we've literally just returned from the Baobab - booked with First Choice.
Be prepared for the long journey from Mombassa airport, there is a small ferry that conveys you from Mombassa island to Diani Beach - but the journey is worth the wait!
Upon arrival greeted with cold towels and juice, staff take your luggage to your rooms (dont forget to have some small change ready).
We booked standard bungalow and requested a 2nd floor - was loverly, however when we returned from our 3 night/4 days safari we checked into a ground floor bungalow with a t.v. (which i understand the the t.v warrants a superior room) - so we were really pleased with our cheeky upgrade.
What Thomsons/First Choice dont tell you is that if you book the safari with your holiday (in UK) you have you literally check out of your room & check back in on return from safari. During the welcome party we realised that the safaris were around $300/400 more expensive that what we had paid in the UK. We later established that although the All Inclusive is 14 nights and effectively your only there for 11 of the 14nights, the reason for this is that the safari cost booked in the UK is counter balanced against the 14 nights 'All Inclusive' costs hence making the safari cheaper to book in the UK. Thomsons/First Choice should make this clear upon booking and offer the option of either : -
booking the safari in the UK (which is cheaper) however the pitfall is checking out of your room
keep room and pay more for the safari once in resort!!!!!
The 3 night/4 day safari was FAB!!! stayed at some loverly lodges, ARUBA, KILAGUNI and SALT LICK (however food was somewhat dissappointing at SALT LICK).
Baobab resort was wonderful, staff are so friendly and EVERYONE says JAMBO JAMBO!!! joseph at the Maradardi bar was fab!!
A must is a visit to Ali BABA's cave for dinner, its a little on the pricey side, however its a cave converted into a restaurant, there is no roof, so your literally eating under a blanket of stars!
we had a great time and will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the world famous Diani Beach. The resort comprises three luxurious properties – The Baobab, The Maridadi and Kole Kole, offering a unique selection of exquisite accommodation and facilities spread across the resort grounds. Guestrooms have been specifically designed to provide paramount comfort and luxury for all our clients. Guests may utilise leisure facilities across the resort including 3 swimming pools, dining areas and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Baobab Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort And Spa
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel Ukunda
- Baobab Beach Hotel Diani