TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,238 results
All reviews beach boys entertainment team pool bar jt safaris day safari beach sellers great holiday three star hotel grounds plenty of sunbeds water polo rooms are basic main restaurant a bit of a pain real kenya hotel is lovely sister hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for 2 weeks in the hotel and were happy to be here. The rooms may not be the most modern ones in the area, but they are clean with a good shower. But, more important, the staff is as friendly as possible and go the extra mile to service you. We stayed on a all inclusive arrangement and the food was pretty nice!!! I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Note for the hotel management: please don't allow groups of people on Sundays just for the drinks, the real guests didn't like that. Apart from that incident we had a great time in the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 4days in August. The compound is pretty stunning and well maintained. We booked full board hence all drinks and food were unlimited and complimentary in all the restaurants they had. The staff are very attentive and offer assistance when needed.
The rooms are quite big and most have garden facing views. I didn’t find the beds very comfortable and also the double bed is really two single beds attached together. One large double bed makes more sense.
The cleanliness of the rooms is ok though some facilities are a bit dated.
The resort has a beach front and a with beach chairs to relax and soak in some sun. The pool is reasonably sized and has plenty of fun activities like water sports and dancing sessions throughout different times of the day.
Diani as a whole is stunning and the resort offers a great place to enjoy it. Highly recommend.
The prices are also fair if you book early.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2019 via mobile

DSR excessed our expectations. When I first started looking for accommodation in Diani for our ‘luxury chill’ week it wasn’t a consideration - I think because the cost was so much lower than a lot of the other all inclusive resorts that I discounted it straight away thinking it wasn’t good. I was wrong.

When we arrived we were given coconuts & flower garlands because it was our honeymoon. They also decorated our room & left us fruit which was a lovely touch. The room itself was a good size with a nice big bathroom. The shower was hot and reliable. The air con was also very good (& much needed!)

The pool was so nice. We thought it might get really crowded & we’d be fighting for sunbeds but it wasn’t like that at all. There’s a really nice vibe; peaceful but not lacking in atmosphere. Right on the beach & it’s lovely. The seaweed spoils it somewhat but if you’ve done any kind of research you will know to expect that before arriving.

We loved the breakfast. Fresh waffles, pancakes & omelettes. There was so much choice. It was definitely our fave time of day!

We were surprised to have a sit down 4 course meal the night of our arrival; we were expecting a buffet. It was a nice surprise but it didn’t actually work out so well. It was very chaotic in the restaurant. Staff didn’t really know what was going on, which tables they were looking after & as a result drinks were slow coming to us as was the food. We waited ages for our starter & then our main arrived as we were eating it! It’s a nice idea but in practise it doesn’t work for a hotel that size. I suggest having an ‘a la carte’ section in a different part of the hotel that people have to book if they want that type of experience. Buffet is best in hotels that size & it was quite obvious why that night.

The second night tables were set up around the pool & we had a candlelit dinner with a band playing in the background. Just lovely!

The only disappointment was the white wine which is terrible! We aren’t fussy wine drinkers & will happily opt for the £4 a bottle cheap version at home in the UK but even we couldn’t drink it.

I wish we could have stayed longer & I was so sad to leave!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2019 via mobile

Visited with my daughter. We had a lot of fun. The staffs are both kind and professional. The pool and snack bar were my favorite.
The security is tight, makes you feel safe.
The ambience is Serene and cost.

The check in and out is faster than a blink!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2019

My friend and I were staying in different hotels and we went for a boat ride. Afterwards I invited her over for lunch. Despite walking in together, security guys kept hovering around and asking her questions. They made her feel so uncomfortable and then asked her to leave. Escorted her up to the beach, I was infuriated! None of the white guests were bothered. Fortunately, I left the next day. Bet if she was white they wouldn't have asked her to leave. I really don't understand this preference for serving white guests. RACIST BUSTARDS!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Hiker278
Silvia K, Owner at Diani Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2019

Dear Hiker 278
Unfortunatly you tried to bring in someone through the beach. Diani Sea Resort is an All Inclusive Hotel and does not allow outsiders to come in through the beach. If you would have come through the main gate with your guest you would have been advised accordingly.
Guest of hotel guest are only allowed through the main gate. The Security guards only did their job!