“dont go”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Cavelossim
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“dont go”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

the whole place is a toilet we checked in went to room it wasnt clean from last people dirty sheets on bed floor dirty there is no wardrobe in the room to hang clothes. staff are not very nice they all think you are russian one day a member of staff was walking towards us and he spat on the floor right in front of us cockroaches in the room all the paths are cracked. we didnt use any of the faccilites pool is dirty wouldnt eat there if they paid me. do not go here we have been going to goa for years and would never go near that hotel again

Room Tip: dont go to any room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank goosegreen68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Cherpalcheri
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Service is poor.Hotel is very big.Rooms are spacious..but old building.....rooms are not kept very clean.Opt this hotel if you can't get any other hotel in Goa.The only advantage is that it is very near to Cavelossim Beach.I won't select this hotel again for my next trip to Goa.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank RaviCherpalcheri

Travelers are raving about these Cavelossim hotels

Khmelnitskiy, Khmel'nyts'ka Oblast', Ukraine
Reviewed February 10, 2013

hotel placed near the sea -- it's all good things.
terrible service: noboady understand english or russian before you give them one baks :) they could to lost roomkey, or to forget some bed-sheet change, or something else.
wi-fi you'd have ONLY on swimming pool or on reception-holl, but it would't work good.
vegan food surprised me.

Room Tip: just select another hotel upstear rooms're some better
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kathrinSivak
kolkata
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Rooms are good in size, neat and tidy , bathroom average , very near to beach, Food is very good for vegetarian and Jains , Staff including front office is very ill trained . Service is very poor both in room and restaurant

Room Tip: great location
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank niraj_surana
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was my third visit to Old Anchor (now Byke resort).
Repeated visits not because I was overwhelmed by their hospitality but only to recover the yearly maintenance cost I pay as a timeshare member.
As I had written in my earlier review, this place has everything to develop into a potential 5 star resort.
The Resort is located on an excellent plot with river face on one side & the clean & calm cavellosim beach just a few feet away.
The Resort has been conceptualized properly - enough open spaces, sufficiently large swimming pool, well spaced apartments.
I was optimistic when I heard that the resort has been renovated and is being operated by new management & therefore planned a third visit to this place during Diwali 2012. Booking wasn't an issue and it was promptly done.
With confirmed booking in my hand I was expecting a quick entry to my room. I took me more than 15 mins to draw the attention of the executives at reception desk. They were busy arguing with other guests, who were also carrying confirmed booking.
Then I was told that the rooms are being cleaned and it will take another 30 mins. After 40 mins when I again approached I was told it shall take another 30 mins. I told them politely that i don't require the rooms to be cleaned and I shall make an entry & clean kit myself. Then they came out with the real story, they had allocated the rooms to other guests and now they were requesting them to vacate. Finally I got entry into my room 3 hours after my entry inside the resort. I was told that I was lucky & that I should be thankful since there were others who were forcefully given accomodation in alternate resort.
After rennovation rooms are in good condition (i wonder how long they would last as the fittings seem to be cheap). However i had no problem in my stay (last time the condition was really horrible).
Veg food at Goa - not easily digestible, however we dont mind if the management gets sufficient veg clients. Nonveg tourists can always step outside the resort & plenty of restaurants & shacks are available.
Positives - Again location - this resort really enjoys the best location & as i said earlier the layout has been beautifully conceived.
Sincerely hope that the new management instills professionalism in the operation - this has a potential to be developed into an excellent 5 start resort.

Room Tip: Ensure that you are booked in the rennovated rooms. Rooms on 1st floor offer better view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rahul M
Mumbai
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I went for a weekend and loved the location. Clean and calm beach with beautiful scene. Easy access to all amenities. Near by market and great restaurant near by which makes this place more exciting. Rooms were clean and service was average. Overall nice experience. I want with my family & a place away from crowd was must. Overall very nice experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Choose this hotel if you want to start your holiday with tears, hysterics, nervous breakdowns or something worse. It took us 7 HOURS to сheck-in! And this is not the only case, believe me.

7 HOURS of waiting and uncertainty.
We arrived at the hotel at 8 am. The check-in had to start at 12 o’clock. At 2 pm we were still waiting and there was a chaos at the reception because there were already around 30 newly arrived tourists waiting to get their rooms. At 3 o’clock the staff "threw" us a key , like a bone for dog...

7 HOURS of disrespect, ignorance and incompetence.
The staff were not confident that they would have rooms for everyone. They gave dorm rooms instead of premium ones, shabby «kennels» instead of renovated rooms. They constantly tried to cheat.

The staff didn’t answer any questions. They smiled, joking around with each other. They went through papers over and over again to create at least some kind of activity, just to play for time.

7 HOURS in the heat without water.
We asked to bring water two times and nothing happened. The staff just didn’t care about anything.

All holiday I couldn’t forget those 7 hours of hell. So I won’t write about hotel advantages on purpose.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ira_reviews
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavelossim
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
Caravela Beach Resort
Joecons Beach Resort
Joecons Beach Resort
#3 of 15 in Benaulim

Been to The Byke Old Anchor Resort? Share your experiences!