“Great Place”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cavelossim
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Great Place”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The resort is little far from airport, still its a great place. Nice people, nice atmosphere. Liked very much. Try to book with all in one option, includes, all meals, airport pickups etc. Also you will get rented bikes, in front of the hotel for short trips, which really helped in my case.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Gurgaon
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Would have given 5 rating except for 1 major and a few minor incidents - Basically pertaining to empoyee attitude (something is seriously missing there!). We checked in on 15-Jun and out on 19-Jun. With 2 kids for family vacation. Food is good most of the times. When the crowd size goes up it can become a tad challenging for the staff there. Look for pool facing rooms on the ground floor. Monsoon magic of Goa can be enjoyed thoroughly here. Room quality is wanting - nothing glaringly missing - just regular maintenance kind of a thing. Pool is fantastic fun. Walk to the beach is very nice. Other facilities like the spa are also good. Check in was smooth. Value for money stay with the family coming back happy. Decent packages are given by the hotel if you are able to bag one.

Now to some misses -
1. Pick up bus from airport needs to improve. Waiting even for 20-30 minutes adds to misery esp when with family.
2. Staff checking us in did not know whether mini bar is complementary or not (Sachin).
3. Check-out was messed up (Tejaswi & Neha) - only after some calls were they able to resolve - till such point they were only stubborn.

Major incident: In Mardi Gras restaurant servers tend to pick up the plates even when the person is sitting on the table - they are to ask before touching the plate ALWAYS (informed this to Mr. Prasad - Manager). One server tracked my sons plate and asked him to finish the chicken and not waste it. We let it go. He then asks my son when he is alone whether he finished the chicken or not. When my 13 yr old son ignores him he says "Hello - I am talking to you (in Hindi)" - When my son told me this I went berserk and had to follow this chain of command as I persisted (I guess, reaching the PM of India may have been easier ...) - Debi Prasad (server) --> Manoj (Haughty floor manager - his key worry was why are we getting worked up - while Debi prasad was smirking - I wiped it off with a nice rebutt) --> Soumitra (some manager - kept finding it funny and nearly laughing till I admonished him - zero service attitude) --> Rahul (understood the seriousness, but was unable to give me the GM's number as it was after 9PM) --> Rishi (talked on phone and met the next day and kept apologizing, even offered a lunch - we politely refused).

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms on the ground floor preferred.
10 Thank shangs39
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Deliberated a lot on choice of hotels, but I am really happy that I chose Holiday Inn Goa. While many have rated on individual aspects, but I would prefer rate the overall experience, which was superb - room, stay, food, the exteriors, pool and the best - BEACH.

Very courteous staff, high on energy and always ready to reach out to guests needs. Only aspect that I thought called for a improvement was the half day sight seeing tour, which I personally did not enjoy much, and I informed the travel desk about the same.

But that should not take away from the overall experience that we had at Holiday Inn Goa, and would like to thank the entire staff, for that. The responses to my queries were very prompt, the checkins was very efficient.

Great vacation

Room Tip: Take good books and dont opt for the sight seeing trips - the hotel has enough of good stuff that yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Very recently visited this property from 10-13 Jun. In all we were a group of 8 (with 3 kids), so here is a first hand count of my experience with this hotel.
Airport/Station Transfers: A mini bus (tempo traveller) was send to the railway station & a bus used for airport drop off. Either of the mode of transport was below standard for a 5 star property.
Checkin: Smooth, we reached @ 12PM & were promptly assited by the front desk. There were a lot of check-ins at the same time but I felt adequately attended.
Rooms: Garden view, non smoking. Clean & well equipped. The room was to my taste & it provided a beautiful view of the garden. The complementary wine bottle definately needs an upgrade, some unknown brand of local wine. Here I must say, the bell boy should have given a brief of the room services, facilities available etc. Typically how it happens in most 5 stars, than leaving it as "figure it yourself".
Food: We had an all meal package. I could see only 2 resturant's operational by the pool side. One with buffet & the other was coastal cusiene. We stuck to the buffet, & soon started skipping a meal or two as the food quality is just average. The spread is good, but I hated that they kept refurbshing the fish dishes. Dry lemon butter fish for lunch...dry pepper fish for dinner & so on. So no wastage, all unused dishes land on your plate for the next meal! I agree to another reviews point that they should issue meal vouchers if you opt out of the buffet.
Swimming Pool: Large with a separate kids pool. Well maintained & clean.
Beach: Kept very clean. The hotel staff & a govt. employee clean up the beach daily. There are lifegards & hotel security throughout during the operational hours.
Gym: Limited equipments. But that's fine as not many people holiday to execise ;-).
Overall Property: Is fairly huge & it's a lovely stroll from the rooms to the beach. Something you would like to do as many times as possible. There is a tennis court & volley ball court as well.
Kids Activity Room: A thoughtful touch to keep children engaged. The lady managing this place is very courteous & gels along with kids in no time.
Service: Very Average. So no one smiles or greets you, on the hallway, reception, resturant etc. Call room service & they sound grouchy. Usually take 10-15 mins before someone fullfil your request.
To sum it up, a value for money destination & a good property with loads of options to explore.

2 Thank Dipayan_Nag
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at this facility from 8th June, 2013 till 11th June 2013 and was on all inclusive package.

First the good parts about the stay:
- Location: Its right next to sea and access is very good.
- Rooms: Clean, Spacious and pleasant
- Pool: Quite big and both Adults as well as Kids can enjoy.

Now the not so good parts:
- Service: This is one area that can make or break the experience of the holiday. Holiday Inn Goa Staff lack the service part on all fronts - Security, Front Desk, Bell Desk, Room Service.

I was made to wait for 1 hour before the room was allocated. I was clearly told by Holiday Inn Folks who handled the booking that checkin was at 13:00. After reaching the resort by 13:00, I was told that the checkin was always 14:00. The first room (my preference) allocated was reeking with tobacco smoke and I couldn't even enter the room. The second room was allocated, which, though was not the preferred choice, but was good.

When umbrella is requested, guests should not be made to fill multiple forms / ledgers / registers. Also, Bell Desk is supposed to take care of luggage and not mix it up, given that we are asked to keep our luggage in the front porch for a good period of one hour. Also, on our way back, Bell Desk folks mixed up someone else's luggage with ours, which we could identify on the spot and ensure it goes to right owner.

When we order something from room service, we know perfectly well that it'll be charged. We needn't be rudely informed that it'll be charged to the room.

- Food: After two meals in the fixed menu affair, the food becomes monotonous and boring. In addition, hotel does not offer a credit system if we do not want to have the same old buffet and try out something in their other restaurants. Breakfast is OK though.

- Mixing up of Private Function with Regular Hotel guests: While, its a good thing that hotel offers its facilities for private functions like marriages, the hotel management should ensure that the celebrations are not too loud and does not affect other guests at the hotel. We were greeted with an ear splitting noise when we arrived and we were not able to listen to what the staff was saying even when the talking distance was close to a feet. All the staff did was to cut a helpless face when asked abut the noise.

Based on my experience, I would not recommend this facility.

Room Tip: If any funciton is in progress, avoid pool area and rooms near pool. They get quite noisy.
3 Thank sumanths08
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Goa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear sumanths08,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. We are pleased to note that you liked our convenient location and we are delighted that you found our rooms to be comfortable and nice.

I was disappointed to hear that we were unable to give you the typical high level of service which our brand is known for. Our objective is to always provide the best guest experience and ensure the highest level of service across all areas and I regret that we have failed to deliver on this occasion. We truly apologize that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pune, India
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We got one of the monsoon package deals for our family of 7 which was good value for money, The stay and all meals were included. The hotel is nice, facilities are not very luxurious but are good, comfy rooms, lovely large gardens, a decent gym, nice spa, etc. They have a nice private beach too though we couldn't make the most of it in the rains. What stood out most was the excellent service... from the front desk, housekeeping staff, room service, breakfast chefs, to just about everyone. The staff is always ready to help and is happy to accomodate any special requests. The only low point was that for the first 2 days the pool was filled with noisy crowd from a big wedding party... a second pool away from all the kids and noise would have made the property just perfect... The breakfast spread was good and the omlettes were super but I felt it wasn't really a 5 star spread there could have been a lot more continental options. A cart for travel between the rooms and the main buildings would have been helpful for old people to get around.

Room Tip: Take the rooms in cottages that are not a part of the main building.
Mumbai
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very good private beach, green lawns, pool, sports facility. Lovely place for family holiday. Excellent hospitality given by staff, very courteous & helping. good food. Old property but nicely maintained. Poor selection of places in sight seeing trip. Could improve children activity zone. Need to have a shop for things like regular medicine, moisturiser, sun screen...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavelossim
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
Taj Exotica Goa
#1 of 14 in Benaulim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Caravela Beach Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Goa? Share your experiences!