“Helpful staff and very nice guesthouse.”

Veeniola Holiday Home
Ranked #3 of 12 Cavelossim B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here for 6 days in October.

I don’t think you can get anything better in the area for this price and the rooms were very clean. Charlie the owner is a very nice chap and pops in every night.

Claudia who works reception and seems to be the manager was extremely helpful and even went out of her way to help us sort out train and bus tickets for excursions, she also helped with bike rental.

The restaurant attached is run independently but the two seem to work very closely together. Lenny who runs the restaurant was also extremely helpful and the food was very nice and competitively priced. They even cooked stuff for us which wasn’t on the menu and sorted out early breakfasts/late dinners on some occasions. Have a chat with him if you want something in particular, he even got us fresh seafood from the market upon request! (We just had to let him know a day in avance).

The guesthouse itself is a bit of a walk away from the beach but on the plus side the area is very quiet and calm. Plus I would say it would make sense to get a motorbike or scooter wherever you stay in any case so you can explore a bit further than just on foot.

All in all I would highly recommend this place and would definitely stay there again the next time we visit Goa.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D V

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was here 5 nights and totally loved my stay. Even though its a bit inside, its still worth staying here. The neighborhood is very calm, 10-15 min walk from beach. Small Restaurant downstairs serves you tasty food.
If you do not have much luggage, take a bus at Margoa KTC bus stand towards
1. Cavelosim : Get down at Carmona Area, Zalor beach road. Walk 2 kms
2. Fatrade : Get down at Zalor beach and few minutes walk from there. [Less frequency]

Staff are very helpful and Wifi available in public places.

if you are looking for a peaceful stay in South Goa, this is a best option.
Note: Only Airtel, Idea have good signal at this place. Prepare accordingly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had been to Cavelossium on a long weekend and stayed at Veeniola based on the trip advisor reviews. I must say that I was thoroughly impressed by the cleanliness and the hospitality that the host Claudia has offered us. I had booked for 2 days but had to cut short for single day. She adjusted me to a superior room with balcony with adjusting the differnce. They also helped us to rent an activa and the break fast was delicious. I would recommend to stay at easy for a day or two after partying in North Goa.

Room Tip: Room on the first floor with balcony are nice
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We recently stayed here for three weeks. It was our second time at the Veeniola this year. I can only echo the good things said about the guest house.
The rooms are large and immaculately clean with a constant supply of hot water. Everybody here made us feel very much at home. The food and service in the restaurant is very good. Nothing is too much trouble.
We have booked to come back next year for a longer period of time and are already looking forward to it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marion F
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Neat & peaceful establishment in South Goa. Was here only for a night with 3 friends in 2 rooms - so my review will be limited.

+ves: Neat & clean, very courteous lady at the reception & who I believe owns the place (I may be wrong), walkable distance from the beach (which is a gorgeous one compared to the ones in the Northern side), have an in-house restaurant but I didn’t have a chance to make use of it.

-ves: If you are planning a boisterous Goan holiday bash - This is NOT the place for you. This place caters to a lot of foreigners who (IMHO) value the calm & privacy of south Goa (Which was not a problem for me as it was exactly what I was looking forward to as well.)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank javs7890
Reviewed May 5, 2013

For some particular I was to visit goa n look for an accommodation in this area. Not wanting to spend a lot but still looking for a clean place, I shortlisted Veeniola. And I'm glad I did soi.
The booking was done over the phone after a word with the manager Claudia and then the owner Charles. I offered to transfer money to confirm the booking but being a weekend it cudnt be done n I was reaching on Monday. Charles agreed to book me which was comforting.
I'd booked a room with balcony n aircon. On arrival at 7am Claudia informed us that our room was still occupied and gave us another room to freshen up. This room was on the ground floor and didn't have a balcony or aircon or tv. However i was surprised to see how clean this room was. The cleanliness really bowled me over n I was mighty impressed.
We then had bfast in the mean time. Eggs n toast n fresh orange n watermelon juice. The best homemade juice id had n the eggs were a treat too.
We got our actual room at 11 am. Again this was absolutely clean. I must mention that the bathrooms in this b&b are probably the cleanest ive seen. You could compare the cleanliness to a big 5 star. And they are well done as well. Bright n blue.
The room itself was very clean. The bed sheets, pillow covers, towels etc were all fresh.
A small tv with all possible channels.
The balcony is good if u want to sit out. Our balcony was on the east of the building n facing a few coconut trees. Since it was pretty hot, v didnt use it much. But id prefer the rooms in the front facing the road and the open fields. Since the road has nil traffic, its quiet.
The aircon seemed new. And there was hot water always.
The restaurant has abt 6 tables. V saw all the guests having bfast there. Reasonably priced. We didnt try anything else except bfst since we were alwaz occupied elsewhere. But id definitely try next time. The restaurant also has a cute bar which looked stocked.
Rented a bike from Charles which was pretty convenient.
The second day i'd requested claudia to get the room cleaned but when we returned in the night it wasnt. This kind of disappointed me. But wen the room was cleaned the next day, I was again impressed coz it was cleaned so well. It made sense then. Ive seen places where they clean everyday bit make no efforts to actually clean n here such a wonderful job was done. However I told Charles abt it n he told me that the cleaner had taken ab off that day n claudia herself had to do the rooms for the new check ins.
The place has a library stocked with books and the lobby has free wi-fi. But not the rooms. Would have been another star if the rooms had wifi too but not so important.
When it was time to leave, id requested Charles if he cud arrange a cab for us to go to the bus stop. The cab was not available n Charles offered to drop us in his car. This was genuinely very nice of him. Though we did pay what we wud have paid the cab, Charles was reluctant in accepting the money.
The cavelossim beach is 3km from this place. It used to take us exactly 5 mins on the bike. The beach has some awesome food.
This llace would suit u best of ur looking for a nice place in south goa. Its quite. N comfortable. Worth the money u spend.
Chatles is a honest young lad who helped in every way he could.
Claudia is ever so sweet.
Id like to return with my bunch of frends next time.

ps: id read abt someone getting faulty bike. Charles does not own any bikes or rents them himself. He helps another guy give bikes to his customers.

Good work guys. Keep it up !!!

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Anshull
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Standard hotel with decent wifi, clean rooms hot shower, no TV in room but had a communal area with TV. We said on arrival we may stay 3 days maybe more. After the first day it seemed a little quiet and out of the way so we decided to move onto Palolem the next day, the manager didn't seem happy we cut short out stay by one day and the customer service that started off well seemed to fizzle out, seemed like a big issue had arose and the air was icy there after. My partner and I both felt it and seemed like we had been knocked down a peg. First day breakfast of three toast and two eggs were served then after letting them know we were leaving, one egg and just two toast for the same price was served. Seems petty I agree and we aren't one's to be picky usually but we felt a little let down on the service then. Food was generally pretty good, apart from some runny salty eggs.

We hired a bike for one day and the first one we were given pulled dangerously to one side and when breaking pulled back hard the other way. I drive bikes a lot back home and took the bike back to ask for another as was pretty dangerous to be giving out bikes like that. When I spoke to Claudia she showed me an injury on her foot and said she had an accident on one of the bikes because of that reason?! Why then are the hotel giving out these bikes and without helmets also, I had to ask on returning for one each and they only had one for me. The second bike we were given also had the same issue but not as bad and was ridable.
Overall it's a good hotel but they have some issues that need addressing.

Claudia did give us a very small discount which goes in their favour for our room and did help with booking a Tuk Tuk although somehow managed to cost more than what we paid to go less of a distance than when we arrived.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Lukeharmony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavelossim
Dona Sa Maria
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
#4 of 10 in Cavelossim
Cupid's Heaven - Agonda Beach Resort

Been to Veeniola Holiday Home? Share your experiences!