I thought this was going to be a real treat, an intimate and super pampering exclusive escape. The reality is very different. This is the tackiest hotel I have ever seem. It is immediately clear that it was not renovated by an architect but by very 'confused' amateurs/new owners.
It is a mixture between India, Bali and ...the flintstones! The main area of the hotel where the swimmingpool is located is a painful juxtaposition of stones, plants, water tunnels, huge stones. It is so badly laid out that it takes a couple of days to work your way around this labyrinth.
Many details are not cared for, and the place is so big that the many public areas look tired.
The 'suspended waterfalls' are so ridiculous, first of all you have to pay €35 euros to enter and in addition you have to move around a circuit (timed by an operator) and can't freely enjoy them.
Why not just a huge whirpool?
Food is too expensive, staff generally friendly but with little experience (especially at reception).
This place needs to learn a few lessons from places like 'gecko club' in Formentera: the beauty of architecture and interior design which blends with the surroundings and is utter simplicity.
I have seen top-end real estate in Ibiza and it looks incredible. What happened here?
This is one of the most beautiful places in northern Ibiza spoiled by this messy place. What a shame for what could have been the most beautiful hotel ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hacienda Na Xamena is a white washed Ibiza style property suspended 180m high above the Mediterranean, in the heart of a preserved natural park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hacienda Na Xamena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Na Xamena Hotel
- Hacienda Na Xamena San Miguel
- Hacienda Ibiza
- Hacienda Na Xamena Ibiza/Port De Sant Miguel