All reviews pool bar pirate boat up hill nice facilities euros per person the hotel reception nice hotel lifeguard on duty on arrival swedish tennis mildly beaches village fridge crete sunbeds
Reviewed December 20, 2014

I just love this Hotel and have been returning many times. The hotel is beautifully located in an olive grove, a few minutes from the beach. The main building holds rooms, the reception (wifi offered) and the restaurant. The are also three separate buildings with rooms, all of them of higher standard than in the main building. I think it is good that there are different rooms to choose from. I especially like the rooms in the 300 series because of the location and the view of the mountains, the Lefka Ori.

Another great thing is the pool! A 50 metres pool to swim in! I just love it! There are also sun beds, free of charge and a pool bar. The hotel arranges activities and there is a tennis court for those who are interested. It is possible to take lessons.

The breakfast buffet is tasty and offers a wide range of food. It is also possible to eat lunch and/or dinner at the hotel. Once a week they organise a barbecue.

I will return in May again and I can't wait to go back! The staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Susanne F
Reviewed September 17, 2014

Very impressive resort - Excellent swimming pool with plenty of sunbeds, fantastic location - the sea views are to die for. The waiting-on staff and cleaning staff were top-class.

The facilities are a little tired:the room was VERY basic [Superior Double Room with balcony & sea view] - a mini fridge, no cupboard doors, and lethal, uneven stone steps up to tiled steps en-route to balcony doors - NOT for those with limited mobility. There are no staircase handrails anywhere on resort - mitigated by a longer route with sloped floors if you prefer. The air-conditioning was useless - positioned on wall in front of wardrobe so it could only chill a 2foot area - useless BUT very cost effective
The swimming pool although magnificent was in need of maintenance - mosaic tiles missing underwater. [we did go towards end of season though]. There was also loose wires protruding up from tiled walkway adjacent to pool where a light had once stood - the number of guests who tripped over or stubbed their toes on his was numerous. Why wasn't this covered by a hazard warning?
The quality of food was excellent although I was a little concerned at the storage temperature setting of the chilled cheese/salami counter at breakfast - the sliced cheese appeared to have melted together prior to being chilled - Also I would've preferred counters a little higher to prevent young children sneezing on food!

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paula B
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Rooms are extremely basic. No shower head holder, you can only hose yourself down. Not even a chair in the room to sit on.
The pool area was lovely, day and night.
Easy check in & friendly staff.
Buffet Breakfast choices were limited.
I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Vivianna M
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The hotel have a relaxed atmosphere, and a wonderful staff that really goes out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as one could wish for.

I strongly recommend trying "En Göteborgare" in the pool bar.

The food is ranging from average to superb, but you will almost certain find something that will tickle your tastebuds the right way, each night there is one menu and several side dishes on offer.

The hotel area is very clean and there is free wifi in the reception.

If you value good sleep you should choose comfort room, the beds are wonderful in the comfort rooms and typical greek hotel beds (Hard) in the regular rooms.

If you feel like making a day trip or some sightseeing, there is a really nice guy at the car rental counter in the hotel reception (He speaks very good swedish and english). The hotel offers a variety of trips, and hotel staff always join the trips, that way they are always at hand if something should happen, and it will, trust me this is Greece :) (Thank you Alice, we enjoyed the view)

To sum it up: A clean hotel with relaxing atmosphere with wonderful staff and the only place where you can get your hands on a "Göteborgare".

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fotografronny
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Langley Almirida Bay is a wonderful hotel to spend your vacation. Perfect for families with small children. The hotel is located in a quiet and picturesque area with walking distance to the charming village of Almyrida with its beautiful beaches. The beaches right of the hotel is more suited for families with small children, and the beach left of the hotel is perfect for the more elderly who enjoys the peacefulness.
The staff at the hotel is friendly and helpful. I must mention the wonderful man that we rented the car from. His name is Michail and speaks fluent Swedish, Greek, English and German. He made my husband and me, and our friends to feel so special and welcomed. He really took his time to explain and show on the map how to get to our destinations. If it were not for him, our family and our friends would never have rented a car in the first place, since the car rentals in the village did not make me feel at ease, and then we would never have seen all the beautiful scenery that Crete has to offer. Michail is truly a great asset to Langley hotel. As we plan to come back next year, I really hope to see him there again. He made our trip to Crete unforgettable. Thank you Michael for your hospitality and great humor,
Tack för all hjälp!