I spent a few nights here on my own, recovering from a long trip. Overall I had a great time and can thoroughly recommend it.
* great value for money. You can eat and drink till you drop without worrying about the bill. The food isn't five star, but I loved it. Lots of roasts, soups, pastas etc, with the occasional themed meal.
* the staff seemed pretty friendly, greeting you with a 'jambu!', having a chat if you want, or leaving you alone if you'd prefer
* I was concerned that, given it's an all-inclusive resort, it might have had a booze-hound vibe. But really the vibe is more family-oriented, with the occasional young couple. All very chilled.
* the place is perhaps a bit old, but still clean and tidy
* the mosquitoes are pretty bad in that whole area so I had a couple of near-sleepless nights; the mosquito nets didn't seem to be 100% effective
* internet is only available on two shared computers and seems pretty expensive. If you need to do some work (as I did), you're better off going to the shops and buying a 'SafariCom' USB Modem, which will set you back maybe $20 including more internet than you'll probably need.
Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely go back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Papillon Lagoon Reef reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Papillon Lagoon Reef Diani
- Papillon Lagoon Reef Hotel Diani