My husband and I were THRILLED with our apartment at Scorpios. We stayed here for 4 nights (how we wished we could stay instead of traveling onward to Chios!) and just loved loved loved it. The hosts were kind beyond belief and very generous. When the male owner (I forget his name!!!) showed us our ground level apartment, my husband noted that there was a plum tree right outside of our patio. The owner said, "Oh yes! You like? Eat! Eat!"
We loved our apartment. We got a cheaper room (still had fully stocked kitchen and sitting area) and it was without AC, which was actually ok. We slept with the windows completely open (no screens - the only drawback - but we only had mosquitos one night) every night, and even in late July, it was comfortable for sleeping.
It is a 4 Euro cab ride to and from town, but it is also completely walkable if you don't mind a few hills (I believe it is roughly 2 km to town, perhaps a bit longer). We rented an ATV for 3 of the 4 days - there is a parking lot right across from the apartments. It is nice that it is outside of the busy port town, but also not completely isolated.
Our apartment also included a clothesline and pins in the patio, which was perfect, as we were there during the halfway point on our 2 week trek and needed to do laundry.
Pool area is lovely and deck chairs and towels are provided (although towels for the beach are not provided, so bring your own!).
In all, we just LOVED Scorpios - comfortable, clean, friendly, and a great location. We loved the island of Samos 100%, and Scorpios Apartments was certainly one of the reasons why we fell in love with it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scorpios Hotel Apartments is located in the popular Kalami area, right in front of Beis Beach. The hotel features a large seafront swimming pool with free sun beds with towels, Snack Bar and the 1st Hotel on Samos Island with Certified traditional Greek Breakfast.Constructed with local stone and following the traditional architectural style of Samos, the spacious rooms have a fully equipped kitchen, a TV and a balcony with sea or pool views. Free Wi-Fi is provided in public areas.Scorpios Hotel is situated 11 km from Samos International Airport, and just 2 km from the old port and 4 from the new port. The beaches of Laka and Gagou are a 15-minute walk. Free parking is provided on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Scorpios Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scorpios Apartments sámos
- Scorpios Hotel Apartments Samos, Greece