We stayed for 4 nights over the New Year period 2012/3 and had a superb time. Looks like everyone else has sung its praises and given overall impressions of the resort, so I'll keep this objective. We would have marked this a 5 rating but the reason we gave it 4 can be seen below.
The things we liked were
breakfasts - great dosa
cocktail demo at the Fig & Olive restaurant
egrets coming up close at the beachside Fish Grill
poolside games (fun beer drinking competition)
superb cocktails at the Fig & Olive - best mojito ever (up to that point)
Things we didn't like
Having to wait for an hour for our main course at the Fish Grill because the waiter had misunderstood our order. To be fair when we were there subsequently, they did seem to make sure our order was OK.
The worst mojito ever at the inside bar upstairs by reception - nothing like the one we had at the Fish Grill
The fact that drinks seemed to be at different prices depending on which bar you were at. Kinfisher for example was about half as much again in the Fig & Olive compared to the Fish Grill.
We can (mostly) forgive all these things and we woudl have given it a 5 rating except for what now follows.....
What we hated was
the absolutely ridiculous wi fi charges. I've mentioned this in other reviews about places we've stayed in India. Some charge for wi fi and some don't but the Holiday Inn had the highest prices we experienced during our trip and this is not a per-room charge, it's per device. On this basis unless they changed their wifi policy we would not stay there again.
Although we liked the place, you are in a very sanitised environment and if that's what you want from a Goa beach resort then that's fine. The south of Goa is much quieter than the north and the beach outside the hotel goes on for miles in either direction with only a very few bars on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the picturesque Mobor beach in South Goa with direct beach access. The Holiday Inn Resort Goa offers hotel accommodation that is a unique blend of traditional Goan and contemporary architecture. Situated 45 minutes away from the Dabolim International Airport and just 17km from the Margao Railway Station the resort is ideally located for a relaxing and fun filled Vacation in Goa. Our 203 rooms and suites offer comfort and serenity combined with modern amenities with an option of a garden view pool view or sea view with attached balconies. When travelling for a family retreat take advantage of the game room kids playground and activity zone or just unwind at the outdoor pool and revitalize at the Spa Villa offering multiple ayurvedic treatments.Experience a choice of Indian and International cuisines at Mardi Gras Our 24 hour Coffee shop. Rediscover the ethnic flavors of the Far East at the exquisite Whispers of the Orient or try out our wood fired pizzas at the Mediterranean restaurant Fig and Olive. The lobby level bar Sun Downer offers a relaxing view of the Goan sunset or have an exciting evening at our beach side restaurant Beach Grill offering a huge selection of freshly caught fish cooked to perfection. Organize your special wedding day, corporate retreats or productive meetings at the Holiday Inn Resort Goa, offering the largest ballroom at 5065 sq ft and able to accommodate up to 800 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, IHG, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Holiday Inn Goa
- Holiday Inn Cavelossim
- Cavelossim Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel Goa
- Goa Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Goa Cavelossim