Cleomenis Hotel
Samos City Hotel(Samos Town)
$70
  • Breakfast included
$85
$83
$64
$62
$44
$38
Ino Village Hotel(Samos Town)
$63
$42
$40
All reviewsyogurtfamily runnice breakfastjoannaoutskirtsbaysamos
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We arrived in mid-late October and found ourselves to be their only guests. But this didn't stop them from rolling out the red carpet. They helped us with all of our activities, served a wonderful breakfast and allowed us to use the room until our 5pm ferry departed. The hotel is scheduled to close November 1 for the season, so we surprised them a bit when we knocked on the door.

The hotel is about 500 meters from town and is an easy walk. A cab from town costs 4 euro if you're not keen to walk. The views are stunning from the balcony. I would highly recommend this place, especially for the wonderful value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank POBarry
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Wonderful family run hotel. They offer coffee or tea throughout the day and even woke up very early to prepare our breakfast as we caught the first boat to Kusadasi. Very clean. Great beach within 7 min walk. About 20 min to get in to town. 40 min from the bus station. Walk along the waterfront towards town until the road starts to climb. Keep walking until you see Samos Hospital. The road veers right upward or left at that junction. Take the left road and the hotel is 100 meters down the road. It is not a difficult walk if you are healthy. Very relaxing and quiet area. Very good for a relaxing day at the beach but you will have to walk in to town for any night life. 20 min walk to the boat to Kusadasi Turkey.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room and you have a great view of the beach and sunset.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is in a great postion – high above Cagou Beach to the north of town central. My balcony’s views of the beach and the long fjord-like inlet that Vathi (Samos town) is located on were excellent. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from my ferry from Turkey, another 5 to town central and another 5 to the bus station. But note the Greek inter-island ferries come into a berth across the other side of the bay a good 30 minutes walk from town central.
My room was large with plenty of storage, comfy twin beds, tv, frig and quiet air. The bathroom was not pokey and had good hot water. The location was very quiet. The inclusive Greek style breakfast was tasty and more than adequate. The host family were lovely and gave excellent service. There is a good nearby shop and if you want a meal or drink closer than the large variety of restaurants and bars downtown along the waterfront and one road back, there are a couple of good inexpensive tavernas down at Gagou Beach. The road down to town is also the place for some clubs and nightlife although the economic crisis and shoulder season had things fairly quiet along there when I visited.

Room Tip: I think there are a few rooms which don't face the sea, so ask for a bay front one.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank blackeldo
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We are a couple at our 30s and we had stayed at this hotel at a one night trip to Samos from Kusadasi. We have arrived to Vathi Port in the morning and arrived Cleomenis after a short walk from the port. If you are used to walking around it's such a short distance, takes about 10-15 minutes so you don't need to take a cab. But if you don't walk much you may prefer a cab and I guess it shouldn't cost much. It's family runned hotel and they welcomed us with a condimentary glass of lemonade and water when we entered the hotel. It was still early morning so they told us the room was not ready and asked us to wait for 20 minutes while they were preparing it. They also told us the breakfast buffet was still open so we could have free breakfast if we preferred. We sat at the restaurant part with the surprise on our faces to these generous offers. Then we realized the restaurant had a great view of Gaggou Beach which is a small cove with wonderful shades of blue and at that moment we felt like we were staring at heaven. 20 minutes later we entered our room which had the same beach/heaven view. The room was small (but not very small, definitely enough for two people) but it was also very neat and tidy. the floor had no dust on it, sheets were clean white, pillows were comfortable. There was only liquid soap at the bathroom but we knew it so we brought our shampoo. there was a small lcd tv on the wall, a small fridge, and an air condition unit. in fact the nice breeze of aegean sea filled the room as soon as we opened the door of the small balcony with two chairs to chill so we never needed that air condition during our stay. it was a great hotel room that met our expectations! later we wanted to rent a car and the family members offered their help to us. wanted to go to dinner and again adviced a few tavernas. they were two brothers, one sister and a mom, very very nice people with such a great heart and hospitality. there was a road repair near so some roads were closed to car traffic and one of the brothers even offered to guide us with his vespa when we were going to dinner. he guided us to the main road at 10 pm at night! and their mom was also sooo great, a typical mediterenean women (like my own mom) running the place and her children with great care, always careful to the details that made us feel at home. in the morning the breakfast buffet was limited but more than enough for us, we ate fresh tomatoes with great taste(seriously i never ate such delicious tomatoes at a hotel before), feta, boiled eggs, toast, greek yogurt with honey were all great . we dont like the 4-5 star open buffet breakfasts mostly containing food full of fat or cheap hormoned vegetables. but the food at kleomenis was like the ones you have at home. unfortunately we checked out after the breakfast for more sightseeing before our ferry back to kusadasi but i must say we left our heart at kleomenis' room with its wiew to paradise and with this wonderful family who showed hospitality like were their family members. if you are looking for a basic hotel with clean rooms, hot water, healthy food, and staff with great hospitality always ready to help you dont think twice to stay at this hotel. a great view and being at walking distance location both to city center and the beach is its two great bonuses.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank yildizsungur
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Very quaint hotel located on the outskirts of Vathy (Samos town). For my purposes it's probably a bit far. I wanted something near the port with easy access to the airport. I think I at least got one of those things. This is one of those best laid plans things as I also didn't quite realize that there were multiple major ports. O well.

The hotel itself is nice. It's family run and since it's the beginning of the season I have the run if the place (I might be the only non family member here). Can't beat the location. Right over Gagkou Beach, I have a perfect sea view from my balcony.

My major complaint about this hotel (besides its location which is my fault) is that it doesn't have Internet access in my room and instead I gave to go down to the lobby. I've probably been spoiled this trip in terms of Internet access as I've had great connections at every hotel. I'm just a bit of an Internet junky so going without is a strange feeling. I actually turned on the tv in my room (and then turned it back off again).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo