“"MAGIC"”

Ranked #12 of 145 Restaurants in Skiathos Town
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: All outdoor Restaurant fantastic stunning views. An old converted Windmill one of the highest points in Skiathos Town. Reservation is necessary. We open 19.00 / 23.00 We also take credit cards ......... Reservations are 7,00/7,30 and 9,30 pm
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Whilst holidaying on the beautiful Greek Island of Skiathos we visited the Windmill Restaurant, perched on top of a hill above the town, a terraced dining area offers magnificent views out over the harbour to islands nearby, & the town below looks fantastic lit up at night, well worth the climb, very romantic ambience. Food was first class, prepared to a very high standard, presented by a friendly efficient staff. One visit soon became three ! on our return to Skiathos next year the Windmill Restaurant will be top of the must do list. Many thanks to Karen for making our last evening a special one. (MUST ADD, THEY MAKE THE BEST IRISH COFFEE ON THE ISLAND) !!!

1  Thank TrishaWestMidlands

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Ate here twice while in Skiathos and both times it was fantastic. It is a bit of a trek to get there (ladies bring your flatties) but it is well worth the climb... you basically burn all the calories before you get there! I tried the calamari which was beautiful and the shrimp bruschetta which was amazing. Both times I had the chicken stuffed with feta and sundried tomatoes. I do wish i'd tried something different but it was so good the first time I couldn't help myself. Try to save room for the Chocolate Brownie if you can it is delish.

I'm surprised at some of the comments re staff. I found everyone very friendly, efficient and more than happy to have the chats. The atmosphere was lovely and I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had one evening on Skiathos before crossing to Skopelos and considered ourselves so fortunate to find The Windmill. It was busy and as we were late booking we couldn't eat till 9 o'clock. However this was a bonus as the lights of the town and boats in the harbour were magical. The climb was steep but worth it. The food, the wine and the service were good and the location outstanding.

1  Thank DerbyshireKelly
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Easily the best restaurant on the island – yes, all the accolades it receives are deserved.

The service is incredibly welcoming, friendly and attentive - despite the restaurant being busy every night of the week, (you will need to book a table) the considerable number of down-to-earth staff work efficiently to ensure you have an enjoyable experience.

The Windmill is only a short walk from the town and the views are spectacular – they couldn’t have picked a better location, situated above the town overlooking the harbour.

The restaurant is probably the priciest on the island, with most mains costing between 15-19 euros each, and the most expensive being the fillet steak at 24 euros. However the standard of cooking and presentation is arguably worth it, as well as the fact that it offers an alternative to standard Greek cuisine.

My girlfriend and I both had the steak following our delicious starters (around 8 euros each) of calamari and prawns respectively.

We both like our steak medium rare, and wow did they cook it perfectly. We both had the fillet steak in a red wine and tarragon sauce which came with carrot crisps and potato fondant. When they brought the plates, I thought it didn’t look like much, but the food is so rich and delicious that it filled us right up (although I still made room for dessert).

It could well be the best meal we’ve ever had. Particularly good for couples or a relaxed evening with friends, it would be a shame to miss out on a dinner at The Windmill.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We ate at the windmill in our first week and enjoyed so much we returned during our 2nd week. The food was lovely and Karen is a great host and as it turns out is a native of Edinburgh which only added to our enjoyment of our evening. if we go back to skiathos we will definitely eat at the windmill and would recommend this to anyone visiting. x