We had a very enjoyable stay at the Leela. The location of the hotel is not suitable if one is interested in sightseeing, however we went there to just laze around. For us the vacation meant things like taking bath in the sea, a dip in the pool, reading a book lying on the sun-bed near the beach/pool, going for a long walk along the beach till it meets the river Sal or just catching a movie on the DVD player in the room.
We stayed in a Conservatory Premiere room. We found the room quite spacious and classy. The bathroom was big and lovely. The best part was that the room was facing the lagoon. With handy binoculars with us, we could see a variety of birds sitting in the room, including the common kingfisher, white throated kingfisher, stork-billed kingfisher, pied kingfisher, snake birds, ducks, red wattled lapwing, magpie robin, wagtail, brahminy kites and even a woodpecker. We spotted big frogs and many water snakes inside the lagoon. One morning, we spotted a big 3.5 feet snake on the land, it was on the land under our room. We checked out and learned it was a non-venomous checkered keelback. Unexpectedly, watching the wild life turned out to be a high point of this trip for us.
This time, we had not gone for an all meals package. Though the food was expensive and choice rather limited in the cafe, we found the food delicious and satiating. We especially enjoyed their Thai Red Curry with prawns.
Unfortunately the beach which was pristine on the first day, got covered with oil residue the next day. Apparently a ship had leaked oil into the sea. We even found a dead turtle on the beach - not sure if it was related to this but it was really sad to see the beautiful environment getting polluted by the black sticky oil residue all over. Two days, we could not enter the beach because of that.
The children's room is beautifully done though I found the options very limited for the younger kids.
The only other vacation in Goa which was a close match to this vacation was our stay at the Taj Fort Aguada a few years ago. I can never forget the terrific view of the sea we had from the balcony of the room. However the Leela proved to be a perfect choice for the kids and for all of us in having a wonderful family time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine the opulence and luxury of 5 star hotels, The Leela Goa with the natural beauty and Portuguese heritage of South Goa for the ultimate beach holiday. The hotel is set in 75 lush acres with a pristine beach, a 12 hole golf course and world class dining making it the finest 5 star hotels in Goa. While the rooms and suites, The Restaurant and the signature Jamavar have been designed by Jeffrey A. Wilkes, the principal designer of DESIGNWILKES, the art and embellishment has been done by Mrs. Madhu Nair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Leela Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Leela Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Leela Kempinski Goa Cavelossim
- Leela Goa
- Goa Hotel Leela
- Goa Leela
- Leela Kempinski Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Leela Palace Goa
- The Leela Goa Cavelossim