We chose Leela as an escape for 5 days before heading to Mumbai, we were looking for luxury, tranquility, great food and of course the beach. As Global Hotel Alliance members we were very confident that it would be as high standard as a Kempinski hotel.
There were a lot of good points - the transfer from the airport was very smooth, and the welcome was warm, though its rare that we are asked to pay the entire bill up front, practically before we sat down - I don't feel like this gave the best first impression. Still, we paid, and then we were shown to our room which was very nice despite the fact that an upgrade wasn't available for GHA members.
On our first evening we ate at the beachside restaurant and my other half ordered a particularly expensive seafood platter. Upon receiving it he pointed out that the fish was not properly cooked – at which point the plate was taken away. When it was returned, other elements had been re-grilled (read burned) and the fish was no different – the chef then explained that the texture was different as it was a river fish and he should trust him. He did, and was promptly ill for the entire stay, losing one of the five days in bed. Various people visited the room to apologise, fine, and he was sent 20 red roses?! In addition to a hotel branded get well soon card, slightly worrying that they keep a stock of these. Upon check out we were then told that they had taken one third of the price of the dish off the bill, that was all. After arguing they eventually took the food off but refused to take drinks off. A sour end to the stay considering they wouldn’t remove £30 on a total bill of £1600 and this is without mentioning the breakfast missed and room service that we were forced to order as we couldn't leave the room. We were also charged for internet despite being a GHA member and receiving this free – discovering this when we looked at the bill at home. I’m sure that we were just unlucky with the food, and are very willing to accept that this probably happens very rarely but the way that our complaint was handled was not acceptable.
The rest of the stay was relaxing, we didn't have much choice and couldn't go far - the pool area was lovely as was the beach (a momentary glitch in the form of a very drunk guest threatening to punch every male guest in the hotel was not dealt with by security efficiently – in fact it was not dealt with), breakfast was good in the buffet, though for evening meals I'd recommend Pearl's beach shack 2 minutes walk down the beach - the drinks are much cheaper too, after spending £10 in a gin & tonic at the hotel bar I wasn't keen to return there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine the opulence and luxury of 5 star hotels, The Leela Goa with the natural beauty and Portuguese heritage of South Goa for the ultimate beach holiday. The hotel is set in 75 lush acres with a pristine beach, a 12 hole golf course and world class dining making it the finest 5 star hotels in Goa. While the rooms and suites, The Restaurant and the signature Jamavar have been designed by Jeffrey A. Wilkes, the principal designer of DESIGNWILKES, the art and embellishment has been done by Mrs. Madhu Nair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Leela Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Leela Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Leela Kempinski Goa Cavelossim
- Leela Goa
- Goa Hotel Leela
- Goa Leela
- Leela Kempinski Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Leela Palace Goa
- The Leela Goa Cavelossim