We stayed at the Dona Sylvia on our first time in Goa for the second week of our holiday in India. We had spent the first week on the Golden Triangle Tour and booked this hotel so we could have a rest at the end of our travels. The resort is good and has the amenities that you would want in an all inclusive resort. We emailed ahead of our visit and requested a first floor room with a large balcony and recommend you do this if the balcony size is important to you. On arrival we were very pleased with this as some of the balconies are quite small. The air con and rooms are fine and take the form of a traditional Goan style.
The food was ok and but we were more impressed with the food we had enjoyed in our first week of travelling than what was on offer at the hotel. The Mamma Mia poolside restaurant is the best for food.
The beach is amazing and you can walk for hours without many people being around so it feels like you have the place to yourself, which is particularly lovely at sunset.
Everyone we met was friendly and helpful - staff and other guests too - we were fortunate to make some lovely friends.
We booked a Jungle Book trip which was a fantastic part of our holiday. Staying in tents next to the elephants and going into the river on them as they gave us a power shower is a memory that will stay with us forever - a trip fully recommended to take part in!
This is a good base to stay in if you plan to visit Goa, my advice would be to combine this resort with other travel and days out. India has amazing sights to see and by staying by the pool for two weeks you are really missing out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dona Sylvia Beach Resort is spread over 20 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens on the southern coast of Goa, it nestles by the soft white sands of Cavelossim beach. The Resort offers comfortable air-conditioned rooms with all modern amenities in Mediterranean style villas with balconies and open sit-outs. The Resort has excellent conference facilities, extensive options for outdoor events / theme parties and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dona Sylvia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dona Sylvia Beach Hotel Cavelossim
- Dona Sylvia Beach Cavelossim
- Dona Sylvia Hotel Goa
- Dona Sylvia Beach Resort Goa/Cavelossim