We stayed at this hotel in February 2012 and are returning in February 2013 AGAIN! Can't wait, the mixture of pleasant staff and beautiful surroundings go along way to make a great holiday.
We keep reading all the problems people have had with the beach boys, we can't say this. We were lucky enough to meet Ali and Man-well who we have stayed in touch with, they showed us local cultures and took us to a local children's school which we now sponsor. They were like two body guards that kept the rest of the beach boys away. They took us on many trips including Haller Park, Wasini Island, and out to the coral reef. Please DO NOT BE PUT OFF they were great fun!!! Please try the bar on the beach (open Saturdays ONLY) called Kim 4 Love, used to be the two fishes hotel but is now shut, five minute walk down the beach.
The bar near the reception was very slow and had no atmosphere, in contrast the swim up bar on an evening was quieter with a great ambience, also great bar staff, one we named as Mr Leeds - great smile.
Food was great, all three restaurants served similar food of a very high standard - shame so much goes to waste when there are people less fortunate outside the hotel.
The beach, hotel grounds and rooms are extremely well kept, and the staff are helpful and friendly.
Can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the world famous Diani Beach. The resort comprises three luxurious properties – The Baobab, The Maridadi and Kole Kole, offering a unique selection of exquisite accommodation and facilities spread across the resort grounds. Guestrooms have been specifically designed to provide paramount comfort and luxury for all our clients. Guests may utilise leisure facilities across the resort including 3 swimming pools, dining areas and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baobab Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel Ukunda
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort And Spa
- Baobab Beach Hotel Diani