The Leela Goa
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
2,428 results
All reviewsgolf courselagoon suiteprivate beachclub suitecoconut waterindian restaurantpark hyattbeach restaurantbuggy servicetennis courtsbeautiful propertyarabian seawater sportsfisherman's wharfmain restaurantbeach sidemonsoon season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2010

It was our first wedding anniversary and I wanted to make my wife feel like a queen.She is so caught up with her studies as someone who is pursuing theirs masters is.I wanted her to relax,take a back seat from home and college and have a good time.So after much poking around and after hours of planning I found the perfect destination,GOA.I booked ourselves into Leela Goa.

So bags packed we arrived in Goa on the 11th of June.If I wanted royalty believe me Leela Goa got it right from the airport.There was a chauffeur driven car for us.It took us through the charming Goa roads.looking at the old world villages and charming villas with the sea included set in the right holiday mood.After 1 hour we reached Leela and were greeted with a refreshing coconut juice and garlands.I thought mine would be refreshing.However,it turned out to be sour and got my throat.I did not want such a minor incident to ruin our holiday.So,i put the sourness behind and we checked into our suite.Ours was the lagoon suite,this is located on the first floor.Oh! boy you got to be a spend thrift once and forget all about money to enjoy the view from the suite.

As a habit I started poking around the suite.I needed to know if all things that come along with the suite work well.This suite comes with two set of bathrooms.First i got on to the weighing machine and what do i notice? it does not work.I was put off by this,there is a volume control in the bathroom and the knob was knocked off.Then I wandered into the cub board area and found a torch tucked away in it and guess what it does not work either. It is such an immense waste of branding if Leela cannot provide such basic amenities to the guest.If someone is spending a lot of money,that someone would definitely want first class product for themselves.I am sure that if all was checked before this would not have happened in our suite.

However,I was adamant that nothing would make this holiday go sour again.Keeping the things in the suite aside,everything else was just out of our imagination.The beach is clean and well guarded.The staff is polite and always alert to your needs.They are what you expect them to be,warm and hospitable.Later I took my wife out for dinner at this river side Italian restaurant.The manager was friendly and got us seated in a perfect place.When time came to order the food that I ordered was fantastic!Then we walked hand in hand to the beach for there were many more days to spend in the Leela over looking Goa!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2010

if you are up for a real relaxing in style, this is the place in goa when goa is still known for partying scene. The Leela is situated away from party area and guest here are more seeking for somewhat quieter time in a beautiful landscape and pool with ocean just steps away.

spa is amazing.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Do nothing at the Leela and you will still enjoy it. Overpriced, but still worth it. The staff is great, the rooms are great and the location is great. Close to nothing!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cool_traveler09
Reviewed June 11, 2010

The Leela Kempinski Goa is simply a paradise for people looking for exclusive holidays.
This massive property is located close to the beach and is one of the most beautiful and exclusive properties in India. The rooms are superb and have a great view, the services are
great and the food is best in the city. A must visit place for anyone looking for a great stay in Goa.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Leela Goa is among one of the best properties in Goa. Well maintained and with an excellent courteous staff who are always ready to help in making the guests feel comfortable . The main swimming pool was under renovation and guests had to use an alternate pool situated in the club premise. The artificially created lagoons are and attraction and so is the horticultural park. We could spot lots of exotic birds from our room including two species of kingfishers, magpie robins, cormorants, storks, siberian cranes etc. The horticultural garden has plenty of orchids and also some rare orchids and other similar flowering plants. The hotel area makes an excellent place for morning and evening walks while one can spot the various species of flora and fauna. The beach is also nearby and is clean and Pristine very much unlike the other noisy and crowded beaches of Goa like Calangute/Baga or Colva.
The hotel reception area is also an excellently designed structure which seems inspired by the historical monuments at Hampi.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business