I visited the Baobab Beach at the end of June with my Boyfriend. I have always wanted to visit Kenya and after lots of research we chose the Baobab. We was not disappointed at all!
The weather in June was a big worry for us as it is there winter, we had 3 full days of rain in 2 weeks and it rained early morning then went Boiling from lunch time, it was too hot!! I would go back at this time of year as there is no way i could cope with the heat January and February as it is there hottest months.
The staff are so friendly they have very little, however they are so happy and they will go out of there way to make your holiday so special.
The food is brilliant, there are different things to choose from every day, sometimes having themed evenings like Italian and african.
The place is spotlessly clean, beautiful ground and the rooms are really nice.
We went on a 2 day Safari booked with JT safaris to Tsavo. I strongly reccommend you book with this company. Julius the owner will meet you outside the hotel and take you to his office to choose you safari. You can email him before you go to arrange this. He is well organised and very friendly. He is also cheaper than the Tour opperators. We had our own private jeep and people that went with Polmans (Thomsons and first choice use) were crammed in a bus with upto 8 people in there. You get a far better quality safari with JT. Make sure you have the correct JT (www.julius-safaris.com) Julius Tact Safaris as there are companies using this name and pretending to be Jt becaause he has such a good reputation in Diani Beach, and other companies try to steal his business. After our safari Julius called us to see how we enjoyed it. We arranged a couple of days later to pay him and took us to his little office and gave us wood carving gifts to take home
The annimation team are also very funny, full of life and a little crazy! They will certainly have you smiling around the pool.
One of the best things i thing i can also say about this hotel is the nature around the Hotel arranging from Cheeky Monkeys, Baboons who love food! Bush babies, cats, to very wierd looking insects, which we didnt really see alot of and they are harmless.
Overall this hotel is one of the best Hotels ive been to and i have travelled to many places. You will certainly get what i call, The Kenyan Bug, because you will want to go back. I caught it and were off angain to the Baobab April 2011 and we cant wait!! Have fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the world famous Diani Beach. The resort comprises three luxurious properties – The Baobab, The Maridadi and Kole Kole, offering a unique selection of exquisite accommodation and facilities spread across the resort grounds. Guestrooms have been specifically designed to provide paramount comfort and luxury for all our clients. Guests may utilise leisure facilities across the resort including 3 swimming pools, dining areas and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Baobab Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel Ukunda
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort And Spa
- Baobab Beach Hotel Diani