“Leave it to the Chef: He Knows Your Palette Better Than You”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brede Spisehus

Brede Spisehus
Cuisines: European, Danish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Leave it to the Chef: He Knows Your Palette Better Than You”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I went with the prix fixe three courses. I was not disappointed. It was a trek on our bikes from Copenhagen, but the location is exquisite and unparalleled. Make a reservation, listen to the waiter's recommendations, and enjoy the French part of this restaurant: you make one choice, and they do the rest. The kitchen doors are open. I wouldn't take young children here, but I would definitely choose this place for any kind of special occasion. If I had just a few days in Copenhagen, and the opportunity for one big dining splurge, I would gladly do it here.

• Visited August 2013

Reykjavik, Iceland
“An enjoyable, relaxing experience”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

A quality restaurant in the woods. Taken here by friends who know Lyngby, not the sort of place you wander into by coincidence. Nice atmosphere on a beautiful summer evening -nearly full on a Tuesday night, the crowd well-to do, upper middle class. Very well kept, traditional dining room, with views over the kitchen. We all went for the menu of the day, a three course set meal, good value, excellent food, in every way and attentive service.

Visited July 2013
Pandrup, Nordjylland, Denmark
“Soooo good eating place”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The food is fantastic and the service also. We tend to go there, when we visit the neighborhood for whatever reason (work, family etc.). They haven't disappointed us yet

Visited August 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Another tripadvisor gem”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I would never have thought to go here by myself, it's well hidden. Great outdoor terrace with a view of the lake. Very nice building. Staff was helpful and pleasant. We had very good wines at about 500kr/bottle but the cheaper options are very limited. The menu of the day was excellent value and was great, but if you happen to not want that, then the a la carte was a bit pricey. Great for larger parties.

• Visited May 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Authentic old world charm”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I hesitate to give away our favorite restaurants, because I want them to stay just the way they are! As a expatriate living in Denmark, this is one of our favorites. The building is the old canteen for the adjacent clothing factory, and has been restored to its original old charm. The first time we ate here it was for St. Morten's Day, a day Danes celebrate with roast duck. We've come to this restaurant for lunch as well... every time the food and service have been wonderful. And I always take note of how clean the restrooms are - which is often a problem in Denmark. Here, they are spotless.

• Visited October 2012