“Wonderful place and wonderful memories”
Review of Bamboo House Goa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavelossim
Bamboo House Goa
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We had a truly wonderful time at the Bamboo House. It is in the most beautiful setting, alongside a river, with the sea in front. The accommodation is comfortable and clean and the area very peaceful. The staff were lovely, extremely helpful and very accessible. On leaving for a train journey I realised I'd forgotten my passport so the owner drove out to the station to bring it to me ... you couldn't ask for more. A great holiday that has left many wonderful memories.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank mary64002
There are newer reviews for Bamboo House Goa

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is a lovely place to unwind. Quiet beach to wander on and beautiful sunsets. The Bamboo huts are most comfortable and the Blue Whale has good food and wonderful fresh juices. The staff could not be more helpful. We shall certainly be back.
Anne T

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I don't know where to start; the location? the value? the food? the service? This hotel has it all. Firstly I was impressed by the speedy reply I had regarding my reservation request, then the fact that no credit card details were required to confirm the reservation...on arrival it just got better. The location is perfect- a stretch of deserted beach next to the river and a traditional fishing village. The beach restaurant- The Blue Whale serves great food at all hours, including fish, freshly caught and bought from the local fishermen.
Rooms/cabins are comfortable and the sea breeze means that the fans provided are rarely needed. The eco concept makes you feel good about staying here. As an animal lover I was heartened by the attitude the staff had to the beach dogs....they were kind to them and the manager sends the puppies to the local animal sanctuary to be rehomed. If you love animals take wormers and defleaing products or do as I did buy them locally ..I spent my time caring for a litter of puppies which just added more fun to my daily routine.
I can't praise this hotel enough and when you pay the bill your enjoyment will be doubled. The value is excellent.

Room Tip: All the cabins are similar- nearer the beach is best but the gardens are lovely so walking a few ext...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Hello everyone,
A year after our marriage we thought to go for a second honeymoon and the only place we had thought to go was Goa. We've never been to goa until 9th March 2012. Since it was our first visit, i had started making plans and reviewing the stay options a month ago itself.
It was a 3 days trip, and we spent first 2 days in North goa involved with all chaotic stuff like sports, shopping, sightseeing etc. And after wrapping that all up we came to Bamboo house which is situated in Mobor.
I was with my wife and we were both mesmerized to look at such a beautiful and well organized establishment. The cottage was made all in bamboo and although equipped with all basic amenities. The air ventilation was very good and it appeared that the staff had worked well with repect to the interior upkeep before we checked in. However, the fan was not cleaned and hence was not working at its optimum. The lunch at the shack near the house was awesome but was little expensive, however worthy. We were disappointed with the fact that the shack admin was paying great attention to the foreigner and less to the indians. We request Amardeep/Aman to pass our message to them. At night, though i was little afraid for the fact that it is mere a hut with no robust security, nothing undesired happened. Thanks Amardeep for guaranting safety at Bamboo house, without which we wouldn't have thought to make up our mind.

With all the pleasant experience, we also underwent considerable inconvinience. The fact that the mangement doesn't accept card payment really screwed up our evening. We had to walk more then 3 kms to reach an ATM to withdraw money to pay the rent. The road between the stay till the small bus stop is very long,bad and had no street lights. I would not recommend this stay for someone who don't rent a bike during the stay, because the transportation in that area is really pathetic and the available options are indeed expensive, except the bus which goes out of action after 7pm, when someone usually needs it.I wish the management should have arranged a bike for the occupants atleast for an emergency.

Pros :
1) Beautiful garden
2) Close to a quiet beach
3) Excellent bathroom fittings
4) Photogenic scene

Cons:
1) Remote location
2) Bad Transport facility specially in the evening
3) No card payment.
4) Only one tower Fan that too unserviced.

Thanks,
Hiraman

Room Tip: Carry sufficient cash with you for rent. Rent a bike if you have plans to move around the place.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hiraman S
Reviewed March 17, 2012

what a fabulous little place this is!!
If you get the opportunity, this is seriously somewhere you have to stay if getting away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life is your aim. Clean and tidy and very peaceful, no screaming kids or noices of tourists to contend with. This location is one of the best I have been to in Goa and the 10 'Shacks" are for me the antithesis of the perfect Goan getaway... Do yourself a favour, and get yourself there as quickly as you can! You will not be disappointed!!.

You can do lot of things while staying here, Beach sports, water rides, surfing and deep diving. This part of beach is really clean as compared to whole goa. You can watch dolphins early morning they will come very near to this beach.

You will hit the Jackpot, if owner will be there during the time of your visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Animesh S
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We have been to this place in Feb 2012.As we have seen in the website it was exactly as I dreamt of..Even though it was a family trip with my mother,sister,myself and my husband,we all loved the place very much becoz of the unique Eco-friendly style..Its really surrounded by nature,birds,far from rest of the world,which is situated at the end of the Mobor beach.We loved this place becoz it was isolated from the rest of the places,in a lonely beach.Amenities are basic which goes well with the Eco-friendly nature,however it was very clean and airy and just natural and we suggest Bamboo house to retain the same quality of service and cleanliness even in the future.

However in this forum I have seen that few has issues like there are no AC,TV etc etc...but I would like to say as the name suggest and as the website suggest that it is a Eco-friendly accommodation we should not be expecting those facilities here( like other Luxurious hotels) knowing the uniqueness of the place.If anyone who prefer to spend time in rooms with TV,AC,swimming pool etc..this is not the place for you and rather you should prefer to stay in some good hotel or resorts.Also for your information there are no shops,markets etc nearby.But there are water sports available in jus 5 mins walk-able distance in this beach itself.Hence you should be clear in your mind what you want...

People who love to be in nature,in a isolated world,and wanna lost themselves in nature and who r happy to have those basic Bamboo house facilities this is the right place for you.

Would request the owner to maintain the same unique Eco-friendly nature and not to change the way (Eco-friendly Bamboo house)anytime in future becoz of the complaints of many people who doesn't understand or value this place for what it meant to be..

Also the Manager Aman was quite helpful and well behaved...

However one request to the Blue -whale restaurant- Food was little costly and basic for Indian standard.Taste was ok but can be better as we have tasted in many places in these kind of restaurants in Goa,however sea food or other dishes can taste much better as it tasted.So kinda we were not so happy with the taste of the food and the price.If the taste,varieties and price all goes well its the best place for me and my family.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We returned for our second stay in the Bamboo cottages in February 2012 and they are just as picturesque as we remembered them!
Situated behind the Blue Whale shack, the little oasis collection of Bamboo cottages offers classy beach accomodation, cunningly constructed (from Bamboo of course) and simply but stylishly furnished. We only stayed for one night; to enjoy the sunset at the lonely end of Mobor Beach, the night stars away from the bright lights of Cavelossim and to get up early to watch a magical dawn at the mouth of the Sal. In between time, we enjoyed great food at the Blue Whale, courtesy of Roque and Kauser and a good nights sleep in the cottages airy room, under a comforting mosquito net, in a nice big bed.
A great little place to stay, away from the bustle of the resort towns of Goa.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have the same facilities, but go for the ones closest to the beach for the view
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavelossim
The Leela Goa
Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
#4 of 10 in Cavelossim
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa

Been to Bamboo House Goa? Share your experiences!