“All expectations were met, then exceeded” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Irini

and 1 more site!
Villa Irini
Doha, Qatar
“All expectations were met, then exceeded”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Excellent home-base from which to explore amazing Crete! When I first saw Villa Irini in the listings, I thought it was too good to be true. The accommodations are accurately represented in the pictures and reviews. I stayed in a studio suite which had a gorgeous view, smart design, great balcony, furnishings and ammenities. the villa and suites are immaculately maintained and clean. Villa Irini is steps away from the beach and village of Almiryda, so you choose whether or not to rent a car or use bus service.

Spiros, the owner/operator was incredibly helpful and contributed in the best way to my exploration of the island by giving me suggestions on when and how to get to the places I wanted to see. Crete has so much to offer and when I return, I will certainly stay here again (www.villairini.gr).The locale was an easy drive to Chania and other sites and it was always a pleasure to return after a day trip to relax at Villa Irini. Paradise.

Here are the things that really mattered to me and warrant my 5 star rating:
* I arrived in the middle of the night following the excellent directions (photos and all) given to me by Spiros the owner. When I pulled up to the Villa, Spiros came out to greet me. One could not ask for a better welcome anywhere in the world.
* Quiet and comfortable accommodation: I heard of other people who had left Chania because of the noise. My suite at Villa Irini was peaceful: I enjoyed my private balcony and slept well.
* A smaller accommodation (10 units I believe) affords easier access to the owner who was always generous in offering local insights and tips, not only to the popular sites, but into the culture, the language, and the people.
* Gorgeous view of the sea! I woke every morning to the sea view before even rising from my bed and could enjoy my morning coffee on the balcony - the weather was perfect.
* People are important: in Crete, people are exceptionally friendly and wonderful. Spiros and his neighbors on the hillside at Almiryda, as well as those in the village made me feel at home.

If you choose to stay here, you wont' be dissappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Falina_Dee

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
Msida, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We're on our last day of a six day visit to the West of Crete, staying at Villa Irini. The villa is situated on a hill overlooking Almyrida bay, and has gorgeous views from all the studio flats, though the uppermost floors are undoubtedly the best for this. The place is tremendously clean and well kept, and very comfortable, but best of all is the friendliness of the man in charge Spiros, who is there and helpful at any time when needed. Great value for money, wonderful views, good, clean rooms and an owner who goes out of his way to help and genuinely cares about the well being of his guests. Most definitely worth many return visits.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Gorg M
bury st edmunds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stop on our tour round crete , the setting of villa irini is superb and the views are to die for. The rooms have great views over the bay. The owner is very nice and helpfull and even washed the windows on our car before we left as they were dirty. Great place to stay highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank LEONDJ
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Villa Irini is situated in one of the most picturesque area of Crete – in a small village of Almyrida with a beautiful beach and a choice of fantastic restaurants. The air-conditioned apartments, overlooking the sea, are absolutely spotless and well equipped incl. a small kitchenette. Spiros, the proud owner and a passionate Cretan, is very friendly and extremely helpful with lots of tips for potential excursions within the surrounding area. We had out-of-this-world holiday here and cannot wait to come back again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nataliagallko
Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

It was a great time on Villa Irini! For my boyfriend and me it was at first time in Crete and I have to say I want to repeat it )) I have never stay in small hotels like this before but our friends recommended us to stay on Villa Irini, they were there before and there were very satisfied, and now I understand them! )) It is a quiet and romantic place, very very close to the sea, excellent view from balcony and very nice price for all of that! Apartments have everything you need to stay. We stayed there for one week in the end of September 2012 and if I could I stay there more and more time! )) Owner of villa Spiros is a quite charming person, very helpful and attentive! I hope for next time to spend there more time ))

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Darya B
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in Villa Irini for one week in September 2012 and loved it.

We were lucky to meet owners Styros and Sylvia, who were both incredibly friendly and charming characters and wonderfully helpful too. Thank you so much!

We arrived in the dark and the early hours of the morning and were shown to our room. Awoke in the morning, pulled back the curtains to an absolutely incredible panoramic view of the beach and sea beyond. Wow! All of the rooms have a sea view, and no matter which level you're on, it's spectacular.

The location too couldn't have been any better. It's a 2-5 minute walk to the beach depending on your legs down the cliff side path or road for those less adventurous. The beach is perfect too. On less windy days the bay's water is like a mill pond..

Almiriyda, like the beach, is a 2-5 minute walk, and Villa Irini is close enough to stroll to the restaurants / bars at night but faraway enough not to hear them.

The rooms are expectantly basic, and that wasn't a problem. They're very good value for money and the balcony and its view are priceless anyway. The cleaner is excellent and the rooms are kept spotless..

Styros and Sylvia have made the gardens beautiful, surrounded with grape vines and olive trees amongst flowering climbers and shrubs.

So so impressed with Villa Irini, we'll certainly be returning. A big thank you to Styros and Sylvia for making it a lovely place to stay and a wonderful holiday..

See you soon!

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank thedonandy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Almyrida
Niriides Hotel Apts Studios
#3 of 6 in Kalyves
Hotel Emerald
Hotel Emerald
#1 of 2 in Plaka

Been to Villa Irini? Share your experiences!