best and most friendliest resturants to be down the side streets.
We would reccomend that you rent a quad bike so that you can explore the entire island as there are some amazing beaches which are across the other side.
All in all our stay in this hotel was fantastic and great value for money, We will definatly be going back to the Aria and would reccommend it to anyone,

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lianneanddavid
nicosia
Reviewed August 4, 2010

possitives : location -Near the town of Skiathos,only 5-7 minutes walking and 3 minutes away from the fantastic sea of Meggali Ammos
Clean pool, reasonable prices for snacks and drinks,clean lobby
Very friendly staff
Every two days they change the bath towels and sheets

Negatives:No elevator, very difficult because we had a small child and the put us at the basement floor
No tv in the room
poor breackfast(only a class of no fress or.juice or coffee, a plate with 4 slices cheesse,ham,butter and 7 small slices of bread ,butter,honey,marmelade !!!!
iF you want air condition ask for it,before but is not working very good!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 65 in Skiathos Town
Villa Anna
Villa Anna
#1 of 10 in Megali Ammos

Been to Hotel Aria? Share your experiences!