The Baobab on the whole was excellent,we ate in the Maridadi restaurant most of the time and the staff were brilliant cheerful ,smiling and willing to get you anything you wanted ,food was supurb and you had to be a very fussy eater not to find something to enjoy,again the Bar by the Maridadi was brilliant staff had a brilliant sense of humour and made the most amazing pinklady cocktails of which i had a few.
The room we had was well equipped kept immaculately clean by Linette,my only fault on this was i have walking problems due to arthritis and did email the htel twice to request a room by pool,bar,and restaurant that was quiet and our room was slap bang in the middle of two of the pools and restaurants and we had the ampi thearta right behind us,i should have realised nothing was going to happen when the reply to my emails came back one sentence YOUR REQESTED HAS BEEN NOTED as i said the room we had in normal curcumstances would have been brilliant but as the days went on i did find the walk back to room painful and had we been placed nearer the Maridadi area it would have made my holiday a lot easier.I did go to reception once to firstly tell them the problem and also being our first time there to ask for a map of the complex but the reply was OH dear and no we dont have maps but we do have a walking tour of the hotel each day my husband said but we have just told you my wife has walking problems,and she just smiled and said its not that far,at which point we left,also we only found out 2 days before we came home that they has softer mattresses i actually slept in the chair a couple of nights.
The only other minus thing was i celebrated my 60th birthday at the hotel and as the hotel made it clear by sending us the price list of things we could order my husband as a surprise to me ordered flowers and cake to be delivered to our room for 12 noon the flowers duly arrived so by 1pm we went back to bar ,on our return at 3pm still no cake so my husband rang to ask where it was oh did you order cake as well was the reply,an hour later it appeared with a very bad carving of a zebra as a sorry, did put a dampner on my birthday,So all in all if the behind the scenes ran their operation as well as the room cleaners,bar staff and restaurant staff this would have been the most amazing birthday it just seemed to lack the personal care that on my 8 trips to kenya in the past have had
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the world famous Diani Beach. The resort comprises three luxurious properties – The Baobab, The Maridadi and Kole Kole, offering a unique selection of exquisite accommodation and facilities spread across the resort grounds. Guestrooms have been specifically designed to provide paramount comfort and luxury for all our clients. Guests may utilise leisure facilities across the resort including 3 swimming pools, dining areas and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Baobab Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel Ukunda
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort And Spa
- Baobab Beach Hotel Diani