“GOAN PARADISE ON EARTH”

Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cavelossim
Reviewed April 20, 2014

As soon as you touch down on this diverse continent you realise that you are somewhere completely and utterly different than any other place on earth!
Thank goodness I chose the Haathi Mahal to stay in.
From the moment I entered the hotel I was greeted with the best set of smiles i have ever seen.
The Hotels almost secret exterior appearence belied the rangeof facilities within,a choice of pools with jacuzzi,landscaped courtyards,the best restaurant for miles and miles and a choice of three bars !!
My room was perfectly good enough ,although it wasnt one of the newly refurbished ones, it was fully equipped and clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
I didnt plan to stay in my room all the time,who would ?
The staff were without exception serene and saintly,dealing with all manner of requests from a wide range of guests , some of whom i would have gladly ignored !
I visited the spa 5 times during my two weeks ,what a lovely surprise to find real professionalism with a wonderful team of caring staff and at a cost that defies belief.
I met most of the senior management on site who were all very keen to see that i was happy with everything,Grenville was charming as was Joe who never seemed to stop smiling !
Attwoods bar,an English pub was a bit of a shock,but a nice one !I enjoyed coming in from outside to relax and cooldown with a fab cocktail prepared by delightful Bapi the bar manager
and to ask the slightly eccentric Jeremy,the pub landlord,about the resort and hotel,without his advice and stories I would have missed alot.
I tried plenty of the local outside restaurants, including the beach shacks and found them all pretty standard fare compared to the hotel but i was there to experiece everything the resort had to offer,which was fantastic,exotic,weird,friendly,bizarre,and so different!
The glorious weather was non stop,the beaches were uncrowded and the sea was safe and so warm you had to pinch yourself to make sure you werent dreaming.
I can see why so many people come here year after year,sometimes twice a year,its paradise and I loved everything about it.

Room Tip: ask for a refurbished one if you are fussy or plan to stay in the room longer than normal,the pool s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank KITCHENMUM
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for such an exhaustive account of your stay at Haathi Mahal and the experience in Cavellosim. You've missed nothing!

I am glad my team looked after you and ensured your holiday went just the way you wanted it to. My team is the greatest asset on the premises and our pride. Every single member ensures satisfaction and smiles of content. We do our best to please. I am happy you used all facilities in our resort and found them to your liking.

Thanks once again and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Dear All,
I have been visiting Haathi Mahal (HM) since 2005 and have been there twice since. I will be visiting the resort again in May 2014 for a week's stay. We have always stayed in the two bedroom suites with a kitchnette which are located next to the pool. While checking the reviews and the photos was saddened to see some negative feedback not completely related to HM. Would like to share that my entire family (husband, daughter, son and self) have always enjoyed the stay at HM. The multiple pools have always enchanted my children especially the water slide. The stone bar in the pool is a source of delight for the kids. French Fries or Margerita Pizza followed by a fresh lime soda is practically a daily order during the swim. The games and activities organized by HM in the afternoons have kept the children occupied when parents need some well deserved siesta. The food is splendid and yes multiple options outside the resort and at the shacks on the beach. We normally hire a car for the duration of our stay and evenings are spent at the beach followed by candle lit dinners at the shacks at Colva or Benaulim or Martins and other iconic places. Its relaxation in its true form. The staff has always been very accommodating and helpful. I am really looking forward to my visit to the resort in the second half of May 2014. I certainly hope and am sure that I will continue to have a pleasurable stay at Haathi Mahal. Check this page for a review end May'14.
Cheers!!!
R Balsekar

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rupa B

Dear Guest

It really warms the heart to read reviews such as yours. Thank you very much for an honest and unbiased view of your stay. I am glad you and your family enjoyed yet another great stay at Haathi Mahal.

Really happy you enjoyed the activities and the facilities in our resort.

Please do come back again in May for another great of round of holidaying!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Our first stay at the Haathi Mahal resort and we were not disappointed. The lobby is open and welcoming. The staff fantastic, always smiling, very friendly, and happy to assist in any way they can. The three pools are looking tired, and in need of an uplift, but they are large enough to accommodate the number of people staying. There are plenty of sunbeds, and in the event of someone reserving, you can always ask the staff to remove the abandoned towels. The restaurant offers a good range of food, and is cooked beautifully. One thing to remember is to ask that the meals for everyone in your group arrives at the same time. There is an English bar called Attwoods on the resort, where you can enjoy some home comforts including steak and mushroom pie, or an 8 ounce steak with chips for £3.50 The barman Bapi "The Bapster" will make you very welcome, and is excellent at his job. The K Spa is well worth a visit where you can be pampered for a fraction of the price back home. The resort is across the road and a 5 minute walk down a track to the beach. Although once you get there, it's well worth the walk.

Room Tip: If you are in the hotel, request not to be near the emergency generator! Power cuts are frequent in...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sfudgephotography
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Guest

We are really happy you enjoyed your holiday and our team looked after you. Thank you for taking the time off to review your stay at Haathi Mahal.

We are taking the pool out next April for a complete refurb and you will find a far more attractive and classy pool the next time around!

Thank you for all your kind words on our team and for the special mention of 'The Bapster' ! I guess that's going to be his name from now on.

Cheers and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

My wife and I both senior citizens stayed at RGBC Haathi Mahal for 2 weeks from March 15 2014. It was indeed a memorable experience ..We were overwhelmed by the courtesy extended to us by all the staff. As we moved into the spacious 1 bed room villa on first floor with a large balcony facing the swimming pool we knew it was the best haven for us to relax and enjoy a restful holiday.
The multi cuisine restaurant provided us with local seafood delicacies as well as continental dishes specially prepared by the very talented Chef who arranged the luxury of In Room Dining
A special mention of the vey good service by the House Keeping staff is a must here..
In short it was a Home Away from Home feeling and we would surely visit Goa every year and
enjoy such comfortable and peaceful holiday at Haathi Mahal and rejuvenate ourselves.
M H Kamath
Bangalore

Room Tip: Make sure you get to stay in a room with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool .
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review of your stay at Haathi Mahal. It is always a pleasure to have you and your wife as our guests.

I am glad you enjoyed yet another great stay and partook of your favorite seafood delicacies. Our Chef knows exactly what you want!

All persons who made your holiday memorable will be suitably commended.

Thank you once more and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was our second stay at Haathi Mathal, and we were not disappointed. This hotel complex is though quite a way from the beach and when it's very hot a taxi might be preferred. There are three pools and plenty of sun beds and the hotel boasts a restaurant and English bar. This time we didn't use these facilities except for one breakfast which was ok. It's in easy walking distance from the many shops and local traders who seem to enjoy bargaining over the many items they offer. Staff are good many have developed the 'English' sense of humour and have a good knowledge of both the premier league and cricket. We were staying over the time of the international T20 competition so had a tense night when India lost to Sri Lanka! We will return in the future, the hotel is about 40 minutes from the new Goa airport and there are good numbers of taxis available for a variety of prices.

Room Tip: There are a large number of rooms some with a balcony ours number 320 was quiet near the pool and in...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time off to review your stay at Haathi Mahal on TripAdvisor. It is always great to see a guest come back and enjoy a stay. It tells us that we are doing the right thing and our guests go back with a sense of fulfillment.

The team at Haathi Mahal is our pride and joy! These reviews only serve as a fillip to their efforts. I can only imagine the tension during the T20 International. Our boys are very passionate about their sports.

Thanks once again and look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

It was a short and the first stay at Haathi Mahal for 3 days. And we enjoyed the stay very much, specially my daughter who was just hopping from one pool to the another. Staff is well behaved and prompt in service. I booked 1 bedroom villa and it was well maintained with all the facilities, specially the kitchen.

There were some activities every day for children,Pools were clean, surroundings looked clean and safe. Beach was also safe, peaceful and not too much crowded as compared to other beaches like Bagha. It would helpful if they provide some instructions/tips to protect from skin tanning after pool play specially for people like us who are not very much used to pools and beaches.

I hope to visit Haathi Mahal again next year for longer duration,

Room Tip: It depends on your liking, If you dont mind little noise than rooms facing swimming pools are better...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest

I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your holiday at Haathi Mahal. Thank you for writing a nice review on your stay.

It gives us immense joy to see our guests, especially the little ones enjoying themselves. We believe if the children are happy, then the parents are happy too and the holiday turns out to be meaningful for everyone.

Please do come again and give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Clean ... Friendly staff and a very good restaurant. Pool facilities plentiful ... 3 different ones to select from. Good PR at the front desk and good information source to explore local attractions. Electricity drop outs were a little inconvenient but rectified quickly. Staff response to (very small) issues was almost immediate. Very good value overall. I would go back if this this area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your nice review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your holiday and my team looked after you. We take great pride in our employees.

Yes, electricity is a bit of an issue in Goa, especially in the villages. We have enough generator back up when needed. Only thing is a bit of patience is required.

Look forward to see you again if you are in this part of town.

Grenville Dcosta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavelossim
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
#3 of 15 in Benaulim
Beleza...by the beach
Beleza...by the beach
#1 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Karma Royal Haathi Mahal? Share your experiences!