“Good Food - Good Service - Good Location”
Review of Dimitris Taverna

Dimitris Taverna
Ranked #8 of 25 Restaurants in Almyrida
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The tavern DIMITRIS is operating since 1984 near the first beach entering Almirida .In 2008 we were moved few meters further on the main Almirida's road in a larger space with spacious parking lot. Our cuisine preserves the tradition offering to our guests the favorite quality and flavors. With our steady values in the traditional greek cuisine, we offer meat from our farm and every day fresh seafood. We also use our own olive oil and all our roasts are grilled.Our pleasure is your satisfaction!
Reviewed October 25, 2013

On our 1st night in Almyrida we went to Lagos which was rated as number one eating place in the resort. We didn't like it at all. The next 13 nights we went to Dimitris, primarily because the food is consistently very good, but also because it was lovely to sit right by the shore and watch the sea lapping on the beach. We also had a lovely waitress, Ioanna who was very pleasant and after 2 weeks she felt like an old friend. She also helped a lot in our Greek speaking. There were 2 male waiters who were sons of the owner. They were a bit untalkative to start with, but after we spoke a few times they were fine.
The best meals I had were the Beef Stifado (the best I have had in Greece), Gemista (stuffed tomatoes) Lamb in wine sauce. Also very good were the swordfish and tuna.My wife had the stuffed aubergines (papoustikia?) several times and really enjoyed it.

If you don't order a dessert yourself you are given something free. This was usually a slice of a very tasty tart for want of a better description or ice cream. We were also given a jug of raki which I wasn't overly keen on, so I declined it after the first night.

The only downside for us at this time of year is that it was chilly some evenings so the sides were closed up. My wife and I are very anti smoking and there were people smoking at times which was annoying as you were shut in with it. I am sure in mid summer when the sides are open it wouldn't be an issue.

Highly recommended, hope we will get back there again in the future

2  Thank STEVE B

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Easily the best taverna I've been in on Crete. Super friendly stuff, great food and nice view from the beach.
Each visit there is like coming to your good friends for dinner and having this taverna so close to our hotel (Almyrida Beach Hotel) made our vacation even better.
And despite the fact of being a sea food restaurant I recommend their meat dishes.
Would definitely visit again.

Отличное местечко рядом с отелем Almyrida Beach Hotel. Очень радушные сотрудники, хорошая еда и приятный вид. Каждый визит туда был как поход в гости к добрым друзьям которые еще и отлично готовят.
Не смотря на то что ресторан, вроде как, рыбный, я рекомендую их мясные блюда.
С удовольствием вернусь туда в следующий визит на Крит.

2  Thank Pavel_Lemieszewski
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Top Food, Top Location, Top Family, Top Value, and of course "Super Mario" just go and enjoy good food at reasonable price in brilliant company (that's customers and the owners family).
Keep up the good work guys and we will be there again next June.

2  Thank MrFailsworth
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My family and I visit Crete very often. When we do visit, a stop at this traditional tavern is always a must for us. The tavern offers a great variety of dishes and they pull it off beautifully. I must admit that I have enjoyed everything I have tried. They offer great seafood and their traditional Greek dishes are perfection. Their stifado is fantastic! It tastes just like my mother's stifado (and let it be known my mother is known for her stifado).
With their beautiful views, lovely surroundings and wonderful service, Dimitris Taverna is a tried, tested and true gem in Almyrida, Crete. If you are ever in the area and are looking for a great meal, I highly recommend it.

2  Thank Bessie0606
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Back in Almyrida again and back to Dimitris again, we had a meal here in 2012 and really enjoyed it so hoped it was the same. We were not disappointed the food was great the service always friendly and at the right pace, time to relax. As for the cost 2 Starters, mains and a carafe of local wine less than €40 perfect.

We also had our last meal here, the day we flew home, we had a late flight so sat in Dimitris enjoying the food and location right on the beach and watching the sun set, waiting for out taxi to turn up, no better way to end an amazing holiday in Almyrida.

Do try Dimitris enjoy and relax on your holiday.

J & M