We stayed at HI 4th to 17th February this year.As this was our 10th time you would think we would be getting tired of the hotel and location.Not a bit of it.From the moment we arrived to our departure it was absolute bliss.Over the years we have seen quite a few changes and it just keeps getting better.Our room was comfortable and spotlessly clean with a wall mounted flat screen t.v., fridge, free bottled water and toiletries.
Breakfast was great.My husband loved the porrige and omelettes whie I usually had the flavoured yoghurt and some croissants and jam.The choice was excellent with many cooked dishes as well as fruit and cereals.The boys who served the tea and coffee were so friendly and helpful, especially Joeson whe fetched my husband a lovely cup of filter coffee most mornings.I must also mention Edwin, Malvin and Tyson who were all very helpful.
We only ate breakfast in the hotel and usually used Sam's shack or the restaurants in Cavelossim.Joe's Rivercove Restaurant on the ferry road deserves a special mention both for the food and service.There is live music three times a week and the restaurant is easily reached by taxi.This restaurant overlooks the River Sal and if you cross the road from the HI you can book at Bettys Restaurant both for a meal and a trip on Bettys boat.The trip takes you out to Sea to see the dolphins then back up the river Sal to see the fruit bats and lots of different birdlife.The boat is then moored and you will have a lovely meal of garlic prawns and warm bread, followed by kingfish steakswith rice and saladand for dessert ther is fresh fruit salad.The drinks flow freely all day whether you prefer beer, spirits or soft drinks.Try the Old Monk rum.
Octimas restaurant in Cavelossim is very good for food although we found the service rather slow this year.Fatima always takes time to talk to diners and is a lovely lady.the loos are said to be the cleanest in Goa.
The Mango Tree is a new restaurant in Cavelossim and we had some good food there although it is a bit dearer than other restaurants.That said I thoroughly enjoyed my steak and on our second visit my huband had the cottage pie with vegetables which he said was deliciousAs I said previously we ate in Sam's shach a lot .The food is always good and the service quick and friendly.A special mention to Francis,Deo,Ganesh, Ramesh and omigosh the new waiter whose name has gone out of my head.If you go please say hello to them all from us.Don't forget party night at the shackwhich was on a Friday but I know they were thinking of changing this to a Thursday.There are fireworks, dancing and some live entertainment.A great night.
We had superb service at the hotel and on our Wedding Anniversary we had a lovely chocolate cake delivered to our room.I think this was the work ofJjune Gonsalves or Benita and was a lovely surprise.We are already booked for next year.It is really a fantastic hote and location.Go and you won't be disappointed just be warned that you will want to return time and time again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the picturesque Mobor beach in South Goa with direct beach access. The Holiday Inn Resort Goa offers hotel accommodation that is a unique blend of traditional Goan and contemporary architecture. Situated 45 minutes away from the Dabolim International Airport and just 17km from the Margao Railway Station the resort is ideally located for a relaxing and fun filled Vacation in Goa. Our 203 rooms and suites offer comfort and serenity combined with modern amenities with an option of a garden view pool view or sea view with attached balconies. When travelling for a family retreat take advantage of the game room kids playground and activity zone or just unwind at the outdoor pool and revitalize at the Spa Villa offering multiple ayurvedic treatments.Experience a choice of Indian and International cuisines at Mardi Gras Our 24 hour Coffee shop. Rediscover the ethnic flavors of the Far East at the exquisite Whispers of the Orient or try out our wood fired pizzas at the Mediterranean restaurant Fig and Olive. The lobby level bar Sun Downer offers a relaxing view of the Goan sunset or have an exciting evening at our beach side restaurant Beach Grill offering a huge selection of freshly caught fish cooked to perfection. Organize your special wedding day, corporate retreats or productive meetings at the Holiday Inn Resort Goa, offering the largest ballroom at 5065 sq ft and able to accommodate up to 800 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Holiday Inn Goa
- Holiday Inn Cavelossim
- Cavelossim Holiday Inn
- Goa Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel Goa
- Holiday Inn Resort Goa Cavelossim