“One of the nicest families you could ever meet”
Review of Bardis Sun Studios

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arillas
Bardis Sun Studios
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Our recent stay at the Bardis was severly marred with me being quite ill. A chesty cough I took with me from the UK turned into something much worse very quickly. Poppy and family came quickly to the rescus taking me and my wife to a nearby village health centre and then onwards to the hospital in Corfu town. Bobby quickly got me seen by doctors and a consultant and within an hour I was admitted for a 24 hour stay. Bobby took my wife back to Arillas so that she could get a few things. Spiros brought her back to the hospital. These were not short trips I can assure you.
The following afternoon a taxi was arranged for us to take us back to Arillas. The taxi driver would not accept any payment from us. Thoughout the following days the family showed qreat concern for both my wife and myself. Although my chest improved I seemed to be getting weaker and unable to eat. Poppy got the local doctor to call which he did within 30 minutes. Diagnosis was acute gastroenteritis probably caused by the antibiotice for my chest killing the bacteria in my intestine. Dr Yiannis was brilliant, even going to Sidari to get some medicines for me.
Although this turned out to be the holiday that never was Poppy and family excelled themselves by making me as comfortable as possible. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
Needless to say since returning home we have booked another Greek holiday in September. Yep we are returning to Arillas and the Bardis Sun to have the holiday we never had. And I do know that we will be looked after by one of the nicest families you could ver meet.

Room Tip: Rooms 11 to 20 o the 1st floor have superb views across thye village of Arillas
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rothers1946

Reviewed June 19, 2012

My wife and I have being holidaying in the Greek Islands for the past 20 years, each year we say that we must return to a particular island, resort or accomodation but always seem to try another Island or resort not wanting to tie our selves down to the same holiday in the same place year after year.

Last year we stumbled upon Arillas and the Bardis Sun Studios and are now smittern with the Arillas bug, this was our 2nd year and have already booked for June 2013 and why, well we shall explain. Firstly the Bardis family are without doubt the perfect hosts they will sit and talk to you for hours and nothing is ever a problem if you have a problem they will try to sort it for you.
Their appetite to please never seems to wane and if you want a good local fisherman's tale you need look no further than Spiros who will entertain you for hours talking of the local village history and his fishing adventures.

The Studios are small but are clean and well maintained, all the balconies overlook the pool with views that extend out over the village, the pool is a good size and is cleaned daily.

As for Arillas well the best way that we can discribe this sleepy resort is that everday is a Sunday, quiet, peacefull but with enough going on to keep you interested. The beach is superb and ideal for young families but has enough watersports to keep your average teenager busy should the need arrise. Look beyond Arillas and you will find plenty of outstanding walks, to the east over the cliff tops towards San Stefanos and to the west towards the pretty hill top village of Afionas. While in Afionas try the Three Brothers or The Panarama restaruants for a delicious meal while you watch a golden sunset to die for.

What ever you do through the day you will return to the Bardis Sun knowing that your hosts will be there to further entertain you to late into the evening.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank christopher g
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Studios make an ideal base from which to explore the village of Arrilas with its quality Restaurants, beach and inland walks. My family and I walked over to near by San Stefanos and discovered to great Tavernas on the hill. The studios are small, clean and well maintained and the hospitality is second to none.

Having been to many different places we returned to Arillas after 5 years to find the welcome as friendly as evr and there is nothing the Bardis Family won't do to help thier residence. The atmosphere at BArdis is fun, relaxing and just perfect for a great holiday. We can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Book direct with the family and avoid the room suppliments added by package holiday firms (The charg...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nick_Boardman
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Just back from another lovely holiday staying with the Bardis family in Arillas, and it does seem like we are staying with them because they are so welcoming and cannot do enough for you. We have been back to Arillas several times and it is in most part due to the family and the welcome we get. This coupled with superb food made by Poppy, immaculate rooms,lively bar and excellent location, it is indeed everything you could wish for. Value for money is another plus along with its superb location being only a short stroll to the beach, tavernas and supermarket. The village is all that you would hope for in a traditional Greek village, good food, a great welcome and some peace and quiet.
We are already booked for this coming August and will be back again next year,we could not find anywhere better than staying at the Bardis sun studios

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2011

If you want a great holiday with excellent facilities and great hosts don't look any further you will get great hospitality and the best holiday you will have had for years, I speak from of experience having been back for the last 9 years and had a great time with Spiros,Poppy,Bobbie and George, hospitality at its best, a quiet resort with great Tavernas, good beach and friendly people.

Room Tip: Book an upstairs studio for a good view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank allen w
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Many thanks to all at the Bardis Sun Studios, for making my birthday celebrations something to remember. We decided to drive over from Kassiopi to stay in Arillas for the week, visit The Panorama and The Night Owl at Afionas. It was a repeat visit to this accommodation and it gives you everything you need for a great holiday. Brilliant location, great room, short stroll to the beach and the most fantastic sunset. The resort of Arillas and Afionas Village are exceptional. Their taverna's are also testimony as to why people keep returning. It was great to meet so many regulars at the Bardis Sun and
it is thanks to them and the owners Poppy, Bobby (who borrowed me the hat!) and Spiros who all made it such a holiday to remember. We look forward to returning next year.
Deb and Paul Hansel

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed here for 10 days and wished it could have been longer. This was our 2nd visit to wonderful Arillas which is charming and genuine. The accommodation and location of the Bardis Sun Studios are excellent and, together with the warm hospitality of Bobby, Spiros, Bobby, Katherine and George, we could not have wanted more.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tony B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arillas
Delfino Blu Boutique Hotel
#2 of 8 in Arillas
Mathraki Studios
Mathraki Studios
#2 of 25 in Arillas

Been to Bardis Sun Studios? Share your experiences!