“Fantastic”

Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cavelossim
Reviewed February 14, 2014

What a fantastic 2 weeks at Haathi Mahal. Me and my husband went to celebrate our wedding anniversary and my birthday and what a way to spend it. Many thanks to Diago for having a birthday cake and cards , flowers and some brilliant towel ar sent to our room. The hotel itself is really nice, we stayed in a deluxe room which was really big with everything we needed.The hotel staff couldnt do enough for us and the room was cleaned everyday and clean towels and sheets were great. We only went bed and breakfast but the breakfast was plentiful with everything you can imagine. Even the most fussiest of eaters would find something they liked. We even got a call to our room asking if we were happy with everything and if we needed anything else. The pool was really nice and the pool bar offered a good selection of food and drinks. I cant understand why some people have left such negotive comments on here as we could not fault anything. Would really recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks again to all the staff who made our holiday so fantastic.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank juehughes117
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Guest

We are so glad you had a great holiday and enjoyed the facilities. Thank you for taking the time off to express your views on TripAdvisor.

I am glad my team looked after you and you enjoyed your celebrations at Haathi Mahal. As i said before, we are a small resort but we have big hearts when it comes to keeping our guests delighted. Though it is not possible to please everyone, we do our utmost in ensuring a happy holiday and a great stay.

Thanks once again and look forward to seeing you!

There are newer reviews for Karma Royal Haathi Mahal

Reviewed February 9, 2014

After reading some of the reviews on here I cannot believe we stayed at the same resort!

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by the most helpful and welcoming staff (even at 2 in the morning). The location, pools, food and resort in general are all to be highly recommended. Sadly, we were only there for a week but after speaking to most of the other guests there we found that they usually stayed for around 6 weeks every year and have done for many years.

The food from the restaurant or poolside bar were both excellent value and the service was prompt and very courteous. The welcome (and food) we had from Jeremy and the staff in the Jamaica Inn made each visit a joy - I wish I had written a comment in his guest book for others to see our appreciation.

The breath-taking beach is easily accessible with only a 5 minute walk along a dedicated path beside the Mobor hotel.

Our villa was extremely spacious and cleaned every day to a very high standard. Towels and sheets were changed 6 out of the 7 days we were there which I felt was far more than any other resort we've stayed in previously.

Needless to say we will definitely be returning and cannot recommend the staff and resort enough! Thank you for a wonderful and memorable week.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Karen H
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review on your stay at Haathi Mahal. I am glad you feel so positive about our resort and my team looked after you very well.

The team works very hard to ensure our guests have a great holiday. Even at this time of the year when conditions can get trying and occupancy is at its peak. We do our best to please. Sometimes we cannot please everyone in ways they want us to. But then we take bouquets and brickbats with equal fervor and welcome all comments.

Thank you once again and look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I loved my stay at Haathi Mahal. The staff were amazing, very friendly and helpful. The food was amazing! It was very close to the beach and good restaurants outside the hotel were a short walk or can ride. It was more relaxing than North Goa and the rooms were very spacious. The Spa was first class and there was also a very well equiped gym.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Katrinalee11

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time off to write a review on your stay at Haathi Mahal.

I am glad you had a good holiday and my team looked after you. I am happy you enjoyed the facilities and the food at Haathi Mahal.

Look forward to seeing you once more!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I love this resort, our family owns a timeshare there and that was a great idea. We make a visit to Hathi Mahal every year and enjoy it every year. There are great daily activities for children such as pool and table tennis competitions. The villas are well maintained and the service is great. We made a few good friends with one of the rec. guys (Anthony). They have great ideas such as the daily movies.The pool is fantastic and very well kept, we spent half the day in the pool and the other half in the beach which is also very good it is a 7-10 min walk away, the pathway to the beach could be improved but other than that good. In the last year they have made the wifi free which is a good idea, only problem with that is that in our room the connection was a bit iffy. One down fall was that while we were there many people were squabbling over deck chairs, but the staff were responsive and put up signs with new rules. They also have a one stop shop, which is very reasonably priced. Over all a very nice week

Room Tip: any room is good, but if you're a pool lover like us a pool facing room is good
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank the_eggward_muffin
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Nothing like a great holiday to invigorate one's senses! Thank you so much for taking the trouble to review your stay at your favorite holiday destination - Haathi Mahal.

I am happy my team looked after you and your family had a great time in our resort. We try to have as much activity within the resort as we can. Our recreation team put up a great show to keep our guests happy.

Yes, sun beds are always a problem this time of the year. We go on adding a few more each year - but it never seems enough! We would not like to overcrowd the pool deck area, so we have no choice but to restrict the numbers. I hope the signs work as i don't like to put too many boards around saying not to do this or do that. This is not a boarding school! I hope people understand and not reserve or block sun beds around the pool.

Thanks once again and look forward to seeing you once more.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Hathi Mahal.......a nice piece of architecture managed by well-behaved and good natured staff.
When I visited this place, I had high expectations and I was not disappointed. This is undoubtedly the best place to stay in Cavelossim.
Whenever you have an eye contact with any of the staff members, you are greeted with a smile. They are always trying to assist their customers in the best possible way.
Apart from the above, Best things about the place :
1) Very Clean and planned architecture which makes it different from others
2) More than 2 swimming pool that too maintained
3) Drinks Bar and restaurant by the Pool Side
4) Courteous Staff
5) Store to purchase goods and other important items within the resort
6) Rent-a-Byke outside the Resort
Not so good things about the place:
1) Food is average yet expensive
2) Taxi Driver Union does not allow you to hire Taxi from outside and management can't do anything
3) 20 Minutes walking from the famous Cavelossim Beach which is not so good. At least for me

Also, a Big No-No during off Season as there are very few people in South Goa and you feel that you are only couple here. very less crowded as compared to North Goa
Overall, I was satisfied with the place and a nice place if you want peace from the crowded North Goa.

Room Tip: Look for the room near the Swimming Pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for a great review on your stay at Haathi Mahal.

I am very happy you enjoyed your holiday and my team ensured a comfortable stay. I am glad you liked the resort and the facilities on offer.

Sorry you did not find our food up to your liking but we are making sincere attempts to continuously upgrade our offerings. Taxis and the distance to the beach is something i cannot help. The walk to the beach can be fun with loads of things to shop and see along the way. The 15 minute walk can seem long if it is hot.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you once more.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

After visiting North Goa a couple of times we decided to try the South and what a good choice we made.
This was the first Hotel I looked at even though I looked at a few others I just kept getting drawn back to book this one, so happy I did.
We arrived in the early hours of the morning everywhere around was closed and we were in great need of a couple of beers after a long and tiring journey, the reception staff couldn't of been more helpful and rang the Security Guard who turned up with the key for the shop and allowed us to go in and purchase anything we needed.
The Hotel is within walking distance of the beach, shops and restaurants are on the doorstep the pools are clean and the gardens well maintained, Our room was cleaned every day with fresh towels, the bed must be the comfiest bed I've ever slept in on holiday, all the staff are pleasant and can't do enough to help you the cleaner left me several animals on my bed made out of towels which I loved.
One one occasion we had friends came to see us who we're staying in North Goa and wanted to stay over I mentioned it to Vincent the Manager and with no hesitation he arranged for a put up bed in our room so they could stay with us for the night which was really appreciated (thanks again for that Vincent)
The Jamaican Inn bar was a meeting place in the evening ran by Jeremy with his local knowledge he will give you any tips you need.
We cannot make any negative comment whatsoever about this Hotel and will definitely be returning as soon as possible

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann G
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am happy my team looked after you and you had a great holiday. Nothing is ever too much for us when it comes to guest satisfaction. We try to accommodate everything to suit our guest's needs which is within our scope.

I will certainly convey your good wishes to the team , especially Vincent and Jeremy.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went for a holiday with my family to this average hotel.The food was basic,but very much over priced.The hotel was somewhat clean.What was very pleasing was the close proximity to the beautiful beach nearby.The service was quite poor.All in all,generally speaking,the building is quite nice but poorly managed.Under better management this hotel has the potential to being a good one.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the pool
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time out to review your stay at Haathi Mahal.

I am sorry to learn that your holiday was a bit up and down and you went away feeling unfulfilled. However, your review is not really specific on what exactly was wrong. Was service bad in rooms or the restaurant or by the pool side?

The price of food is something that is hard controlled. Unlike other shacks or eateries in Cavellosim we are subject to pay taxes and levies on everything. We are audited regularly and operate above board. Food cost is another factor that causes an increase in prices.

Coming to the subject of better management, i am eager to know your suggestions or better still if you gave a more detailed evaluation rather than being generic.

Thanks once again.

Grenville Dcosta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavelossim
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa

Been to Karma Royal Haathi Mahal? Share your experiences!