“One of the best in the world”

Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Diani Beach
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I've stayed at 4-5 star resorts and hotels in Vegas, Hawaii, Bahamas, Singapore, and Dubai. From all those places including other resorts I've been to in Kenya I have found leisure lodge to be the most pleasurable experience. The beach, food, and many pools kept the kids active, along with supervised activities and fans for the entire family including beach volleyball, football, snooker, and table tennis. This us my 2nd time at the resort, the first was from an amazing conference, and this summer I went with the family for 5 days. Many pools, and places to eat here, and bars and the casino were also great. Our room was amazing with hit water, comfy beds, clean, and spacious. We were greeted with fresh coconut water and hot towels and my favourite part of the trip was the golf course.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a beach view, and ask for them to setup a mosquito net if not yet done
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Leisure Lodge R, General Manager at Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

We have received your very encouraging comments. We will continue doing our best to uphold our standards and ensure that all guests leave with lasting positive memories like you did.

We are always open to all comments as it is the yardstick with which we measure our commitment to guest satisfaction.

Thank you most sincerely and we are looking forward to receiving you again in our sunny side of paradise.

Obadiah

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I don't expect too much from hotels, good service and co-operation from staff and edible food.

In my home country Kenya, I expect more. We are renown for our hospitality and tourism and I expect more. Especially in Mombasa.

I have been coming to Leisure lodge Hotel year on year for the last 5 years as part of an annual conference for lawyers. The conference is ongoing as I write this review.

I arrived and it took me a cool half hour before I could check in. My room (booked abit late in the day) was not in the best location but, hey that's not my problem.

Stained and broken cisterns (and by broken I mean that I only discovered after using the toilet that it Could Not Flush!!), chipped tables, broken air conditioning controllers, doors with locks which appear to have been ripped out, wardrobes that can't open as they scratch the light fixture in the cealing, soap dispensers without soap.....

I could go on but I have pictures.

Leisure Lodge, this is terrible. A hotel of this calibre cannot possibly be giving out rooms which are clearly not ready for occupation but they are.

I immediately called reception for help fixing my cistern, they sent someone over who did what he could. A picture of the mess he left is part of my wide collection.

On inquiring when it may be cleaned up I was told to wait for about half an hour or so and be patient!! The service industry in this hotel is surely on it's dying legs!!

Leisure Lodge, I have been booking with you annually, I think it's time for me to try other hotels when I come for the annual conference. Maybe when you are ready to properly receive paying guests I will return.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Wambuimwangi

We thank you most sincerely for posting your comments which we have taken positively.

We regret the experiences you went through and the inadmissible way that your complaints were handled. We have taken it up with our team and action has been taken. We always make sure that all guests who come to our resort leave with good memories, the reason why we have managed to host your conference year after year.

We assure you that we will ensure that all the issues you mentioned are rectified and they will form part of our continued training.

Accept our sincere apology and we cordially welcome you back to the resort for you to experience our very best customer service.

Obadiah.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

My daughter and I spend our summer holidays last year and we had an awesome time, the service was excellent, I had the feeling that my needs were met immediately I raised them and that on a personal level. , the staff were very friendly and ready to help. I must say we love to travel and personally leisure lodge was the place we felt most "at home", and most welcome. Whenever we had an issue in the room, we had it solved, say like we needed the bathroom cleaned again, or an air freshener or the safe won't open. Our food was served on time, when my coffee wasn, t hot enough they replaced it with a steaming fresh one. When we left, we wanted something to take home with us, and the manager gave us one of those beautiful big blue eisure lodge umbrellas which I proudly carry around. My husband and I are going there again for our summer holidays and we are so excited. A special thanks to Guys like Jefferson, Dele Austin and Patrick who made our stay memorable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alicia G
Vivian M, Public Relations Manager at Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2016

Thank you so much for your review. Your amazing experience as a couple is our core mandate and Leisure team is always at hand to ensure our guests are well taken care of. Your compliments are forever engraved in our hearts and we are looking forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I got a nice room, overlooking the beach.

I was however appalled by the level of service. They had messed about my reservations, and delayed me at check out despite me sorting this earlier. Also, had to order coffee 5 times during one breakfast - there were lots of staff around but they were busy walking around. Hotel also messed up my airport transfer and made me miss my flight.

It was during a conference, so they might have been swamped, but not an excuse for such bad service.

Room Tip: The rooms at Block D have a good view of the ocean, D1 to D10. The balconies face out to the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I am so much dissapointed by one of your staff whom i tried contacting about accommodation i believe in hospitality speaking from experience you are not supposed to be rude but one Liz Ayany told me"you are getting into my nerves' no matter how many questions a guest asks you i believe you are supposed to be patient but for her it was a nag n a bother if thats how you respond to clients am so much dissapointed. and if it was my accommodation i would not prefer leisure lodge and cannot advise anyone anyone to stay there but because of circumstances let it be.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Maggie M
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Let me list the things you will expect to find here (and this is in the renovated Premier Bahari rooms that are sea-facing):

1. Roaches is room - two days Ina. Row I found dead roaches in my bathroom and in the bedroom area. I assume they had died while I was sleeping from the roach kill under the sinks. They were being eaten by ants by the time I awoke.
2. No net on the beds: in a mosquito prone area like The coast all resorts of any worth have something to shield clients from the mozzies. I had to call in for a net to be put up. When the guy with the net got here he stepp all over my bed with his filthy feet to put up the net.
3. Sleazy staff: was in my room, had requested for matches. My door was not all the way closed. When the staff, a man, finally came, he didn't bother to knock. He just walked in to my horror.
4.indifferent staff: Hass to call two times to get a item I ordered delivered to the room. Plus I had a headache and they didn't have any painkillers in the whole hotel (although they didn't really try to check for me) and told me to walk to the gate and across the street at night to buy painkillers. It'd your problem, not theirs.
5. Dirty water kettle: probably had not been cleaned in weeks. Had water still in it with white powdery substance floating in it. Disgusting! Even if they finally discover the kettle is dirty and wash it, I wouldn't feed the roaches with that water.
6. No turn down service: room was as is every night I came back to room. Had to fit the net myself.
7. No linen or toiletries replacement: they didn't replace my hand towel that I had to use as a floor mat because they hadn't replace my floor mat. Towels really old. No shower cap replacement.
8. Sticky dirty safe: safe face and buttons were DIRTY and sticky. Was so disgusted trying to keep my valuables safe.
9. Rude staff: got a lot if talk back by Judy at the reception. With her the customer is NOT right. She told me that something I was telling her happened to me was an 'allegation'.
10. The place is OOOLD: no meaningful renovations in years. You can stay at the numerous other neighboring hotels that offer 10times better experience at a comparable price.

What's nice about this hotel?
1. Food was good although the staff were very rude about when you could serve food. I came in at 12.34 (official lunch starts at 12.30) and I was chased away even though the food was ready and chefs ready to serve.
2. Pool looked welcoming although I never used it.
But you can find good food and great pools at the other hotels. Stay anywhere but here.

Room Tip: Just don't.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank TravelBuggy2
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We arrived at the hotel to inquire about possibility of holding a wedding in the resort, we are informed to sit and wait as the person responsible was organizing some government conference, 20 minutes later we are still waiting, 30 minutes and we are still told the person will take 10 minutes at which we decided to leave, as we drive out we are stopped at the gate and the gate-man asks to speak to my fiancee, shameless receptionist colludes with a guest and they try to hit on my fiancee, this has got to be the most unprofessional resort i have come across in decades and they should be ashamed. I recommend anyone to the resorts next to them like swahili beach and leopard resort that were courteous and took time to explain the amenities to us.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Daniel K
Leisure Lodge R, General Manager at Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Daniel,

We have learnt of your experience with a lot of concern and for sure it must have been frustrating to you. It would have been prudent for to to demand to speak to a senior person because we do not condone such behaviours from our staff members a fact that they all know very well. We give all customer special attention and this is the first time that we here about this kind of behaviour.

You were a potential client who deserved a carpet to be rolled out for. We missed this opportunity but there is always a second chance. The issue abount your fiancee was unfortunate and should have reached the managemnt for action to be taken,

We look forward to be of service to you and correct the short comings.