“A holiday in nature” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bamboo House Goa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavelossim
Bamboo House Goa
“A holiday in nature”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my family, two girls 5,6 years, for 5 days.
We wanted to try a different type of holiday, a more simple and closer to nature instead of the big resorts.
All in all we thought it was a nice place. The owner Amar was extremely friendly and very easy to talk to. He made us feel very welcomed. He had two dogs, very nice and calm, that our girls adored.
The place is situated at a most beautiful and clean beach! At the end of the beach, which means practically no other people! Really really nice!
Huts made of bamboo, great beds! Very simple interiour, but ok. You can hear everything around you at night, which means even whisper! The huts dont take any sound. So yes could hear a lot of what was happening in the other huts....:-) and vice versa I guess.
Restaurant on the beach made nice food, really good spring rolls. Food is not included in price, not even breakfast. You eat all meals at that restaurant, which means outdoor in the sand unless you go elsewhere for dinner.
There were LOADS AND LOADS of sandflies, and we got bitten really bad! We spend most of our time on the beach, and the flies would be there all day! This actually ruined some of the holiday.
There is no AC in the huts, only fans but the temperature still gets pretty high, so we had a hard time adjusting to the weather and to get our bodies cooled off.
Cleaning of the hut was so so...I think they only swiped the floor and changed towels.
Would say it is a nice place to visit if not for the sandflies and the missing ac.
This is simple and no extras...but you dont pay much.
I would suggest to mention on the webside that there are dogs running around, as not all guests like dogs. I meet two guests where I had to keep the dogs away from them.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Mokkasanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Everything about Bamboo House was perfect. The taxi picked me up from the airport at the right time, my room was clean and attractive and I slept very soundly every night for a week. I was worried when I first arrived that I might be bored staying alone in a seaside place with few resources available. However, that was not the case. I had two day trips at a very reasonable cost that I thoroughly enjoyed, and I took got some great photos of wildlife, people, boats, sunsets etc. The beach was quiet, as it was still not fully the holiday season and that was a treat for me. I loved the peace, with the sound of the sea and the bird song, and although it took me a while to change my pace to slow, slow, slow, I really didn't want to leave at the end. I ate every evening at the Blue Whale Shack on site, it was great food and nothing was too much trouble for the staff generally. I was going on to a conference and needed clean washing, it was done efficiently and well. I really hope I get to go back to this beautiful, special place, I would love to share it with all my friends and family!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are the same, although some are closer to the sea.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a great stay in the Bamboo house, the first week of October. From the beginning we were a bit hesistating because the season not really started yet, but it turned out to be actually perfect! The houses are beautifully furnished, and very comfortable including the luxury bathrooms. Owner of this place was very friendly and relaxed. The Blue whale shack which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner was not yet build up at the sea (it was at the front), nevertheless we enjoyed here almost every day the delious catch of the day! Rique, the owner, was very friendly and happy to tell us all tips and stories of the fishermen place of Mobor beach.
I would absolutely recommened this place if you prefer something more authentique than the big resorts/hotels you'll find along Cavalossim beach.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
amarbedi, Owner at Bamboo House Goa, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
It is always an honour and pleasure to ave guests like you. THANK you so much and hope to see you soon !!!!
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Bamboo House Goa stands out among the dozen 5-star resorts in the Mobor-Cavelossim area, due to its unique mix of luxury and serenity. With a few odd bamboo cottages scattered in a plot with River Sal on one side and picture-perfect beach on the other-side, Bamboo House is sure to win your heart the moment you step in. The cottages are comfortable with required modern amenities. Special mention to the softest mattresses I have experienced till now.

We were a couple, and stayed there for 2 nights.We enjoyed the luxury of the private beach, and the walk-able distance to Leela Kempinski's private beach and restaurant area. The staff was very friendly, and helpful. We had hired a bike from Margao, hence commute was not an issue. A lot of beaches are few hours drive, and you can make day trips to these places. Do ensure you have your commute plans ready, otherwise it will be difficult to reach the place. If you just want to laze around, you can do that too at the Blue Whale Shack.
South Goa is hell of place to be, and Bamboo house Goa made it even better! Go for it :)

Room Tip: Sometimes in the nights the smell of fish comes on from the river-side, so better to choose a room t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SwagatikaP
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was only supposed to stay one night at bamboo house goa. I ended up staying 4 nights. The staff treated you family and went out of their way to assist you in every way. The arranged day trips, transport and where very knowledgable of the area. It's a family friendly business which allows the workers to bring their children which is unique to India. You can watch the sun set on a quiet section of the beach enjoying freshly made meals and beers. I highly recommend the spring rolls. The rooms are cosy and great value for price. I would stay here again no questions asked.

Room Tip: Eco friendly rooms come with a fan so get up early and make the most of your day then enjoy the afte...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AnnabellnLauren
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I purchased a stay at this place on a whim through groupon....I am so glad I did. It is somewhat off the beaten path, but well worth the visit. The cottages are basic, but very well done, the staff is great- pretty invisible, but there when you need them! The property is BEAUTIFUL!! All you hear is the ocean and the cacophony of birds starting at 5 am!! The attached restaurant is wonderful, with fresh, made to order seafood every day. The ONLY drawback is this- the property is situated on the beach, but they do not have beach services - seating, food and beverages, etc. I went at the end of the tourist season which means the place was pretty dead, but since all I wanted to do was lie on the beach, IT WAS GREAT!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mia b
Crewe, Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night after Betty's Boat trip, Had a great stay, The beds are so comfortable!! The Huts are on the beach with the Blue Whale shack on site serving gorgeous food and sunbeds available if you want to be away from all the other shacks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank missleanne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavelossim
The Leela Goa
#7 of 37 in Salcette District
Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
#5 of 10 in Cavelossim

Been to Bamboo House Goa? Share your experiences!