“Secluded paradise.”
Review of Bamboo House Goa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavelossim
Bamboo House Goa
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Bamboo House in south Goa is a seculded paradise like no other place in this area. The staff here provide excellent support, providing just the right level of attention. You pretty much have your own private beach here with the Blue Whale Beach Shack providing superb food and drink. You quickly find yourself enjoying the closeness to nature, the superb quiet of the night and the amazing starscape.

If you are tired of big resorts and feel like staying in a seculded eco hut paradise, look no further.

Room Tip: Beach Hut 5 gets an unblocked breeze from the sea, perhaps others do too, but we stayed there and lo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 9, 2013

If you are looking for a comfortable staying in the middle of the nature, Bamboo House is the right choice. The bungalow are simply amazing all made out of bamboo but with all the comfort inside. The beach is not crowded and very clean with some beds complimentary. The staff is very kind a and always available to provide info and suggestion on how to discover the surrounding. We hired a scooter and we roamed around discovering wonderful places and beaches.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank remobass
amarbedi, Owner at Bamboo House Goa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Bamboo House Goa.

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share the experience of your stay through Trip Advisor. I am delighted to receive your encouraging review and indeed glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The team at Bamboo House Goa strives hard to extend sincere hospitality to all our guests and ensures that they are comfortable throughout their stay with us. I am happy that we were successful in extending the same experience to you.

Thank you once again for your detailed feedback and strong recommendation. We look forward to welcome you back again.

Best personal regards,

Amar

Owner

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Our family stayed at the Bamboo house on a 3 nights / 4 days holiday. We found the property very eco friendly, rustic and close to nature. The cottages were all bamboo - true to its name!, comfortable and with all basic amenities. It did get hot in the noon, but bearable. An air conditioner or pedestal fan may be needed in peak summers. The beach is very private, the sea very safe for even kids to play in. Amar and his staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The beach side restaurant serves good food (to be paid separately) including some Goan food. The staff helped arrange our dolphin spotting and sightseeing trips and we absolutely had no hassles with these. The highlight of this property is its access to the beach, which is quite beautiful and no crowd at all. We really had a great time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NSajith
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my family, two girls 5,6 years, for 5 days.
We wanted to try a different type of holiday, a more simple and closer to nature instead of the big resorts.
All in all we thought it was a nice place. The owner Amar was extremely friendly and very easy to talk to. He made us feel very welcomed. He had two dogs, very nice and calm, that our girls adored.
The place is situated at a most beautiful and clean beach! At the end of the beach, which means practically no other people! Really really nice!
Huts made of bamboo, great beds! Very simple interiour, but ok. You can hear everything around you at night, which means even whisper! The huts dont take any sound. So yes could hear a lot of what was happening in the other huts....:-) and vice versa I guess.
Restaurant on the beach made nice food, really good spring rolls. Food is not included in price, not even breakfast. You eat all meals at that restaurant, which means outdoor in the sand unless you go elsewhere for dinner.
There were LOADS AND LOADS of sandflies, and we got bitten really bad! We spend most of our time on the beach, and the flies would be there all day! This actually ruined some of the holiday.
There is no AC in the huts, only fans but the temperature still gets pretty high, so we had a hard time adjusting to the weather and to get our bodies cooled off.
Cleaning of the hut was so so...I think they only swiped the floor and changed towels.
Would say it is a nice place to visit if not for the sandflies and the missing ac.
This is simple and no extras...but you dont pay much.
I would suggest to mention on the webside that there are dogs running around, as not all guests like dogs. I meet two guests where I had to keep the dogs away from them.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Mokkasanne
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Everything about Bamboo House was perfect. The taxi picked me up from the airport at the right time, my room was clean and attractive and I slept very soundly every night for a week. I was worried when I first arrived that I might be bored staying alone in a seaside place with few resources available. However, that was not the case. I had two day trips at a very reasonable cost that I thoroughly enjoyed, and I took got some great photos of wildlife, people, boats, sunsets etc. The beach was quiet, as it was still not fully the holiday season and that was a treat for me. I loved the peace, with the sound of the sea and the bird song, and although it took me a while to change my pace to slow, slow, slow, I really didn't want to leave at the end. I ate every evening at the Blue Whale Shack on site, it was great food and nothing was too much trouble for the staff generally. I was going on to a conference and needed clean washing, it was done efficiently and well. I really hope I get to go back to this beautiful, special place, I would love to share it with all my friends and family!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are the same, although some are closer to the sea.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a great stay in the Bamboo house, the first week of October. From the beginning we were a bit hesistating because the season not really started yet, but it turned out to be actually perfect! The houses are beautifully furnished, and very comfortable including the luxury bathrooms. Owner of this place was very friendly and relaxed. The Blue whale shack which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner was not yet build up at the sea (it was at the front), nevertheless we enjoyed here almost every day the delious catch of the day! Rique, the owner, was very friendly and happy to tell us all tips and stories of the fishermen place of Mobor beach.
I would absolutely recommened this place if you prefer something more authentique than the big resorts/hotels you'll find along Cavalossim beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
amarbedi, Owner at Bamboo House Goa, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

It is always an honour and pleasure to ave guests like you. THANK you so much and hope to see you soon !!!!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Bamboo House Goa stands out among the dozen 5-star resorts in the Mobor-Cavelossim area, due to its unique mix of luxury and serenity. With a few odd bamboo cottages scattered in a plot with River Sal on one side and picture-perfect beach on the other-side, Bamboo House is sure to win your heart the moment you step in. The cottages are comfortable with required modern amenities. Special mention to the softest mattresses I have experienced till now.

We were a couple, and stayed there for 2 nights.We enjoyed the luxury of the private beach, and the walk-able distance to Leela Kempinski's private beach and restaurant area. The staff was very friendly, and helpful. We had hired a bike from Margao, hence commute was not an issue. A lot of beaches are few hours drive, and you can make day trips to these places. Do ensure you have your commute plans ready, otherwise it will be difficult to reach the place. If you just want to laze around, you can do that too at the Blue Whale Shack.
South Goa is hell of place to be, and Bamboo house Goa made it even better! Go for it :)

Room Tip: Sometimes in the nights the smell of fish comes on from the river-side, so better to choose a room t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SwagatikaP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavelossim
2 mi away
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
#5 of 10 in Cavelossim

Been to Bamboo House Goa? Share your experiences!