As soon as you touch down on this diverse continent you realise that you are somewhere completely and utterly different than any other place on earth!
Thank goodness I chose the Haathi Mahal to stay in.
From the moment I entered the hotel I was greeted with the best set of smiles i have ever seen.
The Hotels almost secret exterior appearence belied the rangeof facilities within,a choice of pools with jacuzzi,landscaped courtyards,the best restaurant for miles and miles and a choice of three bars !!
My room was perfectly good enough ,although it wasnt one of the newly refurbished ones, it was fully equipped and clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
I didnt plan to stay in my room all the time,who would ?
The staff were without exception serene and saintly,dealing with all manner of requests from a wide range of guests , some of whom i would have gladly ignored !
I visited the spa 5 times during my two weeks ,what a lovely surprise to find real professionalism with a wonderful team of caring staff and at a cost that defies belief.
I met most of the senior management on site who were all very keen to see that i was happy with everything,Grenville was charming as was Joe who never seemed to stop smiling !
Attwoods bar,an English pub was a bit of a shock,but a nice one !I enjoyed coming in from outside to relax and cooldown with a fab cocktail prepared by delightful Bapi the bar manager
and to ask the slightly eccentric Jeremy,the pub landlord,about the resort and hotel,without his advice and stories I would have missed alot.
I tried plenty of the local outside restaurants, including the beach shacks and found them all pretty standard fare compared to the hotel but i was there to experiece everything the resort had to offer,which was fantastic,exotic,weird,friendly,bizarre,and so different!
The glorious weather was non stop,the beaches were uncrowded and the sea was safe and so warm you had to pinch yourself to make sure you werent dreaming.
I can see why so many people come here year after year,sometimes twice a year,its paradise and I loved everything about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is a mixed use establishment with 65 hotel rooms for transient guests and 80 villas for time share members. Three large swimming pools with gym and fully equipped spa. Children's playing area and recreation center with a movie theater. Restaurant, English pub and swim up bar for food and beverage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Karma Royal Haathi Mahal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haathi Mahal Cavelossim
- Haathi Mahal Hotel Cavelossim
- Haathi Mahal Goa
- Karma Royal Haathi Mahal Goa/Cavelossim