“It Was a dream staying at the" Dreams Villa"”
Review of Luisa by the Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavelossim
Luisa by the Sea
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed for one week in the Dreams villa owned by Mr Jean Peirre Hoffer in November 2011, the villa was immaculate, cleaned every day and had everthing to enhance a luxurious stay, I would reccommend this villa to anyone thinking of staying at Lusia by the sea.

Alex and Sandra

Room Tip: The only tip I can give, is try your hardest to get one of Mr Hoffers villa's.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank eckmf

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed in villa no61 at Luisaby the sea owned by Sophie George
this was our first ever visit to Goa and after a very nice flight with thomson first choice we were met at the airport by our free complimentary taxi provided by Sophie and adout 45 minute later we arrived at our villa where we were met Sophie for the first time
We were greeted with open arms and made to feel at home from the first minute we arrived
the villa was very clean and well looked after with maid service 6 days a week the gardens were beautiful and well maintained. The pool was very nice and cleaned everyday.
All the staff at luisa by the sea were very friendly. There were security gaurds at the gates but we never felt like we needed them as Cavelossim is a very safe and friendly resort.
I had read a few bad reports about Sophie George and Luisa by the sea on trip advisor and we were a little worried that we had made a bad choice!!!
NO WORRIES!!!! We found Sophie George to be very warm and caring. not once did she ask for the remainder of our payment!!! all Sophie wanted to know was if my back was ok on the bed as i had informed her before-hand that i had a bad back and i may need to try a different mattress which was provided for me on arrival... Sophie also gave us a lift into margao to do some shopping and see the local market and also text us on 2 or 3 occasions asking if we needed anything as she was in the city shopping. she also gave us a little basket of chocolates for Easter.... they were sooooooo good!!!!!
There are a few dogs around the complex but they are very friendly and are cared for by the the long staying guests... i was a little worried at first about the dogs as i am a light sleeper and i had heard that they bark and howl all through the night but i can honestly say that i only heard 1 or 2 barks that lasted about 5 or 10 seconds... so i slept like a baby.
Luisa by the sea is in a very good location with shops and restaurants within a 2 minute walk and the complex backs onto the river Sal and the riverview restaurant with great food and a great view . The beach is just a short 5 minute walk away with some great beach shacks and very interesting beach sellers who were all very nice and happy to stop and chat to you.
So we were very happy with our 1 bedroom villa with satalite tv and air con...nice and clean ... very peaceful setting with friendly staff and a really caring and very professional owner Sophie George and condor holidays. i would recommend this villa and Luisa by the sea to anyone thinking of trying Cavelossim south Goa... But for those travelers who are looking for that something special or are hard to please or just like to winge and moan about the slightest little thing.... that there is the 5star leela kempinski just 5 minutes away on mobar beach!!!
Thanks again Sophie for a wonderful stay best wishes Iain and Piret x x x

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank street
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed in the 'Lavender' appartment which was very nice with high ceilings, all mod cons and a spacious balcony overlooking the entrance to the complex. We had rented it through Sophie George who met us with a smile and explained what was what and was always on hand if we needed anything and in fact organised our taxis to and from the airport . I must also comment on the lack of mosquitos, what a relief, and the maid service which was excellent.The complex is a mixture of villas and condos, with lovely gardens and 2 swimming pools, its in a great position being only a few minutes walk from the beach and the same to the village with its numerous restaurants etc. There are a couple of shops selling the basics and some fruit stalls, so milk, eggs, butter, wine and beer were only a few minutes away...
When we go back to Cavelossim we shall certainly stay at Louisa by the Sea, hopefully in the good hands of Sophie George of Condor Holidays!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank hrhsue
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Louisa by the Sea is a very relaxing & quiet mix of villas set in an ideal location within a short walk to the amazing beach, restaurants & shops. Villa 'Sunshine' was the ideal accommodation for us, spacious, & comfortable, with a wonderful verandah, overlooking the pool, & lush gardens, watered every day. Many an evening, after returning from the restaurants,was spent sitting on the swing chair, with the cool breeze from the fan, enjoying the relaxing atmosphere. All our requirements were met and with or without maid service, we enjoyed a wonderful stay in 'Sunshine' and will certainly return again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
annaho, Owner at Luisa by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear Sarn56,

Thank you for spending your holidays with us, and for your nice comments. I’m glad your stay with us was enjoyable. Comments such as your make us try even harder to make sure that our valued guest leave us with fond memories.
We all look forward to welcome you back assuring you an unforgettable second stay .
Warm Regards from all of us.

Jean-Pierre

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I returned to Luisa by the Sea after spending Xmas and New Year 2011/12 here. Unfortunately the standard of the cottage this year (Jan 2012) was dissapointing. Luisa is a very down market resort but quiet has a lovely charm about the gardens not manicured a bit wild in places but you know you are in India. The cottage Sunshine needed a thorough clean from top to bottom so I would recommend to Jean-Pierre that he changes his cleaning staff or at least inspects the proppert before letting to people. The overall cleanliness of the bedding and towels were also questionable. The maids did minimal cleaning not even emptying the toilet bin each day. I mentioned all this whilst there and had expected a brief email from the owner on my return from Luisa to address the comments, however there has been nothing so I have written the review to be fair to others that Sunshine may live up to expectations. Nothing that soap and water cannot repair and perhaps a quieter air conditioner would have made the stay a bit more comfortable. Do follow advice about using the safe for valuables even small amounts of cash should be locked away. I would still recommend Luisa but advise travellers to check out reviews of individual cottages rather than the resort itself.
Follwing Luisa we went to Palolem Guest House which was spotlessly clean for a quarter of the price and would not hesitate to recommend this.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BuntyNewZealand
annaho, Owner at Luisa by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Dear BuntyNewZealand,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Luisa by the Sea, in Villa Sunshine .
But …! Let me tell you that I am very surprise as you never told me or send me a Mail due to the fact that I was not on site during your stay , telling me about your concern witch would have bin taken care very easily ….! Or just with a smile ask or told the Maid to empty your basket or what ever ; our staff typically gets high marks from our guests which is the reason for our high return guest rate.
I did send you a Mail after your departure witch I do send to all our guests asking for feedback and thought , you would have the decency to answer…..!
Again, thank you very much for your comments and please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment caused.

With my best regards,

Jean-Pierre

Reviewed December 20, 2011

The ad described a "vacationer's ultimate dream, exclusive holiday homes set in a prestigious condominium" with swimming pool. That is much overrated by western standards. But then, those who do not know the local context should be aware that hyperbole is a national passtime in India and hospitality facilities overpriced in comparison to the Asian area and even to some European destinations.

I had booked one 2-bedroom villa for a well deserved 2 week vacation with Sophie George of Condor Holidays at Luisa by the sea at the beginning of December 2011.

The condo was off the main road and very peaceful but one was under the impression of an 80's property that wanted to be on the luxury side but did not get proper maintenance through the years. Some villas, especially those along the river are luxurious indeed, but some look really worn out and neglected, tarnished by mould, and so did the common areas. Within the gardens there was some dump area. The swimming pools were only cleaned on the surface but not vacuumed so all the dirt macerates in the bottom and they don't seem to have a proper filtering/pump system. So we had 2 swimming-pools on site but never used them after one first and last intent.

Villa 56 where we stayed was fine and quite fairly equipped but most of the mosquito nets had holes, and did not offer an efficient protection against the voracious and numerous big black mosquitoes. I almost slashed by leg on the salient nails hidden by the cushion of one of a broken ratan chair before requesting to have it removed. The inverter was only working for 3 seconds until on the 10th day I tried turn it on manually after the power went off.

But my main criticism would point toward the global attitude of Mrs. George who demonstrated very little aptitude for the hospitality business. She repeated several times she was living within the condo but the times I called her she was never on site and seem to be avoiding us and only too willing to put the blame on us for what was not working.

She had offered the taxi pick-up so I took the precaution to advise previously that there would 3 of us + 2 babies and quite some pieces of luggage. We arrived in the evening and the Toyota Camry type that was waiting for us had only storage space for 2 suitcases. For a bigger car we were asked to pay an extra 1200 rupees. I called Mrs. George but all she could say was that this was the vehicle she regularly utilized. I wonder how she manages when she has a family booking for one month…Anyhow, the taxi driver was very diligent and found us an alternative non A/C Maruti Suzuki Wagon.

When we arrived at the villa, we were "greeted" in a non-conformist way by Mrs. George who seemed to be under stress, never ask if we had a good journey or wished us a pleasant stay, and in a hurry to go through all the things we should not do with the villa equipment: as for instance, not manipulate the aircon remote as it would only mess up the setting. I asked what if we were too cold. Answer was: "you can always turn it off"...One night we had forgotten to turn off the fan on the terrace and she popped up after an evasive hi! to switch it off then withdrew as fast as she had come. We notified the pools were not clean and Mrs. George went to inspect them herself in the company of other owners but nobody found anything abnormal.

In the ad on the property I had seen that we could order breakfast on site but Mrs. George just took away the menu as she preferred not to offer this service as she had received too many complaints before. 2 days before our departure, she called to ask me if we were leaving today (how could she not know if she was my contact for the reservation!). I replied that we will be leaving on Saturday early morning to catch our flight at 11h00. And she said "Oh find then.The next customer are arriving at 11h00 that same day". Speaking of hospitality and customer service attitude...

Afterwards she wrote me an email to say that she had never stated that it was a luxury property and, anyway, what should I expect for the price...rate was almost 100 US$ per day...

You should also be aware that there is no bakery or coffee parlour in the resort and the fresh staples supplies are very limited unless you rent a motorized vehicle to go farther north to Varca market or Margoa main town.

So no, I will not go again or recommend Luisa by the Sea, or at least not with Condor Holidays.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Vyvy33
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Luisa by the sea is a wonderful place to stay in South Goa. The villas are very spacious with some of them having a swimming pool. The area around the villas is very well maintained. If you are not that keen about staying in a typical hotel, then Luisa by the sea is definitely the best option for a relaxed and a hassle-free holiday in Goa.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
joie_devivre69, Owner at Luisa by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your experience at Luisa by the sea and that is exactly what we try to make it your home away from home.
Do drop us a line at luisabythesea@gmail.com.
See you again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavelossim
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
#5 of 10 in Cavelossim
Caravela Beach Resort

Been to Luisa by the Sea? Share your experiences!