I spent 8 days here as part of a two family group. We were upgraded to fantastic rooms on our arrival and remained impressed throughout our stay. Getting there from Nairobi (Diani Beach was just part of a 3 week stay in Kenya) was an experience as we took the overnight train and then a little ferry. Despite arriving tired and dirty we quickly settled in and were looked after well. Any requests we made such as extra balcony furniture was dealt with in lightning speed. The food was fantastic and very fresh and varied. The staff were excellent and very friendly and polite. Special thanks to Patrick the bar manager who was great. Also to Mariam who did a lovely massage and manicure. She was a sweetie and made me feel ten years younger! The rooms were kept immaculate. It is not a big place so never seemed very busy which was nice. The hotel manager introduced himself and was very pleasant. Watch the monkeys (or pancake bandits as we christened them) they are fast but cute. The staff were very good at keeping them at bay. The animation staff all spoke french and english and although the entertainment is mainly aimed at the french (the bulk of the guests) they always translated for us. The evening entertainment was pretty good and there was enough for the children to do. I am fairly critical of all inclusive hotels but I left this place utterly relaxed and wanting to stay longer. Would definitely recommend this place to couples, families, older travellers and even lone travellers. many thanks to all of the staff who made our stay so enjoyable. You are doing a good job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As promised Ocean Village Club has , after major renovations, reopened on 1st December 2012.Most of the standard rooms have been demolished to make place for new Grand Tropical rooms. These rooms are between 42 and 50 square meters ( plus spacious verandah ) have both bath and shower, flat screen satellite T.V. minibar, personal safe, telephone, poster bed ,wifi and teack furniture.The overall concept remain the same : Ocean Village Club aims to give exceptional value for money, a smart, understated,environement for Clients that wish to relax, unwind, enjoy the sun, the beach, the ocean.As always Ocean Village Club has resisted the temptation to build too many rooms as the underlyng philosophy is that of creating an environment where clients feel part of a priviledged family, not just numbers....As always ......better yes, bigger no !! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Village Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Village Club Hotel Diani
- Paladien Ocean Village Diani